Alfredo is vital: I don’t think Rangers can sell Morelos in January even for £50m, says Kris Boyd

BlueMeanie

IT’S hard to imagine Neil Lennon supporting Rangers.

But when it comes to the Europa League, there won’t be anyone more desperate to see my old club reach the last 32 than the diehard Celtic boss.

Lennon’s already taken his team through to the knockout stages. With two group games still to play, they’ve already qualified after Thursday’s sensational win over Lazio.

But on the back of that victory in Rome, he’ll now be hoping Steven Gerrard can take his men into the next round too.

For one thing, Lennon won’t want Rangers playing fewer games in February when the fixture list could have a huge bearing on how things pan out domestically.

He’ll want Rangers to have the same obstacles in front of them at a crucial stage of the season.

On top of that, there’s the Uefa coefficient rankings where there is now a very real possibility Scotland could claim two Champions League spots.

That’s massive for the Old Firm pair given the money up for grabs.

The fact is, the two results on Thursday night were brilliant for Scottish football as they boosted our game on every level.

It would have been hard to even imagine this scenario a few months ago.

You have to hand it to Rangers and Celtic because, when it comes to Europe, no one else is pulling their weight, with Aberdeen and Kilmarnock knocked out in the qualifiers.

But the two wins over Porto and Lazio had everyone sitting up and taking notice for all the right reasons.

I watched both games and there was so much to enjoy about the performances.

Celtic left it late to get their first-ever win in Italy, but it was no more than they deserved having battled back into the game from being an early goal down.

At Ibrox, that man Alfredo Morelos produced again.

He’s now so important to Rangers that I don’t think they could sell him in January even if a bid of £50million came in.

Listen, that’s not going to happen, but you cannot underplay how vital he is to Gerrard’s team.

For me, if they want to have a proper go at stopping nine in a row — which they clearly do — they couldn’t sell him at any price.

Gerrard said as much last week after the Betfred Cup semi-final win over Hearts, so I would imagine he’s got guarantees Morelos won’t be sold.

Rangers’ accounts didn’t look too clever when the figures were announced a few days ago but, at the end of the day, success comes at a price.

You also have to applaud Morelos for the way he’s changed this season and lost that immature, petulant side of his game, which was making him miss big games.

He deserved all the criticism he got for that. He was a liability.

There was no doubt he was letting his manager and his team-mates down with his constant indiscipline. Gerrard was clearly getting sick and tired of it.

But he has channelled that aggression now.

You still see him having little strops from time to time, like when he was being taken off at Ross County, and I don’t think that will ever change. It’s just who he is.

He also plays with an aggression which probably comes from his upbringing in Colombia. It’s like he feels he has to fight for everything and I understand that.

But the difference is he doesn’t overstep the mark and Gers are getting the benefit.

In terms of his finishing and goals, no one can argue with how good he is. I admire his ability to find the net as a striker.

His goal the other night against Porto came from nothing, really. It was just an instinctive shot hit early to beat the keeper.

This may surprise people, but Morelos actually reminds me of a player I used to play with at Rangers, Daniel Cousin.

He wasn’t the most prolific goalscorer during his time with us, and it was maybe only a few months all told.

Ask Walter Smith or Ally McCoist about him and they’ll probably say he was a real frustration for them because he only tended to play well when he felt like it.

But when he was on his game, he was a player.

Big Dan was as strong as they come and knew how to finish. He’s definitely someone that Morelos reminds me of.

He was at Rangers to get a move to the English Premier League and he did what he set out to do by joining Hull City.

Morelos will have the same intentions, but he’ll need to wait until next summer at least because selling him in January is simply unthinkable from a Rangers point of view.

I get why folk compare Rangers and the scum given how much attention Scottish teams are getting but I watched both games last night, Lazio were utter shite and they scraped that win by a god awful defensive mistake.

Otherwise a decent article

I get why folk compare Rangers and the scum given how much attention Scottish teams are getting but I watched both games last night, Lazio were utter shite and they scraped that win by a god awful defensive mistake.

i watched the same lazio as you. Both their goals were gifts.

