Alfies yellow card.

So you want him to sit out then and continues missing big games as he scored in earlier rounds, makes no sense at all surely that's why you want him to behave himself so he can be part of the big games.

We see supporters making too many excuses for him now.
No, and of course, I never said that, but you would have to be totally thick not to understand what he has given to the season, whilst acknowledging that he has to improve his discipline.

I seriously thought he was booked for hardly touching the guy the card was out before he complained about the foul .

He was booked for saying “no foul”

Many players tonight, including Rangers players screamed at the ref shouting a lot more.
Some of the comments against Alfie in the match thread we’re quite bewildering.
Alex Rae was slating him as well
Fans have short memories.

Let’s support him on this one

I thought it was a very harsh booking but knowing the ref is card happy, reacting at all is daft.

He does it too often for us to back him on it al. He's going to have to learn to just not react.

He was shouting "no foul" but it wasn't that he was booked for, it was for throwing his arm in anger towards the referee as a protest at the decision.

It's the sort of thing you often see players getting away with but he doesn't help himself reacting at all.

He got booked twice within a minute and then sent off for dissent in Russia last season. He needs to learn.

Or alternatively *all* the Euro refs are out to get him. :rolleyes:

Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange UEFA appoint a Spanish ref for a game involving a Portuguese team?Have we ever had an English ref for a European game?

Aye...

Guess you never!! Beer goggles or blue tinted specs ?
I saw the replies and like for your post after I posted.
Looks like you have more support than I thought.
That said, I didn’t see any dives.
I thought there was contact on each occasion.

I've just watched it back – it's incredibly fücking harsh. He hadn't put a foot wrong for the entire half then gets booked for that. I can understand people saying even the Europa refs are at it with him because you just don't see anybody else getting booked consistently for that sort of stuff. It's as if they're being told pre-match to watch him and calm him down early with a booking to keep a lid on it.

So, in the end, Morelos gets the same punishment for a split second reaction 15 yards away from the ref as the guy got for straight-legged studs challenge into Barisic's back. Yep, that's fair.

He got booked twice within a minute and then sent off for dissent in Russia last season. He needs to learn.

Or alternatively *all* the Euro refs are out to get him. :rolleyes:

You can roll your eyes, but who else consistently gets booked for basic shît like this?

His reaction is split second and not continuous, it's not really excessive, he doesn't approach or crowd the referee, he hadn't been doing it persistently.

bookedforthatffs.gif

It's too easy to resort to 'he's always petulant' or 'he shouldn't give the ref the opportunity' but each match should be refereed in isolation – a referee shouldn't be more prone to booking him because he's moany in other games which seem to be what's happening.

Contrast the reaction to Alfie showing frustration,to the reaction to “broonie”and co screaming for everything and chasing refs all over the park to get decisions.
Commentators and press put it down to “broonies“ passion drive and will to win for his team.
Alfie doers the same,and gets slagged for petulance lack of control,moodiness bad temperament.
Some of our own supporters have bought into that narrative.
Alfie is ours and should get all the backing and support we can give him,the same goes for the rest of the team.
Some on the match thread were a disgrace last night,I just hope they feel as stupid today as they looked last night for some of the sh@t they posted about team,well before the game was even finished?

Yes. And I'll continue protesting on the Glaswegian loyal buses from Lisbon to Braga next week.
And again in Bragas stadium.
What I won't be doing though, is throwing any Rangers player under the bus by deciding "he probably swore at the ref in Spanish" for no other reason than to make up complete shite that never happened.
Well done superfan. What I won't do is get in a pissing competition with you. I am Alfredo's biggest fan, and was merely suggesting he may have said something in Spanish, his language, to the Spanish referee, as some sort of explanation to the baffling yellow card. Maybe he didn't. But if you read the context, maybe on the bus to Braga, you'll eventually understand. If you can't comprehend this, toddle on back over to Kerrydale St.

it was the swing of the arm towards the ref that got him. The ref's not going to know what he said from 20 yards away but when you direct dissent at the referee then it's a yellow card. There were several other decisions that went against him after the yellow card and he didn't react. Got up and got on with it like a grown up.

why does it take a yellow card and a suspension before he keeps his trap shut?

we can blame his reputation all we want but if Goldson committed a foul, got up and then screamed at the ref swinging his arm in the ref's direction then he'd be booked too.

I just wish someone would show Alfie how to chip a baw......
The book on him......
"He always shoots low + hard for the corners"
So opposing keepers are making themselves big + getting down....
Imo he'd have at least another 4 goals if he patiently waited for the keeper to get down...
Plenty of goals go through the keepers legs, I'm sure McGregor's one on one was a great save and not classes as a miss because the boy never chipped it?
Their keeper was great

he was miles away from the ref, not in his face, Ref couldve turned his back and walked away.

he could have walked away but why should he? The referee isn't there to be shouted at by Alfredo in any language.

Plenty players get booked for dissent. This isn't a new rule. You're 1 yellow card away from a suspension, you don't get up and shout at the referee after giving away a soft free kick on the edge of the opposition's penalty area.

The referee got pretty much nothing correct all night but for the sake of a soft foul 800 mile away from McGregor's goal, just shut the fvck up and get on with it ffs.

Call me biased, but I have a bit of an issue with both of these warranting the same punishment.

andbookedforthisffs.gif

bookedforthatffs.gif

I agree, Braga player should've been sent off, no doubt about that.

