Alfies yellow card.

His snarling face didn't help him. Some refs punish players' more for their attitude than what they say. The Spanish ref last night was proof of that.

You can roll your eyes, but who else consistently gets booked for basic shît like this?

His reaction is split second and not continuous, it's not really excessive, he doesn't approach or crowd the referee, he hadn't been doing it persistently.

bookedforthatffs.gif

It's too easy to resort to 'he's always petulant' or 'he shouldn't give the ref the opportunity' but each match should be refereed in isolation – a referee shouldn't be more prone to booking him because he's moany in other games which seem to be what's happening.

As someone else said, countless stonewall penalties denied this season, two perfect goals chopped off in two weeks, then you look at the end of the game last night when he was clattered on the goal line and didn’t get a free kick; it’s no wonder the guy gets unbelievably frustrated, how the hell could he not?

You've got me wrong, I'm not saying he doesn't need to change but there's no denying referees are much quicker to draw cards with Morelos than most other players. I don't know what referee's do pre-match, but it makes me wonder if referees are given a note beforehand on players to keep an eye on.

Saying it's not fair doesn't mean Alfie does nothing wrong but that applies both ways – saying Morelos needs to change doesn't mean he isn't getting unfair treatment.

I agree completely, he's refereed to a different standard, it's not even up for debate mate. What does it achieve us continually saying this though? If I know this, you know this and everyone else on here knows this surely he does too?

His reaction last night is a bookable offence. Others not being done for it, whilst annoying, is completely irrelevant I'm afraid and wont stop him being booked for similar in future. Him not getting involved might though, no?

Alfie is of indigenous stock from Columbia. The ref was of European stock from Spain. The OP will tell you there is quite a bit of racism goes on in Latin America from those of European descent towards those of Indian/Maya/Aztec stock. Even in Mexico those of European blood tend to be the ruling class.
I have the feeling the prik with the whistle didn’t like a lower caste getting “uppity” with him.

Looked to me like Alfie’s reputation has preceded him and the ref thought he’d show him who’s boss.

It was a ridiculously harsh decision from a very poor official.

I agree completely, he's refereed to a different standard, it's not even up for debate mate. What does it achieve us continually saying this though? If I know this, you know this and everyone else on here knows this surely he does too?

His reaction last night is a bookable offence. Others not being done for it, whilst annoying, is completely irrelevant I'm afraid and wont stop him being booked for similar in future. Him not getting involved might though, no?

While I understand what you're saying, a player being refereed to a different standard is cheating and it should be discussed. The same as us getting cheated by refs most weeks should be discussed.

Looked to me like Alfie’s reputation has preceded him and the ref thought he’d show him who’s boss.

It was a ridiculously harsh decision from a very poor official.

Yeah while we’re at it, can we all agree that the referee was absolutely pathetic in general? An SPL standard ref taking charge in the Europa League. Pitiful, couldn’t even spot something as simple as a clear throw in.

Yeah while we’re at it, can we all agree that the referee was absolutely pathetic in general? An SPL standard ref taking charge in the Europa League. Pitiful, couldn’t even spot something as simple as a clear throw in.

Refs have been diabolical all through this competition.

He was booked for saying “no foul”

Many players tonight, including Rangers players screamed at the ref shouting a lot more.
Some of the comments against Alfie in the match thread we’re quite bewildering.
Alex Rae was slating him as well
Fans have short memories.

Let’s support him on this one

The poet media have pushed this agenda for so long and now rangers fans and media (like Rae) are repeating it.

He needs to learn...bla bla bla. He got sent of for a get it up ya gesture.

The hand gestures of ‘punching the air’ don’t help his case and make it pretty easy for the referee.

Still think it was soft, but if he says/does nothing,then nothing happens and he doesn’t get booked.

Time for him to stop the petulance as again we are now going into a big game without him - this has happened too many times already.

Love the wee man to bits but he really needs to stop this type of thing.

The booking on Thursday was maybe harsh but it’s only relevant because it now results in a ban.

Buff was booked in the first two group games and I feel dis well to get through the remaining 4 group fixtures without a further card.

He’s no doubt got discipline issues but without them I doubt he’d still be a Rangers player now

Back