Alfie

As the game went on we needed someone to provide a bit of link up and holding up the ball. Colak doesn't do that.

It's tough without him when we know what he can be capable of, but he's just off the back of 4 months out injured. I'd like to see him start or get some minutes in vs Hibs on Saturday.

I can understand him not coming on, but you never know, he may have been a good option.

Crying out for at least 15 minutes of Alfie Lawrence was also done. Okay give him 5 minutes after he scores as the adrenalin was pumping but after that get some legs in that midfield

He came on Saturday there against St Johnstone and never got a sniff, I don't think that would have went un noticed by the management. We need to nurse him back carefully plus big Colak had his best game in a blue Jersey tonight.

I reckon Alfie starts on Saturday

You would think, Gio gets praise when his subs are good and change the game but for me tonight they werent. But as he said its all to play for, lets hope he’s learned lessons from previous away euro games

It's tough without him when we know what he can be capable of, but he's just off the back of 4 months out injured. I'd like to see him start or get some minutes in vs Hibs on Saturday.
Start against Hibs?
He looks totally out of shape.
He looks like he’s got 5 to 10 minutes in him maximum

Do t think he’s match fit for that level yet.
I think you are right.

Still not sure what harm 15 minutes would have done him or the fans tonight mind you, he would have rattled them. Maybe GVB couldn't trust him to go on and take it 'easy' Think the wee fella is all or nothing :D

He came on Saturday there against St Johnstone and never got a sniff, I don't think that would have went un noticed by the management. We need to nurse him back carefully plus big Colak had his best game in a blue Jersey tonight.

I reckon Alfie starts on Saturday
Did you see his body shape when he came on recently?
He’s got a pile of weight to shift

When asked if he had thought of bringing on Morelos, Gio’s one word answer was ‘No.’ When pressed to elaborate, Gio added that Cholak was playing well and pressing hard when he didn’t have the ball. Seems like Morelos was never likely to play.

Would have given him 10-15 mins.

Colak was offering nothing in the latter stages. Absolutely nothing sticking.

Something we will never know really is how fit he is for this level.
If its a case of being in danger of doing himself a damage, I think right call - though if that is the case, why on bench at all.

I thought Colak done well, took his goal brilliantly too. That said, Alfie for 15 mins would've given the place a lift that we needed.

100% mate
Would have loved him to get on for 10 minutes but i said in an earlier reply, he is all or nothing. He goes out there and bursts a gut for us, no doubt. But half fit he is more likely to burst a hammy.

Then what? That would be a proper disaster.

Big Colak is doing fine, actually doing pretty good. We need to trust him and nurse the buff back.

As much as I would have liked to see Alfie coming on the last 30 mins or so, I tend to agree with others that he is not match fit and probably also needs to lose a wee bit of timber too if I’m honest. Going forward Alfie and Colak will be our two main strikers this season.

Not bringing Alfie on for Colak was one decision Gio got 100% correct.

Alfie still need time after an extremely long lay off but aside from that Colak was about our best on the park.

Back