Alfies yellow card.

He was booked for saying “no foul”

Many players tonight, including Rangers players screamed at the ref shouting a lot more.
Some of the comments against Alfie in the match thread we’re quite bewildering.
Alex Rae was slating him as well
Fans have short memories.

Let’s support him on this one

He has to be smarter and know that he has that reputation even beyond the SPL, I thought it was infuriating. With that being said I agree about the abuse he’s taking lately, it’s went way over the top and I’d imagine he’ll be a big miss next week regardless of his problems in front of goal.

Aye fair enuff but how many times did he dive later on ?? I counted 3 dives he could have got booked for...
I love the wee man but I'm cringing for him at times just now when he goes down. I wish he'd regain focus on the positive aspect of his game and start smashing the ball into the net again.

You take the passion out of Alfie he ain’t Alfie, you take the passion out of football it’s just another sport. Alfie did nothing wrong, he’s chalk full of adrenaline and trying to get his team a foothold in the game the Braga defender drops far to easily.

Lets talk about the assault on Barisic which should have been red, the referees reluctance to book Braga players for deliberate trips and hand balls. Alfie for some reason is being singled out, he’s being refereed to an entirely different standard.

The media and Scottish officials have already damaged Alfie and lowered his stock, let’s not us turn on him for having passion and drive in the heat of battle!!

For those who say Alfie's at fault for that booking then you are totally wrong. He did what the majority of players do during a game when they think the ref has made an error. There was no running towards the ref and shouting his head off.
As for the ref, the amount of throw-ins decisions the clown got wrong was amateur to say the least.

Last edited:
You take the passion out of Alfie he ain’t Alfie, you take the passion out of football it’s just another sport. Alfie did nothing wrong, he’s chalk full of adrenaline and trying to get his team a foothold in the game the Braga defender drops far to easily.

Lets talk about the assault on Barisic which should have been red, the referees reluctance to book Braga players for deliberate trips and hand balls. Alfie for some reason is being singled out, he’s being refereed to an entirely different standard.

The media and Scottish officials have already damaged Alfie and lowered his stock, let’s not us turn on him for having passion and drive in the heat of battle!!
Well said mate.

Every ref in Europe has his number. He's being singled out no doubt, but only he can stop giving them opportunities to shaft him. He should have a word with Suarez and Costa.

Would Costa be booked for that.
Would Renaldo be booked for that.
Would Harry Kane , Rashford , Suarez or lewandowski, be booked for that.
Would they %^*&.

Every ref in Europe has his number. He's being singled out no doubt, but only he can stop giving them opportunities to shaft him. He should have a word with Suarez and Costa.

It was dissent and worth a booking. He also went down easy on at least two occasions which would have seen him sent off in our league.

Many players tonight, including Rangers players screamed at the ref shouting a lot more.
Alex Rae was slating hi

Fans have short me

You could hear the delight when we were down 2 nil and the disappointment when we were winning in Rob Mcleans voice
Fcuk them all Gers W A T P

Go on the Gers Fcuk the lot of them No Surrender

Flung his arm and shouted at the ref
Booking all day imo. Either one alone and he’d have maybe got away with it.
As an aside, the challenge that took Barisic out to me looked like a stone wall red from CF

I thought the eufa refs would be fair to him

He now has a reputation, and it will follow him his whole career

Nonsense, as soon as he gestured the yellow was both inevitable and STUPID.

The booking is harsh but if you react like that it's always a risk. I'd imagine all the players, especially those a card away from suspension, were well warned about that referee.

I love Morleos but there is no doubt he has a rash side to him, whichI think is a bigger issue with him scoring during the big games.

Never a booking, every player argues with the ref if he gets pulled up for a non existent foul.

The positive I'll take from it is he will be fresh and raring to go for the big cup tie at Tynecastle the weekend after the Braga away game.

How can a player be expected to not react at all. It wasn’t violent, and i assume didn’t swear in English either. Yellow card for a shout and throwing your arm?

It was not reacting.

It was screaming and bawling like a woman two days before the painters come in. I'v a few sisters. I'v been married a coupla times. Iv had loads of burds. I'v had plates and dinners chucked at me for not twigging what was going on.
He'sh
This is a petulant child we have.

As soon as he remonstrated to the ref he was getting booked, I seen it a mile off. Such a stupid booking. I didn't think it was a foul but what's he going to achieve by shouting at the ref and throwing his arms up. Idiotic.

Time some bears woke up to the fact he has been our best, will remain our best, and was, alongside Hagi, our best tonight. Thought all the "get rid" if we are offered a few million shit was behind us, but apparently the forum is still infested.
He was nowhere near our best player tonight. Hes been brilliant for us but tonight wasn't his game. He did deserve the yellow

Apparently their centre has signed for £26m to Barcelona. I know out of Trincao and Morelos which raw player I'd rather have

I just wish someone would show Alfie how to chip a baw......
The book on him......
"He always shoots low + hard for the corners"
So opposing keepers are making themselves big + getting down....
Imo he'd have at least another 4 goals if he patiently waited for the keeper to get down...

Soft as f/uck but as others have said there's always a risk you get booked for somethjng daft like that. Needs to be smarter in future and don't give the bastards any excuse to get the cards out.

How can people defend him on this. It was a petulant reaction and he was diving all over the place again. He's a phenomenal player but he has to cut this stuff out

Latest posts

Back