Alfredo, "I am very happy at Rangers"

ItsInTheNet

Alfredo Morelos has suggested he's in no hurry to depart Ibrox.

The Colombian striker, eternally among the transfer gossip, has insisted he and his young family are well settled in Glasgow.

"I'm very happy at Rangers," he told Sky Sports.

"I was named Player of the Month in December, I've been scoring goals and I feel good physically. I'm just thinking about scoring more goals and God will decide what happens in the future.

"I'll keep working hard and fighting. I'm also in the Colombia squad now, so I hope to stay there - we'll see how it goes. I hope it all goes as well as possible. Right now I'm fully focused on Rangers.

"I feel very happy in Glasgow, as do my family. My daughter is really settled here, I feel very pleased. Rangers really welcomed me when I joined, as did the fans, so I feel really happy here.

"Playing in the Champions League is a source of motivation for me. We're going to fight for that.

"My teammates and I are all very positive, that goes for the coaching staff as well. We have a lead at the moment, but we have to perform on the pitch.

"We play for all three points, which are so important, so we want to keep picking up points and stay top of the table to achieve our target which is to win the league and qualify for the Champions League if possible."

Alfie, along with all of our top talents, will have two ambitions:

1. To play in the Champions League
2. To play in the EPL

No EPL team would take Alfie, Kent, Aribo, Kamara etc. and be playing in the CL so to me it makes sense if some want to stay for one more season (providing we win the league or qualify) to have a crack at the CL

Interesting that since wee Bufalita was born they seem really settled in Glasgow and a lot of the noise about transfers died down. Although his wife seems to be doing world tours every weekend if insta is anything to go by
Questionable baby name though.

Alfie, along with all of our top talents, will have two ambitions:

1. To play in the Champions League
2. To play in the EPL

No EPL team would take Alfie, Kent, Aribo, Kamara etc. and be playing in the CL so to me it makes sense if some want to stay for one more season (providing we win the league or qualify) to have a crack at the CL
My arse.

You've misread my post, no EPL team that will take him, would also qualify for for the CL.

City, Chelsea, Spurs, United, etc won't be in for any of our players.
Im guessing hes more interested in Portugal or Spain, especially if playing here isnt helping him with Columbia.

Keep in mind hes been at Rangers 5 years come the Summer which is a long time and hes entering his prime years now. The reality is hes probably fancied a move for over a year but its just not materialised and, fortunately for us, hes not completely been difficult and tried to strop his way out the door.

He seems fitter and happier, playing better and the rest but I wouldnt read too much into the interview as the chances are hes off sooner rather than (years) later

Stay as long as you want Alfie.

Also please never change.

1201.jpg

Stay as long as you want Alf.

But not to put a downer on the thread, that means signing an extension in the summer or we need to take an offer then. (unless I am mistaken and the contract is not up 2023)
Agreed.

Love the wee man and don't want him to leave as he is not a player easy to replace for us, even with silly money.

But...

He then has to sign an extended contract and be reasonable about wages.

A season, or two fingers crossed, with decent showings in th CL would see him entering his prime and getting a move worthy of his talents and giving us a healthy return.

Patience and a bit of long term thinking / investment could do both parties the world of good in this instance.

Agreed.

Love the wee man and don't want him to leave as he is not a player easy to replace for us, even with silly money.

But...

He then has to sign an extended contract and be reasonable about wages.

A season, or two fingers crossed, with decent showings in th CL would see him entering his prime and getting a move worthy of his talents and giving us a healthy return.

Patience and a bit of long term thinking / investment could do both parties the world of good in this instance.

Agree.

I love him too, but we just CANNOT let him walk out the door for free.

Hopefully he gets some game time for colombia and does well. Get the feeling that might play a big part on whether he extends his stay

Im guessing hes more interested in Portugal or Spain, especially if playing here isnt helping him with Columbia.

Keep in mind hes been at Rangers 5 years come the Summer which is a long time and hes entering his prime years now. The reality is hes probably fancied a move for over a year but its just not materialised and, fortunately for us, hes not completely been difficult and tried to strop his way out the door.

He seems fitter and happier, playing better and the rest but I wouldnt read too much into the interview as the chances are hes off sooner rather than (years) later
He has said many times he wants to play in EPL

Hope the rumours about him verbally agreeing a contract are true. The only way we can become competitive at the Champions League group stage level, is to retain our best players, and invest in better elsewhere. Id love Alfie, Tav, Kent, Aribo, Goldson and Kamara to be the core of a team for another 2/3. I think with the right investment that team could get to the group stages consistently.

I understand we will need to be realistic about bids for those players, but being competitive at the top level means we can deal on our terms.

Interesting that since wee Bufalita was born they seem really settled in Glasgow and a lot of the noise about transfers died down. Although his wife seems to be doing world tours every weekend if insta is anything to go by
Some of the comments were terrible around the time of her birth. A young man, miles away from home, not fluent in the language, just had a daughter. It was absolutely no surprise his form dipped and his head looked away some times. He's a human being after all and these things will always affect players.

There was a lot of what he actually said missed by the subtitles and translation!!

What he actually said was %^*& Terry Munro, 55 was the ultimate, 56 will end the filth scum!! Champions league here I come!! :rolleyes: :shh:

We love you alfie

I hope he stays with us for his career and becomes a legend in the vein of super ally. I feel like it would be extremely poetic given he's the first proper rangers hero our fans have had to look up to in so long and with everything we've been through he's been the one driving us back at the top.

whats he’s saying is he would like another bumper contract with a wage Tories, if not he’s happy here so will run down his contact and leave in 18 months if no such offer is forthcoming. He’s telling rangers it will take a large wedge for him to move on if rangers want him to go

I wonder if he has decided to stay put , He has said to be enjoying life . So that’s good !
However
It’s been well documented that we haven’t been offered a fee the board deemed acceptable, for a transfer so has he decided to run out his contract??
Maybe he’d sign a new contract? A few discussions will be planned, no doubt.

Said it before on here that I wouldn’t be surprised if Alfie signs a new deal and is here for a while yet.

Clearly loves it here and is a fantastic player

Alfredo Morelos has suggested he's in no hurry to depart Ibrox.

The Colombian striker, eternally among the transfer gossip, has insisted he and his young family are well settled in Glasgow.

"I'm very happy at Rangers," he told Sky Sports.

"I was named Player of the Month in December, I've been scoring goals and I feel good physically. I'm just thinking about scoring more goals and God will decide what happens in the future.

"I'll keep working hard and fighting. I'm also in the Colombia squad now, so I hope to stay there - we'll see how it goes. I hope it all goes as well as possible. Right now I'm fully focused on Rangers.

"I feel very happy in Glasgow, as do my family. My daughter is really settled here, I feel very pleased. Rangers really welcomed me when I joined, as did the fans, so I feel really happy here.

"Playing in the Champions League is a source of motivation for me. We're going to fight for that.

"My teammates and I are all very positive, that goes for the coaching staff as well. We have a lead at the moment, but we have to perform on the pitch.

"We play for all three points, which are so important, so we want to keep picking up points and stay top of the table to achieve our target which is to win the league and qualify for the Champions League if possible."
I feel for him with regards to Columbia as I just feel he won't be given a fair crack of the whip in terms of being involved,which is really frustrating for us as we could do with him at this critical stage and I wish the Club would ask the Columbians if he's going to be involved and not sit on the bench,otherwise it's wasting the player's time and Rangers are down a great wee player. Surely there should be a come and go situation.

Back