Alfies Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chastu

Clancy is going to look like a cheating clown if they overturn the yellow, how can he say he didn't see it when he handed out the yellow card, going to be interesting see how they spin this.

I was under the opinion a referee has to be 100% sure to book a player for diving, that he has to be in no doubt whatsoever.

Morelos deserved his booking at pittodrie, but Clancy got it badly wrong on tuesday

I was under the opinion a referee has to be 100% sure to book a player for diving, that he has to be in no doubt whatsoever.

Morelos deserved his booking at pittodrie, but Clancy got it badly wrong on tuesday
yes he does and yet he gave him a yellow, that means he MUST have seen the incident, you cannot after the fact say you didn't or your vision was impeded somehow

Their keeper and defenders were chipping away at the ref from the off about Alfie for sod all incidents. And then when the foul occurred in the box he couldn’t get there fast enough to book Alfie..
They set out to get Alfie booked and it only took them 20 minutes to achieve it and a poor referee fell for it.

I dont really care what the opposing players do, the refs job is to be certain before he gives a card for simulation and he could not have been going by the evidence, it points to a genuine bias towards Alfie and we have seen this too much already this season, lots of takeaways from that game to me this is the biggest, yellow him early and nulify his impact

Their keeper and defenders were chipping away at the ref from the off about Alfie for sod all incidents. And then when the foul occurred in the box he couldn’t get there fast enough to book Alfie..
They set out to get Alfie booked and it only took them 20 minutes to achieve it and a poor referee fell for it.

The "foul" from McKenna afterwards was nothing in compariosn yet Clancy had zero hesitation giving us the free kick and booking McKenna. Hes just a cheat.

Clancy is going to look like a cheating clown if they overturn the yellow, how can he say he didn't see it when he handed out the yellow card, going to be interesting see how they spin this.
Clancy couldn't wait to book Alfredo as that would be job done for ensuring he missed the semi final against his own team.

Clancy couldn't wait to book Alfredo as that would be job done for ensuring he missed the semi final against his own team.
I've never been a believer in refs cheating and maybe what Clancy and some others do is not conscious cheating per sei but their unconscious bias, to me its still cheating though

Shinnie was in the refs ear all night.

Their keeper was taking an age with the goal kicks and Clany didn't notice because of Shinnie distracting him.

Infuriating!

Have the rules changed in relation to appealing cards? I thought you could only appeal a straight red. Or have the club just decided it was such an injustice that they felt the need to appeal?

Have the rules changed in relation to appealing cards? I thought you could only appeal a straight red. Or have the club just decided it was such an injustice that they felt the need to appeal?
Think if it's for simulation you can ?

Does Clancy have to look at this again and say he didnt see it or he did see it and stands by decision or does a panel look at it and make the decision as to whether it was simulation or not?

Does Clancy have to look at this again and say he didnt see it or he did see it and stands by decision or does a panel look at it and make the decision as to whether it was simulation or not?
I would think he has to state he saw the incident otherwise he cannot give a yellow for simulation, as the evidence proves he was wrong it brings into question his judgement, thats how I see it anyway.
Theres no way he can say he didnt see it as that also brings into question his reason for giving the yellow

I would think he has to state he saw the incident otherwise he cannot give a yellow for simulation, as the evidence proves he was wrong it brings into question his judgement, thats how I see it anyway.
Theres no way he can say he didnt see it as that also brings into question his reason for giving the yellow
Cheers Chastu.
Either way it looks like hes a cheat or best a shite ref.
SFA need to start coming doen on these clowns. 2 games in a row we've been done by potential game changing decisions.
Not saying it will happen to the gaffer but decisions like this can cost managers their job.

I've never been a believer in refs cheating and maybe what Clancy and some others do is not conscious cheating per sei but their unconscious bias, to me its still cheating though
me same m8 but if they are not cheating they are certainly incompetent either way they have to go

He is one of the poorest referees I have seen in my 50 plus years of watching football. He has an agenda against certain players and he lets the games develop into bitty , fractious, kicking matches because he has no control. A strong referee would have told the Aberdeen players to shut it or they were in the book he just lets them chirp away.

He is one of the poorest referees I have seen in my 50 plus years of watching football. He has an agenda against certain players and he lets the games develop into bitty , fractious, kicking matches because he has no control. A strong referee would have told the Aberdeen players to shut it or they were in the book he just lets them chirp away.

Like he did when Kent was compaining about being halfed by Ball.

He is just a cheat.

It is possible that the ref couldn't see Considine's arm from his angle but the question then has to be what the linesman was doing as he must have had a perfect view of it. If he can't see a wrestling match at 30 metres then he shouldn't be running the line.

That's what I said they are not going to hang him out to dry,thats two games in a row the Officials have made decisions that have costs us dearly,regardless of how we are playing these are all factual which have cost us dearly.

I’m sure we can in these instances for diving

It is possible that the ref couldn't see Considine's arm from his angle but the question then has to be what the linesman was doing as he must have had a perfect view of it. If he can't see a wrestling match at 30 metres then he shouldn't be running the line.
yes good point we tend to forget they are their to assist, well whoever is playing Rangers anyway:mad:

Like he did when Kent was compaining about being halfed by Ball.

He is just a cheat.
You don't get 11 fouls in a game before getting a card,also Aberdeen had 8 players booked shows what their game plan was and Clancy let them away with it from the start.

