Alfies touch for first goal - sublime

Phenomenal! He did similar a couple of years back, against Hamilton I think. Ball was behind him and a beautiful touch takes it by the defender. Plus remember his touch and turn against Killie at Ibrox last season. He’s different level

The boy is taking his game to a new level. As well as the first touch The pockets of spaces he is finding and his overall link up play is magnificent. All this while continuing to bang in goals can only help drive us to 55

Watched it from the north stand great view . The strength as well was unbelievable . No other player in Scottish football Is capable of anything like that !

His ability to be facing the wrong way about 80 yards up the pitch, defender at back, with the ball drilled at him and then to materialise with the ball and about 5 yards ahead of the previous touch tight defender and baring down on goal is unbelievable

Its been said before, but has to be stressed.

He would have missed that chance last year(?), 18 months ago(?)...

When he had time to think, he missed. When he took quick snatch shots he scored.

His ability to bully defenders with his strength and direct play is ridiculous. His finishing in those situations is absolutely top drawer as well. He made the Feyenoord back line look like absolute mugs in the first half last week.

If he improves on his finishing from crosses he'll be unplayable.

I just love his wee face, whether he is happy, moody or whatever.

441B6C9600000578-0-image-a-32_1505256418646.jpg

Think this game and Feyernoord showed him beginning to enter the next level. Besides all the usual qualities we discuss he has genuine skill with the ball. Don't much like the phrase "he's unplayable right now" but with him it's the best description.

Not suggesting we do it but he causes so much havoc to the opposition back four would like to see at least one game where we play with a front two the other player say Defoe would find acres of space .

It was a great touch but I also think the defender trying to nick the ball rather than hold him up played a part. He committed himself and played into Alfie’s hands.

Still had so much to do though and the finish was superb.

I’ve been a long time lurker and signed up to make a thread about this touch but you beat me to it with this thread!

Not enough is being made about that touch IMO, it is absolutely sublime to do that at pace with the weaker foot. On Sportscene Thompson didn’t even acknowledge the touch and focused on the “poor defending”.

And let’s not even talk about the finish which was outstanding in itself.

Honestly and I’m being dead serious here that’s a potential goal of the season contender. I can’t for the life of me understand why so little fuss is being made over that goal even by our own support. It is unreal skill.

Its been said before, but has to be stressed.

He would have missed that chance last year(?), 18 months ago(?)...

When he had time to think, he missed. When he took quick snatch shots he scored.
Load of shite.

I’ve been a long time lurker and signed up to make a thread about this touch but you beat me to it with this thread!

Not enough is being made about that touch IMO, it is absolutely sublime to do that at pace with the weaker foot. On Sportscene Thompson didn’t even acknowledge the touch and focused on the “poor defending”.

Honestly and I’m being dead serious here that’s a potential goal of the season contender. I can’t for the life of me understand why so little fuss is being made over that goal even by our own support. It is unreal skill.
Nowhere near goal of the season. He’s already scored better this season.

To think that w@nk Sutton says he lacks finesse with his finishing when the keeper saved his first half chance sums up the dregs that are commentating on Scottish Football.

It was a great touch but I also think the defender trying to nick the ball rather than hold him up played a part. He committed himself and played into Alfie’s hands.

Still had so much to do though and the finish was superb.

The defender had no choice, he thought as we all probably did that Alfredo was losing the ball until Alfredo used that bit of skill to enhance his possession and zoom! You can see the defender lifting his leg anticipating he had Alfredo beaten the rest is a delightful little piece of history!

Another piece of play that sticks in my mind yesterday was when he dropped deeper at the left hand side of the pitch, and played a precision cross field pass to tav on the other wing.

Vision and execution were both 10/10

Another piece of play that sticks in my mind yesterday was when he dropped deeper at the left hand side of the pitch, and played a precision cross field pass to tav on the other wing.

Vision and execution were both 10/10

I thought that was Aribo, although I was eating at the time and not paying full attention. Great pass.

Morelos is continually improving his all round game. He is more skilled than he gets credit for from the media and his physical presence creates chances for him and others. Yes he can be a little selfish at times, but good strikers generally are.
I'll be gutted when he goes, however I'm convinced he'll fund a transfer window when he does. Our best piece of business in many a year, in my opinion, was signing Alfredo.

He really has upped a level. I honestly love watching Alfredo tearing apart opposition defenders with ease, he's got that upper body strength that he uses brilliantly, then turns defenders with a class first touch.

Love the Buffalo and so glad he's happy here. Good things are coming.

It’s brilliant.

Added to that the defender charging into him recklessly. Easily a goal of the season candidate. The wee man is simply fantastic at the moment

Welcome to the Party!

Back