Alfie's 5 Europa League Group Stage Goals

Remember when they said he can't score against decent teams and that he his a scruffy finisher. The finishes against Porto where with either foot and fit sweetly and perfectly. The finish against Young Boys was one of the sweetest hits I have seen. The headers against Feyernord were genuinely world class.

Big teams on the big stage.

All Teriffic goals,number 3 for me extra special.how he managed to control
and then strike the ball with the same foot in a split second,was incredible.

2 things there that mark him out as a superstar

1) the quality of those goals is so high, they really are technically outstanding finishes

2) most of those goals were scored from the only real chances he had in those games. Absolutely clinical and ruthless

The finishes of a 30mil+ striker right there. Every one a beauty.

Also, I like symmetry. So far, Alfie has 2 v Porto, 2 b Feyenoord and 1 v Young Boys. Spot the odd one out? 2 against each has a lovely ring to it (although of course I'd put y OCD to the side and be delighted with 3 or 4 against YB instead).

These are all Suarez goals - Morelos could play for Real Madrid and lift their team. I'm raising his price to £100m.

10 years from now we'll realise this lad is the best striker we ever had - priceless.

That one in Porto was a thing of beauty. One touch football and a four man move from deep in our half.

When the ball left Barasic’s boot you just knew what was gonna happen.

Gets my vote for goal of the season so far.

The improvement in Morelos is incredible, you have to think the coaching staff and Defoe have really been helping him. He’s so much more economical with his chances now. In previous years, while still scoring goals, you could remember lots and lots of misses, but his movement and his patience to wait for the right chance now is fantastic.
Long may it continue!

Back