Alfredo has only started 19 games this season and has 22 goals

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
19 starts, 7 appearances off the bench. 22 goals.
The last time he started a game and didn't score was at Livingston on 25th September. Since then he has started 8 games, scored in them all, 6 singles and 2 doubles. That run includes 2 away Europa League games at venues that hosted Champions League group stage football last season and 1 home Europa game. It's the kind of scoring run only Negri and McCoist have done in the last 30 years for Rangers. Neither of them were 23 years old at the time.

I don't give two hoots on artificial debates on who is the best striker in Scotland. The numbers tell you all you need to know.

We better enjoy this season because Fredo is head n shoulders above the Scottish league the wee man deserves a crack at the EPL hopefully we can secure £25-£30 million pounds when he does leave

That's very impressive. Soon as he nets a hat trick against the fifth that's another 5 mil.

We are going to get a frightening bid for him sooner or later, lets hope its later as they will be forming a queue and a long one at that

19 starts, 7 appearances off the bench. 22 goals.
The last time he started a game and didn't score was at Livingston on 25th September. Since then he has started 8 games, scored in them all, 6 singles and 2 doubles. That run includes 2 away Europa League games at venues that hosted Champions League group stage football last season and 1 home Europa game. It's the kind of scoring run only Negri and McCoist have done in the last 30 years for Rangers. Neither of them were 23 years old at the time.

I don't give two hoots on artificial debates on who is the best striker in Scotland. The numbers tell you all you need to know.

If he hadn't been substituted in 5 of those 8 games, he would have scored even more.

and doesn't even take the pens as negri did

the wee man's energy is all going into work rate and goals

fast turning into a phenomenon

comparison with the 9M donkey across the city?

at this rate Morelos could end up with north of 40 goals this season -if he remains injury free. In that event he will almost certainly be the subject of intense interest from the EPL next summer, with the only question being how much will be get for him.

However, to get top dollar, Morelos will have to demonstrate that he can score against quality non-SPL opposition, so if Rangers can reach the play-off stages of the Europa Cup and then advance even further, with Morelos scoring along the way, then it's not unreasonable to surmise that the bidding for his services would START at circa 30 mil. and go up from there.

However, to get top dollar, Morelos will have to demonstrate that he can score against quality non-SPL opposition, so if Rangers can reach the play-off stages of the Europa Cup and then advance even further, with Morelos scoring along the way, then it's not unreasonable to surmise that the bidding for his services would START at circa 30 mil. and go up from there.

Errrrr, hasn’t he done that? Very recently too

at this rate Morelos could end up with north of 40 goals this season -if he remains injury free. In that event he will almost certainly be the subject of intense interest from the EPL next summer, with the only question being how much will be get for him.

Legia, YB and Porto?

I think the most impressive thing this season is the improvement in his link up play and how he is helping others to score goals.

He played a pass cross field from the left hand side of the pitch I think it was To Tav who was around the right hand side of the box straight to his feet.

There’s not many midfielders in this league could have played that pass.

He’s tremendous.

It has been said hundreds of times, but if a centre forward playing with THEM ,had those stats, the media would be salivating, I was listening to both SSB and Sportsound yesterday after the game, is it me or do the respect they give Alfie is grudgingly?.

That phanny Dalzeil was salivating over Pingpong or whatever the phuck his name is, but his comments on our players comes across to me if they grudgingly, maybe I'm paranoid but it comes across to me it is?
Alfie will go I'm a 100% sure of that, so lets enjoy him, because if he gets any where near what he does up here when he moves he will get the plaudit's he should have got up here

I can genuinely see Morelos going onto massive things in the game. But I can also see him being interviewed in 20 years time when his career is done and saying his favourite time was with us.

Very cliche but enjoy every second he's with us.

Drink it in and bask in the ambience of the wee mans greatness.

What the stats don't tell is all his work when he's not scoring -

I honestly can't think of many who are more difficult to get the ball off - the way he shields the ball & slips past opposition defenders, free's up space for team mates & provides assists - isn't captured in these figures

These qualities will be sought after quite apart from the goals
He really is an all round class, quality & top drawer act imo

He played a pass cross field from the left hand side of the pitch I think it was To Tav who was around the right hand side of the box straight to his feet.

There’s not many midfielders in this league could have played that pass.

He’s tremendous.
He never gets enough praise for his all-round football ability outside of the box.
He is simply a very good 'game aware' football player.
If he ever drops deeper as he gets into his thirties he will easily be able to play midfield.

Morelos is more a player for the team this year than last year, he looks like he has more trust in his teammates than last year, instead of the frustration of having to do everything by himself he is more at ease and is linking up play far better. And his temperament is also better with less frustration having better teammates around him.

He's also only got the full 90 mins in 8 matches. Incredible goal return.

And to think there are still areas of his game he can work on to improve. Frightening.

If Morelos broke into my house and asked to shag my wife I would send him straight up the stairs while I went to the fridge to fetch him a nice cold beer.

I think 11/4 on Wully Hulls as the outright top SPL goalscorer is decent bet - I got him at 4s last week.

Back