Alfie

I’ve just about had my fill of him. Rolling about like a wee lassie at every opportunity, missing easy chances and his body language is absolutely shocking at times. He’s cost us today with those misses.
I've completely had my fill of him. A good player and very capable on his day....his attitude and consistency aborder on the amateur, sadly.

Not saying this to be hurtful towards the player, saying it because its demonstrably true.

What’s the reason he’s not firing at the moment do you think? 1 league goal in 3 months now. I lost count of the chances he passed up today.
There was a poster on here the other day saying we should be getting 35m for him. For me, he’s not interested here anymore and he is going to seriously sour his relationship with the fans if he doesn’t get the finger out.

No idea what's wrong with him but he's cost us the win today, no question. Roofe laid that last one on a plate for him, and that was after he wasted several opportunities to at least hit the target.

He was utterly woeful and not for the first time this season.

Spent more time on his arse pleading for non existent fouls than he did on his feet

Bullied all day by the Hearts defenders and didn’t look interested in giving any aggression back.

The chance he missed was laughable but it’s not the first time we’ve seen him miss sitters like that and it won’t be the last

He missed a couple of other decent chances too, one cut back in the second half he completely scuffed wide.

How he lasted 90 minutes was a joke. Gerrards subs in the second half were baffling to be honest

Today, Morelos and McGregor sold the jerseys

He's been poor all season, and was poor for a lot of last season by his standards too. I think he stayed on as Sakala isn't any better tbh.

What’s the reason he’s not firing at the moment do you think? 1 league goal in 3 months now. I lost count of the chances he passed up today.
Do you think it makes a difference maybe if a players family /kids aren’t staying with them… messes up their routine?

let him pl,ay for some wee dire team in england, just li8ke eduoard its his obvious choice. No good to us with that attitude. And I loved the wee man. But its obvious he aint interested.
He isn't on Edouard's level.

I'm guessing I'll get stick for saying that, but this is part of the problem with Alfie all along....been told how amazing he is by everyone for years & now we have a worse player than he was 2 years ago whilst expecting a big fee if he goes.

They got £10m+ for Edouard when his deal was nearly nearly up. We'd struggle to get half that for Alfie right now.

He is overweight and overall has been average for the last 2 years bar a handful of gamechanging performances among scores of games where he has struggled to do the fundamentals right.

If he arrived with us aged 28 & was in this position now we would be universally chased, but we still cling on to the myth that he is worth huge money.

And if we think we’ll get anywhere near £15m for him now we’re kidding ourselves

Be lucky to get £10m offered for him on his season so far

Morelos scores the tap in and the game is finished.
The game could have been finished at 1-0 If we had defended the corner,
How many times have we seen this happen before? We have struggled to see the game out,
FFs we even let a goalie run up and score against us.

There has been more than 1 occasion where our support, myself included, have wrongly felt he was overweight

Today is the 1st game where I've felt he is & it has actually impacted his play.
When did those extra few kilos affect him today?

His misses today were criminal, he scores one or two of the opportunities and McGregors mistake is irrelevant.

Like when Roofe set him up for the sitter, thought his movement looked laboured from build up to finish- yes its late in the game as well.
Nonsense, if he had kicked it properly on target it would have gone in.

You're saying he missed it because he was overweight? B-D

I see its back to the Alfie bring the whipping boy again. What happened to us winning or losing or drawing a game as a collective and a team? There is no denying he missed chances but, this is a team game not a one player to blame when we draw game.

Why didn't get subbed if he was so poor?

He’s tremendous outside the box, links up play better play than anyone in the squad.

However, As a pure out and out striker, a supposed 20 million striker, he has zero composure. Kris Boyd, Half the player Alfie is outside the 18 scores 4 four today.

That’s the difference.

I see its back to the Alfie bring the whipping boy again. What happened to us winning or losing or drawing a game as a collective and a team? There is no denying he missed chances but, this is a team game not a one player to blame when we draw game.

Why didn't get subbed if he was so poor?
Your last question is a mystery

And no he’s not a whipping boy. Folk are calling it as they see it.

Some including you it seems, appears to get uptight at anyone daring to criticise him

He was stinking today, couldnt trap a bag of cement and his finishing was on a par with Egil Ostenstad, his work rate was atrocious also, doesn't look interested, benched for me and told in no uncertain terms he has to shape up

100% after that record in the Europa we should have sold him then his stock was at his at highest, now look at him, I love the wee man but he frustrates the life out of me and with the shocking misses he has too regularly for my liking now his value can only be decreasing! We need to be selling and reinvesting to become a club on a more solid financial footing and we seem to hold onto players past there highest selling point.

Bang on. The only way rangers will be sustainable long term is by player trading.

I remember being in Rotterdam when he scored two amazing headers and thinking that he had the potential to kick on and really go to a big club in a big league. Looking at him now you just can’t see who would want to sign him

Suspect he's unsettled. It's coming close to the point where it would be better for Morelos to move on and better for Rangers to get the money in for him.

To think not that long ago we relied so heavily on Buff and indeed pretty much built our team around him. Now he looks semi-interested and nowhere near as mobile or even as robust as he was at his peak. I understand the change of role but honestly I don't think he could do his previous role anywhere near as effective nowadays.

Confidence is a key thing for any striker and the whole team for some unknown reason seem to be lacking in that.

Back