Alfredo called up

When you think about it, Doncaster has had a disaster again. Rescheduling the SPL's flagship fixture on an international week. Most leagues would give him his jotters
Why isn’t the game next Wednesday (second game like it was supposed to be) Doncaster should be sacked for arranging the game on an international date but he will get away with it as usual

With 40m on the line, and given the fixtures got moved to suit celtic in the first place, it would be dereliction of duty from the board not to request a postponement if either sands or roofe get called up and it gives us 3.
When's the cl money going up to 45 mill. It started at 30, 35 and now 40.

So they look to be missing

Kyogo (injured)
Turnbull (injured)
Vickers (USA)
Rogic (Aus)

Potentially any of the rest of the Japanese contingent. That’s 4 guaranteed starters.

I’d say their replacements for they 4 aren’t as good as the replacements we have for Morelos and Aribo. Obviously they two are huge for us, but I’m confident we’ll get through it.
Has Carter-Vickers been called up? Or was this potentially missing?

Aah. That’s an interesting point. If CCV gets called up that’s huge. I think he’s really shored them up. He’s replaced Welsh after all! And Starfelt has been a bad signing.
Definitely, he’s their Goldson.

Everything starts with him, he’s their leader and their most consistent.

Is there not more than1 day of quarters? Even still, given travel, he would maybe make it back on the 1st. Tough ask
4 days but Nigeria because they won the group play first. That actually suited us. Yeah. Back on the 1st he could feature, maybe not start. But he is such an important player

How many times do people need told you can't just pick 1 game. It would need to be the block of 3...
Daft idea
Can you point me in the direction of the rule that says that not just one, but all consecutive matches in which 3 or more players are missing on account of international call-ups, must be the subject of a Rule G7 postponement request.

It's not part of Rule G7 as far as I can see. So where is this stipulated?

Can you point me in the direction of the rule that says that not just one, but all consecutive matches in which 3 or more players are missing on account of international call-ups, must be the subject of a Rule G7 postponement request.

It's not part of Rule G7 as far as I can see. So where is this stipulated?
Right there in bold that means any official match

Say Morelos, Aribo and Sands all away on International duty

then we can by that rule ask for the postponement of any game that covers the International period that they would be part of that matchday squad my understanding of the rule

Livingston
Ross County
Celtic

As there Internationals been played when we are due to play those games

Postponement and International Selection

G7

A Club shall be entitled to apply to the Board for the postponement of any Official Match where three or more of its Players who would otherwise have participated in such match are unavailable through international selection and, following receipt of such an application, the Board may postpone and rearrange the relevant Official Match in accordance with Rule G3

G3 Subject to Rule C42, the Board shall have discretion to schedule and to reschedule the date, time and/or venue of any Official Match as it shall consider appropriate.

C42 Other than in Season 2022/23 when the Season shall be permitted to commence on 29 July, the Season shall not in any calendar year commence prior to 31 July in that year and the Board shall not schedule the first League Match of any Season to take place prior to 31 July in any year.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 12-Jan-22 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf

Why isn’t the game next Wednesday (second game like it was supposed to be) Doncaster should be sacked for arranging the game on an international date but he will get away with it as usual
Further ineptitude! The biggest game of the season so far, the biggest game in Scottish football, one of the biggest draws in British football, a game sold round the globe to million’s. The corporate sponsorship and marketing opportunities are off the Richter scale. Showcase Morelos, showcase Furahashi, Rogic, Sands, Aribo to huge intrigue in Colombia, Japan, Oz, USA and Nigeria

Nah tell you what ... says Doncaster, not only will I bow down to the beggars and pick out pieces of pig eyed petes foreskin from my teeth by cancelling the Jan 2nd game but I’ll rearrange it during the International calendar

Speccy lady's front bottom

Whatever happens with players getting called up, asking for the games to be postponed is not the right move for us. Allowing Celtic to go top with us having to play games in hand to catch up is not a better scenario than going to the Piggery with a few players missing.

We can’t unless Roofe also gets called up to make 3 and let’s be honest it would be rejected anyway .
At least it would set a precedent though and we would know no one else can take advantage, squarehead would get ridiculed if he said there was no room for postponements, what if we had an icebox fortnight all games postponed ?

