Alfie's goal. A promise of things to come?

He hasn't been in the box as much this season. He needs to get himself in there as quick as he can rather than being the provider. He needs to find the correct balance.

Last edited:
Itten, Morelos, Roofe, Kent, Defoe and Hagi are fighting it out for 3 places up front alongside Barker, Stewart and Jones. The gradual building of a quality side is completely evident when you put it like that for me. I think it's obvious that Itten was our replacement for Morelos anticipating we had sold him.
Id say they’re fighting it out for 4 places as we normally play 4-2-3-1
Great problem to have

He was also full of running in the training videos, to the extent I thought it was Aribo. I think the rest has done him good, I agree he looked a lot sharper when he came on.
I was the same, because of the hat and the weight he's lost. I wasn't always sure if it was him or kamara

He needed it.

There’s a lot of rewriting of history going on because of his goal last night, but he was dreadful against Liege and really needed a performance like that.

Play the form players though, so he deserves to start against Killie.

Alfredo was playing well before last night. The people claiming he was poor v Galatasary or Celtic should sit and watch those games again with an open mind

Delighted for the wee man. Got to start on Sunday now. Think we all know he needed that goal. His tail will be up now.

Alfredo was playing well before last night. The people claiming he was poor v Galatasary or Celtic should sit and watch those games again with an open mind
Aye, he was playing so well that Gerrard subbed him for Roofe against Liege and then dropped him for Livingston and Poznań.

Don’t kid yourself on, no need. Nothing wrong with admitting that he needed rotated, anyone with working eyes could have seen that.

Aye, he was playing so well that Gerrard subbed him for Roofe against Liege and then dropped him for Livingston and Poznań.

Don’t kid yourself on, no need. Nothing wrong with admitting that he needed rotated, anyone with working eyes could have seen that.

If you say so. I will listen to the manager though

If you say so. I will listen to the manager though
So will I - Morelos was so out of form and deserved to be dropped by the manager for the last two games.

You’re kind of defeating your own argument there, but batter in.

So will I - Morelos was so out of form and deserved to be dropped by the manager for the last two games.

You’re kind of defeating your own argument there, but batter in.

Did the manager not respond to a question that Morelos was not dropped?

Did the manager not respond to a question that Morelos was not dropped?

I’m sure if Morelos was in the great form you spoke of, he would have started the last two.

As I said, nothing wrong with admitting he was off the boil a bit.

I’m sure if Morelos was in the great form you spoke of, he would have started the last two.

As I said, nothing wrong with admitting he was off the boil a bit.

Great form? I said he played well against Galatasary and Celtic which he did.

I thought he looked more like himself last night. Maybe realising he's no longer an automatic starter has re-kindled his interest. Probably reading too much into his goal celebration but when he was pointing skyward he looked like he was giving thanks for ending a barren spell.

So confidence booster, plus new found motivation to retain his place? Here's hoping. With a huge set of games ahead of the next break, what an asset a revitalised Alfie would be.

Gerrard said in a press conference that Morelos had been needing a rest after coming back from internationals but they’d been unable to give him it of late due to injuries to others.

Great form? I said he played well against Galatasary and Celtic which he did.

Played well in certain spells against Celtic, but his touch and pass was off a lot of the time and he still looked sluggish.

To suggest he played well against Galatasaray is unadulterated drivel.

Perhaps my imagination, and maybe just projecting my positive feelings but I thought he was looking lean too. After last year’s pre-season he was sharp and very lean and scored for fun.

The weight thing is overblown due to his body shape but he’s a guy that you can tell when he’s not in peak condition as a result.

Few people missing from this thread.Oh wait it’s a positive one for a change.Delighted for him and hopefully can now kick on.

Back