Alfredo “carrying a knock” - will he be fit for Dolly

Some of these replies are absolutely brilliant. Opinions dressed up as facts and claims from some about his results in fitness tests that have never been disclosed :))

The internet remains undefeated

Some of these replies are absolutely brilliant. Opinions dressed up as facts and claims from some about his results in fitness tests that have never been disclosed :))

The internet remains undefeated

The thing is though mate these are supposed Rangers fans actually making negative stuff up about one of our own players to make a point on a message board. Odd behaviour.

The thing is though mate these are supposed Rangers fans actually making negative stuff up about one of our own players to make a point on a message board. Odd behaviour.

Always the same on here

Some are never happy unless they are unhappy,or can make others unhappy unfortunately.

Others will undoubtedly be attempting to sow discord, you can see them a mile off

I know zilch about Alfredo’s future like 99% posters on here but still over 100 posts.lets just concentrate on who is training with gusto.

I think we will cash in on him this summer and he goes with my best wishes.

Hopefully for £20m and up aswell and then use some of this money to rebuild certain positions in the squad.

Doubt we'll get anyone better in at this stage so hope he stays and finds his form from the first half of last season.

It’s the old ‘carrying a knock’ routine similar to Laudrup in his last season with us. Alfie obviously going and wrapped up so he doesn’t get injured for his new club

If he’s away, we better sign a striker in the next 7 day’s.

We can’t be going into the season with 37 year old Defoe as the main man - that’s disaster waiting to happen.

English transfer window doesn’t open until near end of July if that’s is market we are looking at

If he does make it for the sheep game, I would bet that he will be the first red card of the season.
I believe that was simply a One-v-One with McKenna (and outcome was a draw considering Alfie got the last 'dig' / showed that he won't cower from anyone playing unfairly) - don't think it's institutionalised sheep v the buff!

Last edited:
Not really mate, he is always dead last in fitness tests during pre season
can confirm this is bullshit.

The most unfit in our squad was Jon Flanagan. When Gerard came in he started a fat club - which admittedly, Alfie was on however left it swiftly. He’s far from the unfittest in the squad and I can say that with no reservations.

Last edited:
I know someone on the fitness team and can confirm this is bullshit.

The most unfit in our squad was Jon Flanagan. When Gerard came in he started a fat club - which admittedly, Alfie was on however left it swiftly. He’s far from the unfittest in the squad and I can say that with no reservations.
Interesting post.

I can only go on what I actually see on matchdays, but for me, Morelos has always looked fit and strong (very strong in fact) in a Rangers shirt.

Interesting post.

I can only go on what I actually see on matchdays, but for me, Morelos has always looked fit and strong (very strong in fact) in a Rangers shirt.
He is. Do not let the experts of FF get in the way of what you can see with your own eyes.

They moan when papers or pundits have a dig, then log on and post this nonsense about Alfie being tubby, probably with a straight face too.

Skip to 5.30 to see the unfittest player in the squad run the length of the pitch in the 93rd minute and score.

In fact, enjoy your night, watch the full thing.

Some posters should be ashamed of themselves for posting fabricated nonsense on this thread about Alfie’s fitness / attitude given he played and scored today.
I said from the start it was nonsense and posters were spreading it for one reason only. A reason to moan at the player.

Overweight but not what was getting spread about here. He’s put on a little extra and there are a few who have.

Some people looking like doughnuts tonight.

Well he carried the team most of last year so he has experience. He has to be fit please!!! Defoe can't play up top himself up there. We need to bring in signings ASAP we're fucked if we don't.

Crazy to see a well-respected poster give it the 7kg overweight stuff, too. No wonder the media see him as an easy target at times.

Carrying a knock was a nice way of saying he came back heavy again and wants away. His attitude has been poor too apparently.

Heard this too, came back overweight. He was already struggling for form before the lockdown. I don't have much hope in him hitting the highs of lthe first half of last season.

Carrying a knock was a nice way of saying he came back heavy again and wants away. His attitude has been poor too apparently.
Boooooooooriiiiiing. Change the record ffs. This shites been said since the first window he was our player. Read the athletic article about him. He’s been considered “heavy” since he was a teenager yet he’s also the best player in our league. We were told he was a grumpy miserable prick who hates his job, then went on to score 4 goals in 3 games and become top scorer and break records to get us to the next round of european football.

We'll have an infinitely better chance of winning the league with an in form morelos so today is a good sign.

Crazy to see a well-respected poster give it the 7kg overweight stuff, too. No wonder the media see him as an easy target at times.
The Scottish Media will be desperate to try to have any residual anger at Alfie carry on from last season while trying to punt Ajer etc for stupid money

If you have me the option of strengthening midfield and right wing plus keeping Alfie for 1 more season I’d bite your hand off.

Was thinking that the old firm game being later plays into the refs hands though if him being suspended through accumulating yellows.

It’s obviously only a bounce game, and still 3 weeks before the start of the season but I thought he looked fine.
I wasn’t even expecting him to play after reports he was training on his own programme so it’s good to see him.

There’s no doubt whatsoever he came back In January overweight and was terrible, but this is certainly a good start, a fit and motivated Alfie absolutely destroys this league.

Heard this too, came back overweight. He was already struggling for form before the lockdown. I don't have much hope in him hitting the highs of lthe first half of last season.
This is peddled about like he was the only player who was poor before lockdown. I can’t name a single player who wasn’t terrible domestically between January and before lockdown.

Back