That’s fantasy land nonsense mate. 40m on this season. Chance to break the wheel and become the dominant side financially and stabilise the club. On what planet should we happily weaken our chances of that because of ‘no fear’.
This stuff upper lip take the high road approach is how the tims get what they want all the time.

Dignified silence gets us nowhere
We absolutely should be if we get 3 call ups.
Cowards, the lot of ye :))

Psychologically, it would be better to insist we play it rather than give the impression we are running scared. Also, what would it say to our squad players that basically we don’t just trust you to come in and do a job? If they can’t step in for a big game then what’s the point of them being here?

We still need to play them twice after this game, and I still expect both us and them to drop points to other teams along the way. We have also played against stronger versions of them in years gone past, with worse players, and won.

Davis/Lundstram-Kamara-Arfield

Kent-Itten-Hagi

Getting the fire in their bellies for every game would appear to be the biggest battle. Our squad did not become crap overnight on the strength of one bad game. Prior to last night everybody was saying what a good job Gio had done, and hopefully last night was a kick up the arse for the rest of the season.

What do I know though. Got the same sort of replies several weeks ago when I said Bassey would be fine covering at CH. I suppose we will see what pans out over the next few days.

I'd be happy with Sakala playing upfront against them.

Hes a bit of an unknown quantity to them, his pace could cause them all sorts of problems, then he will have Kent on the outside for support.

Probably the main reason why Itten came back but we have 2 weeks to get 2 players in and this is probably good timing for the board to get the finger out and get the deals done

Right there in bold that means any official match

Say Morelos, Aribo and Sands all away on International duty

then we can by that rule ask for the postponement of any game that covers the International period that they would be part of that matchday squad my understanding of the rule

Livingston
Ross County
Celtic

As there Internationals been played when we are due to play those games

Postponement and International Selection

G7

A Club shall be entitled to apply to the Board for the postponement of any Official Match where three or more of its Players who would otherwise have participated in such match are unavailable through international selection and, following receipt of such an application, the Board may postpone and rearrange the relevant Official Match in accordance with Rule G3

G3 Subject to Rule C42, the Board shall have discretion to schedule and to reschedule the date, time and/or venue of any Official Match as it shall consider appropriate.

C42 Other than in Season 2022/23 when the Season shall be permitted to commence on 29 July, the Season shall not in any calendar year commence prior to 31 July in that year and the Board shall not schedule the first League Match of any Season to take place prior to 31 July in any year.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 12-Jan-22 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf

"any Official Match where three or more of its Players who would otherwise have participated in such match are unavailable through international selection"

Your section in bold does not say to me that you have to ask for postponement of more than one match? "any Official Match" does not to me imply all matches in an international period.

And your next paragraph containing "we can by that rule ask for the postponement of any game" means exactly that. Any game. Could be Ross County, could be Livi, could be Celtic.

I remain unconvinced that there is a rule that says you cannot apply for a postponement of a single game without asking for postponement of all surrounding games in that international period.

"any Official Match where three or more of its Players who would otherwise have participated in such match are unavailable through international selection"

Your section in bold does not say to me that you have to ask for postponement of more than one match? "any Official Match" does not to me imply all matches in an international period.

And your next paragraph containing "we can by that rule ask for the postponement of any game" means exactly that. Any game. Could be Ross County, could be Livi, could be Celtic.

I remain unconvinced that there is a rule that says you cannot apply for a postponement of a single game without asking for postponement of all surrounding games in that international period.
But why use a rule one game and not any others affected within that period?

If you are missing 3 players use the rule and if you granted postponement then fine

We are done

Unless the board find reinforcements
When people were highlighting all this when the international break was being manipulated for Celtics benefit were you not telling us it suited us as well because we had a couple of injuries?

Not for me, Sakala through the middle with Kent 1 side and hopefully a new wide right attacker
I'm just going with what we have, of course, I'd love a few new signings in before that.
I think well bring in a few before the match

Doncaster said there’s absolutely 0 room for movement whatsoever. We would need to postpone a few games, we can’t just choose that one. It would be rejected because there’s just no space to move games according to him.

Regardless of space the rules are quite clear regarding postponements due to 3 or more international call ups.

McCoist even done so in the lower leagues I’m sure.

Regardless of space the rules are quite clear regarding postponements due to 3 or more international call ups.

McCoist even done so in the lower leagues I’m sure.
You can only request a postponement, the SPFL can refuse permission, which they certainly will.

Back