Alfredo and wee Lucas

I fucking love him. Was raging at him after Parkhead last season but all is forgiven.

I was thinking Alfredo lost his wee sister so he probably really empathises with wee kids who are unwell . He always seems to be so kind to our young fans .

How tough is it going to have to say goodbye to Alfredo in the summer? I will be absolutely in pieces, I cannot remember any other player having this effect. For older bears than me it’s got to be Gascoigne material if he wins us the league cup?

Not seen him doing this before obviously but he is consistently unusually great with the mascots. At the team lineups he often goes out the line up to make sure the mascot is in the right place or give him a cuddle before running off to take position. It’s why it always pisses me off with the narrative that he’s huffy or inconsiderate. He always comes over as a genuinely nice guy for those actually watching him.

Well done Alfredo, brilliant.

My brother in laws nephew was in Yorkhill when Rangers staff visited last year, he said every single kid swarmed round Alfie, not Steven Gerrard one of the most iconic football people ever, just Morelos, he’s the new generation of fans first hero.
A lot of younger kids wont know about Gerrard the way older people do tbf.
When I was 6 i'd have been all over mcCoist and cooper etc before sounness if I was in that position.

EKuQOxJWkAIZtRu.jpg
This has got me. What a guy, only 23yo and he’s doing stuff like this without batting an eye. Only in a place like Scotland could a talent like this be hounded by the media as much as he is, but this photo shows he’s human like the rest of us. Will forever be a legend at Rangers imo.

Don't think you can underestimate Defoe's influence on Alfredo. He has improved since last season whilst curbing his petulant behavior.
Have to admit I was never a fan of Defoe in the early days. Bit of an attitude and giving it the big I am, but after how he was supporting the wee boy Bradley, I have the utmost respect for him. If his actions and maturity are rubbing off on some of our younger players and Alfie especially then it shows what a great team of gentlemen we have playing for us. RESPECT!!!

How tough is it going to have to say goodbye to Alfredo in the summer? I will be absolutely in pieces, I cannot remember any other player having this effect. For older bears than me it’s got to be Gascoigne material if he wins us the league cup?

Gascoigne was done when he left. Utterly done. Alfie's just getting started.

Hothead. Liability. Aye right....

I am sure this really caring gesture will get suitable coverage from our balanced media.

I have to admit there appeared to be some grit flying around my living room yesterday afternoon just as Alfie and wee Lucas were walking onto the pitch. What a shame it would be if we couldn’t send Alfie on his way with a winners medal or two. Absolute class act.

Their was a cracking interview at half time with Defoe on rtv and he said during the interview that alfies English has come on really well this year as he’s adapted to not having Candeias around as he was acting as his interpreter.

Back