Alfredo called up

It was inevitable. I think we need to roll with it, a postponement would mean we miss 3 games so could put us massively on the back foot and in catch-up with an even more congested fixture list

The scum knew what they were doing when they bottled out of the last clash due to their extensive injury list and empty stadium. It's now clear that if the game does go ahead we are gonna be really up against it.

One things for sure. Gio cannot be seen to use the same tactics he's employed away from home. We have rode our luck with them. The scum will lap it up if we sit back and try and catch them on the counter. Especially with the amount of players we have out.

the PUBLIC song and dance we should have aired was in December, not now. The game must go on and we have only ourselves to blame for being wet hankies, now players are limited in our squad from original date, never mind form.

To say anything now is sour grapes. Thank you Mr Robertson.

the PUBLIC song and dance we should have aired was in December, not now. The game must go on and we have only ourselves to blame for being wet hankies, now players are limited in our squad from original date, never mind form.

To say anything now is sour grapes. Thank you Mr Robertson.

I agree that we are wet hankies no question we let our rivals run the game in this country

But no matter what roof top we sung from in December do you honestly think it was gojng to make a difference ?

Did he not change his mind because of public interest in the game??

I think the public interest comment was in relation to them being allowed back into the country without 10 days quarantine. The border controls there have been overly strict since the pandemic began.

My wife is Japanese and she's not been able to go back to see her parents for nearly two years (without an unreasonable amount of time in quarantine). This also means I've not been able to meet the in-laws, so every cloud and all that.

• Haha
Reactions: VGM
Let’s be honest. If we go up against them without Morelos, Aribo and still have players out we are fucked.

Exactly the plan they wanted when they got the 3 week break.

I agree that we are wet hankies no question we let our rivals run the game in this country

But no matter what roof top we sung from in December do you honestly think it was gojng to make a difference ?

Yes of course it does!!! By going public in December we put over our concerns. And now today we repeat what we aired. To now put out a public opinion would be laughed at as sour grapes. And if our club does it would just add to the laughing I can hear already.

FFS We have just upgraded the remit of a Belfast Councillor in our board room. Is he being under mind by our wet hankie managing director? If not why has he not been using his political background in this game of chess? Because as far as I am concerned Stewart Robertson is out after 2 moves. A bloody fool.

Got what they wanted as usual.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Bassey Borna
Kamara Davis
Sakala Arfield Kent
Itten

Still enough to do them.

Got what they wanted as usual.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Bassey Borna
Kamara Davis
Sakala Arfield Kent
Itten

Still enough to do them.

Alfie missing takes away a major part of our game, of that there is no doubt. I would be looking to try alternatives asap.

Its not bravado in the slightest. Unlike a lot on here I have zero fear about playing them. They are ridiculously talked up but are very, very average.

Aberdeen are garbage and we made them look a decent side on Tuesday night. We need as close to our best team as possible for this game so if we are able to request a postponement it would be daft not to do it.

We should be demanding the game is postponed.

What’s good for the cheats and all that…
Without doubt.
Aberdeen are garbage and we made them look a decent side on Tuesday night. We need as close to our best team as possible for this game so if we are able to request a postponement it would be daft not to do it.
No way should we accept having to play this game with such important players missing, players who would have made the original date. Thats the crucial point. We are being handicapped because of a postponement that was not of our choosing.
Doncasters statement that there could be no further postponements was made with regards to crowds being allowed in, i.e the games would go ahead with or without crowds after th 17th. There is no way he could say there will be no postponed games whatsoever, after all he cant control the weather ffs.
There has never been a request of this kind rejected before, the club need to stress this strongly and if its rejected express as strongly as possible exactly the unfairness of the situation which could even from the outside looking in look like bias.
It could turn out to be not as bad as it looks just now if Rogic and the japanese boy are also out, probably like for like with Aribo and Morelos but thats not the point. If the club feel in any way we are being disadvantaged we need to play the same sneaky game as they do and use any rule we can to even things up.

It was inevitable. I think we need to roll with it, a postponement would mean we miss 3 games so could put us massively on the back foot and in catch-up with an even more congested fixture list

As defeatist as this sounds, their fixture congestion will likely be worse than ours by the time March/April comes around. They are more likely to get through a few more rounds in Europe than us.

Gio should be on the phone to the Colombia manager asking him if he has any intention of using Alfie at all. They have a huge squad and he barley seen any minutes at the COPA America. Might actually suit Colombia to have him playing in the OF game rather than sitting on the bench doing nothing. They have a 28 man squad for two matches FFS.

Gio should be on the phone to the Colombia manager asking him if he has any intention of using Alfie at all. They have a huge squad and he barley seen any minutes at the COPA America. Might actually suit Colombia to have him playing in the OF game rather than sitting on the bench doing nothing. They have a 28 man squad for two matches FFS.

Was hoping something like this would happen myself. Even go and join up, be in the group for first game against Peru and then be released early. Tbh i still think we have a chance of seeing Alfredo start at parkhead.

Absolutely.

Alfie might be happy he gets called up but if he's not gonna be used then what's the point.

By the looks of it, both teams could be severely depleted. Them missing the Japanese contingent, plus vickers and rogic. Us missing Alfie, hopefully Gio could have a word given they’ve got a 28 man squad for two games and maybe sands is missing. They could be far worse off than us come the old firm game.

What a mess this is. The Old Firm is Scottish football's hero product yet both teams could be going into it without their best and most exciting players. Great look for our game.

The scum knew what they were doing when they bottled out of the last clash due to their extensive injury list and empty stadium. It's now clear that if the game does go ahead we are gonna be really up against it.

One things for sure. Gio cannot be seen to use the same tactics he's employed away from home. We have rode our luck with them. The scum will lap it up if we sit back and try and catch them on the counter. Especially with the amount of players we have out.

Yep, we couldn't even beat Aberdeen's press so would be surprised if we managed to play through theirs.

Absolutely.

Alfie might be happy he gets called up but if he's not gonna be used then what's the point.

No harm in picking up the phone and speaking to him see what his thoughts are? He obviously thinks Alfie is potentially going to be involved going forward but right now there are a few guys ahead of him. It might actually suit to have him playing 90 mins on a high profile game rather than sitting on the bench and not being used. Going by the last time he was in the squad he must of been about 5th or 6th choice.

Colombia are missing their main striker, who is a similar style or striker to Alfie - this is probably the best chance he’ll get to improve their new(ish) manager.

Only 4 strikers in the squad as well, two at a good level and a 627384 year old Falcao - I think he’ll be getting minutes.

As much as it's good news for Morelos to be back in the frame, it's shit timing for us. Even more annoying that the chances are he'll be flying halfway across the world to sit on the bench for a couple of games. Pointless.

Strange that everywhere except Europe has an international break at that time. Any particular reason for that?

Strange that everywhere except Europe has an international break at that time. Any particular reason for that?
Most of the major Leagues in Europe are taking a break for that international week, including the EPL. Scotland chose not to, presumably because of our very own, ever-moving, Winter break.

What a mess this is. The Old Firm is Scottish football's hero product yet both teams could be going into it without their best and most exciting players. Great look for our game.
The good of Scottish football was the last thing on the bed of the people who made sure the game would be played later.

As defeatist as this sounds, their fixture congestion will likely be worse than ours by the time March/April comes around. They are more likely to get through a few more rounds in Europe than us.
With 30m at stake for the league they will field a second string or players needing match fitness.

Back