You don't get 11 fouls in a game before getting a card,also Aberdeen had 8 players booked shows what their game plan was and Clancy let them away with it from the start.
Lets be honest its the main reason Scottish football is a backwater, and the media lap it up as if Aberdoom are world beaters, the league and international standings dont lie

Lets be honest its the main reason Scottish football is a backwater, and the media lap it up as if Aberdoom are world beaters, the league and international standings dont lie
Aberdeen game plan sit and wait for a mistake from Rangers sadly we have fell for it 3 times this season, that's a worry for me that we haven't got wise to it,last season we pumped Aberdeen 3 times and got cheated in the draw its obvious they changed their tactics.

Reactions: dmg
Somebody gave a cracking explanation of this recently along the lines of referees and hesitancy.
Promised him I’d use it but, as always, can never find.

Aberdeen game plan sit and wait for a mistake from Rangers sadly we have fell for it 3 times this season, that's a worry for me that we haven't got wise to it,last season we pumped Aberdeen 3 times and got cheated in the draw its obvious they changed their tactics.
all the while kicking the s hit out of any Rangers player who looks to be threatening, thats not football

Clancy's argument will be he was the otherside and behind play so didn't see the arm go across the right handside of Morelos' body which ultimately pulled him down.

He just seen Morelos go down (and of recent Morelos has been quite theatrical in the way he goes down) and its looked like a dive to him.

That incident I don't blame Clancy, its the linesman who is 100% at fault there. He was looking right across the line at it and had a great view of the arm going across to foul Morelos. How he didn't give that deicision, or alert Clancy to this is mystifying.

To the sfa and spfl, your refs are either corrupt and bias or else your training and courses are not at the required level. So which is it?
The floor is yours.

Clancy's argument will be he was the otherside and behind play so didn't see the arm go across the right handside of Morelos' body which ultimately pulled him down.

He just seen Morelos go down (and of recent Morelos has been quite theatrical in the way he goes down) and its looked like a dive to him.

That incident I don't blame Clancy, its the linesman who is 100% at fault there. He was looking right across the line at it and had a great view of the arm going across to foul Morelos. How he didn't give that deicision, or alert Clancy to this is mystifying.

agree the linesman should have assisted, but Clancy by stating what you propose inadvertantly admits that he had an obstructed view, thats OK it happens, but you dont give a yellow for simulation without being 100% sure, I dont think he can defend that

I can’t see the SFA appeal panel rescinding the yellow

It makes Clancy look even worse and I just don’t think they will overturn it

It’s clear from the TV pictures that Considine fouls Alfie and it’s a pen and a red card as he didn’t try and play the ball

Clancy gives the decision against Rangers far too easy

He should be demoted for incompetence but he won’t

It’s clear from the TV pictures that Considine fouls Alfie and it’s a pen and a red card as he didn’t try and play the ball

so therefore your saying the SFA review team, whoever the f uck they are , are complicit in this charade, FFS mate I think you may be right and it pisses me off, s hit I'm getting into conspiracy territory need to back out slowly

I’m actually in two minds about the Pittodrie one if I’m honest. No question that Morelos, eventually, dived. However, immediately prior to doing so the Sheep defender - once again - had his arms around him. It was a penalty. The referee - once again - didn’t give it. There was a similar incident in the second half. We didn’t get our penalty then either.

That's what I said they are not going to hang him out to dry,thats two games in a row the Officials have made decisions that have costs us dearly,regardless of how we are playing these are all factual which have cost us dearly.

Both penalty incidents involving Morelos being fouled and the refs ignoring it

The demonisation of Alfredo by the greenyin mhedia has worked. Alfredo now gets refereed differently from all other players in Scotland

Even willie Miller said it wasnt a dive

His reputation proceeds him according to the BBC, whatever that means, I know what it means he is not reffed to the same standards and that just WRONG

His reputation proceeds him according to the BBC, whatever that means, I know what it means he is not reffed to the same standards and that just WRONG
From the Andy Walker school of thought if you feel contact your entitled to go down,Larsson and Sutton did it for years. The biggest diver just now is Christie for them and he is not even getting booked for it never mind being singled out like Morelos is.

Im interested to see how the scum aberdoom semi final game is refereed, could be quite enlightening

so therefore your saying the SFA review team, whoever the f uck they are , are complicit in this charade, FFS mate I think you may be right and it pisses me off, s hit I'm getting into conspiracy territory need to back out slowly
Of course they are. How else do you explain McGregor's 2 game ban. Don't forget that Arfield was sent off for less of a challenge on a keeper, than Ferguson's on McGregor (twice in that game).

Of course they are. How else do you explain McGregor's 2 game ban. Don't forget that Arfield was sent off for less of a challenge on a keeper, than Ferguson's on McGregor (twice in that game).
good point forgot about Arfield on the keeper, my recollection is it was reckless at worst, but keepers are a protected species we all know that dont we ;), anyway Fergusons challenge was just youthful exuberance

Don't forget the part the referee played in their game plan too.

And do you not think we would have done the same if the shoe was on the other foot - this is professional sport and Alfie would have been well aware he was going to be targetted from the off.

I want our club to nail these cheating cuńts; from Ian Maxwell to the fućking linesmen irrespective of whether Alfie’s appeal is upheld or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back