Doesn't make Alfie's any less of a booking though. I have a 5 year old that learns quicker than him mate. Another massive game he's missing. That last night was just complete petulance and stupid in the extreme. A little surprised at so many focusing on what he said. It's the gesture that's done him imo, I doubt the ref even heard him.

I agree, Braga player should've been sent off, no doubt about that.

Doesn't make Alfie's any less of a booking though. I have a 5 year old that learns quicker than him mate. Another massive game he's missing. That last night was just complete petulance and stupid in the extreme. A little surprised at so many focusing on what he said. It's the gesture that's done him imo, I doubt the ref even heard him.

Got to disagree – you need to ignore the fact that it’s Morelos when assessing it, if that’s Davis/Barisic they don't get booked for that.

This is the Spanish Clancy. I saw him in the Betis v Barca game 2 weeks ago. He booked 10 and sent off 2. He failed to give a stonewall penalty to Barca after Messi was hauled back in the box. He did not take it to VAR either. He was dropped by the Spanish FA for next round of games.

But but but it was Morelos fault.

Also, I'm sure someone more technical minded could put together a compilation of players doing that in every single match we've played this season without being booked. In the same way he got slated for his second yellow against Motherwell and within 5 minutes there was a compilation of players doing it unpunished on three separate occasions in the previous few weeks.

Nah, not having it. It was the kind of thing you see going unpunished every single match. Infact, you seen a few other players dishing out the same without a yellow card being given.
I’ve seen plenty of players get booked for similar over the years.

No. I’m not cutting him any slack and neither should you. He should know better by now, simple as that.

He’s too important to us to continually miss games. It’s getting beyond a joke now.

Did Katic get booked for his dissent after the foul on the touchline? No, he never. So why did Morelos? Because he was very unfortunate.

I’ve seen plenty of players get booked for similar over the years.

As I've said in another post and has been said by another poster - why didn't Katic get booked if that's a yellow card?

You might have seen players get booked for it, but you sure as hell get away with it more often than not.

Your never going to get away with yelling at the ref like that unfortunately how many times must he be told about controlling the aggression?

Then why did Katic not get booked?

It's funny, all those saying how it was a clear yellow card are unable to say why Katic never got booked when his reaction towards the ref was much worse.

As I've said in another post and has been said by another poster - why didn't Katic get booked if that's a yellow card?

You might have seen players get booked for it, but you sure as hell get away with it more often than not.
I’ve not seen what katic done you got a clip?

I’ve not seen what katic done you got a clip?

Not sure if it's covered in a highlights package. He broke down the wing, Braga defender throw himself down and won a foul. Katic threw his arms out, screamed and reacted angrily towards the ref.

You can roll your eyes, but who else consistently gets booked for basic shît like this?

His reaction is split second and not continuous, it's not really excessive, he doesn't approach or crowd the referee, he hadn't been doing it persistently.

bookedforthatffs.gif

It's too easy to resort to 'he's always petulant' or 'he shouldn't give the ref the opportunity' but each match should be refereed in isolation – a referee shouldn't be more prone to booking him because he's moany in other games which seem to be what's happening.

I listened to Mike Dean on the Peter Crouch podcast (I was going to start a thread on it), and found some of his insight fascinating.
He said that as a refereeing team, they would sit tje night before and go through matches involving the teams they were about to officiate to get a feel for the players. How they behaved. Who was diving.

I honestly think Morelos is the victim of a massive smear campaign, instigated by our corrupt officials and the corrupt media.

In no league in the world is that a booking.

If Ronaldo reacts like that he isnt getting booked

If any player in any league reacts in frustration it isnt a yellow.

I feel for him at times. Its almost bullying which sounds absolutely pathetic even typing

Didn’t it happen with Morelos last year vs UFA and this is before he got the bad reputation and all the reds.
ridiculous 2nd yellow that time. Kinda proves the point he is held to a different level to others.

Got to disagree – you need to ignore the fact that it’s Morelos when assessing it, if that’s Davis/Barisic they don't get booked for that.

Us continually saying 'aye but it's no' fair' won't stop him being suspended mate. If you dont think Alfie needs to change anything, what is it you think we should do, out of interest?

Us continually saying 'aye but it's no' fair' won't stop him being suspended mate. If you dont think Alfie needs to change anything, what is it you think we should do, out of interest?

You've got me wrong, I'm not saying he doesn't need to change but there's no denying referees are much quicker to draw cards with Morelos than most other players. I don't know what referee's do pre-match, but it makes me wonder if referees are given a note beforehand on players to keep an eye on.

Saying it's not fair doesn't mean Alfie does nothing wrong but that applies both ways – saying Morelos needs to change doesn't mean he isn't getting unfair treatment.

I listened to Mike Dean on the Peter Crouch podcast (I was going to start a thread on it), and found some of his insight fascinating.
He said that as a refereeing team, they would sit tje night before and go through matches involving the teams they were about to officiate to get a feel for the players. How they behaved. Who was diving.

I honestly think Morelos is the victim of a massive smear campaign, instigated by our corrupt officials and the corrupt media.

In no league in the world is that a booking.

If Ronaldo reacts like that he isnt getting booked

If any player in any league reacts in frustration it isnt a yellow.

I feel for him at times. Its almost bullying which sounds absolutely pathetic even typing

I'm not surprised referees review individuals before matches and it could explain a lot of it.

I don't think referees in Europe are cheating or out to get us but I do think it's clear that there are some refs even in the Europa who are uncharacteristically harsh with their handling of Morelos when it comes to cards.

Latest posts

Back