Selling Morelos causes us problems. However, lets not kid on. If big offers come in our board are going to listen. How big those offers will need to be is another question.

He’s changed his tune

Also Morelos is nothing like Cousin and a far better player
Cousin was temperamental but on his game unplayable. His performance in our 4-2 win v the Tim's was a masterclass. Morelos will hopefully be "a far better player ", but a little to go yet imo.

Got to keep a hold of him in January if we have any ambitions of winning the league. If an offer comes in for silly money then I reluctantly accept he’ll be away.

Difficult one, we’re not in a position to turn down a huge offer yet we want to win the league and he’s our main striker.

Everyone on here is going on about how good he has been and rightly so. I'm afraid that speculation about his future comes with the territory,especially as hes now doing it in Europe.
The most I hear about him moving is on here with everyone going on about his worth.

Since you're all desperate to be offended WTF did he mean Alfie deserved all the abuse that he got? The Scottish media went well overboard.

Great, yet another story about Morelos and the January transfer window.

No doubt it’ll not be the last.

Mate he is quite literally one of the best young strikers in football at the moment. Its hardly a surprise that people are sitting up and taking notice.

Both Celtic's goals against Lazio came from terrible defensive mistakes. No comparison with the challenge we faced against a very good Porto side which didn't make any mistakes.

How much will it cost to sell your best player and then buy a replacement who hits the ground running in January.

You gonna have to make an offer we cant refuse

Sad when a toadie like Boyd can actually use the few brain cells he has to realise selling Morelos in January seriously deminishes our chances of silverware, that’s when you realise the IQ levels on this forum have dropped dramatically.
Gerrard has already said Morelos goes nowhere in January, if this board sell then they’re going to have one almighty riot on their hands, that is from the one’s in our support that can think for themselves and aren’t lead by the nose by everything this board does, good or bad.
Finally Alfredo Morelos’s value and the people interested in him from January till the end of the season isn’t going to deminish, if he keeps on the way he has been playing his value is only going to increase, how people can’t see this is beyond me.
This selling the jewel in our crown before we have a real chance of fecking these arrogant mentally challenged b’stards is absolute madness.

A £50m offer & he'll be gone. I don't think it's too ridiculous to think a bidding war might kick off in the Summer though. If he keeps up this kind of form then it might even kick it up to those lofty regions. He's a proven goal scorer who doesn't need it on a plate. He creates plenty for others too & can handle playing the lone striker just fine. There's plenty managers will be creaming their jeans at the thought of him partnering up with their squad in the summer.

I personally have zero interest what this man writes in a newspaper or says on the TV.

That indifferent that you had to come into the thread & make a post about it. :))

Cousin was temperamental but on his game unplayable. His performance in our 4-2 win v the Tim's was a masterclass. Morelos will hopefully be "a far better player ", but a little to go yet imo.
Morelos is far better than cousin imo. What use is a player if they only turn up once every ten games. We'd have been as well signing Kranjcar on a 5 year deal to use him on set pieces if that was the case.

The biggest gripe most on here have with Morelos is the, perceived, indisciplined performances he put in last season.
Yet, some seem to be offering Cousin as one to aspire to.
This is the same guy who was sent off in Florence for an unnecessary head butt which could have cost us a place in the final and even winning the tournament once we’d got there.

The biggest gripe most on here have with Morelos is the, perceived, indisciplined performances he put in last season.
Yet, some seem to be offering Cousin as one to aspire to.
This is the same guy who was sent off in Florence for an unnecessary head butt which could have cost us a place in the final and even winning the tournament once we’d got there.

When it comes to attitude they’re worlds apart. One selflessly works his arse off for Rangers every single time he takes to the pitch. The other turned up when it suited him and only seemed to show maximum effort in bigger games that could put him in the shop window.

So have many on here.
How many on here are getting paid as an expert to get the tune right in the first place, though?
All your post confirms is that many on here could do Boyd's job equally as well as he does. I actually think there are many on here who could do it a lot better than he does quite easily.

We will hold on to the lad till the end of the season, and take it from there, I think he will be gone after that, for how much money is any ones
guess, but if he can play to this level till the end of the season, the sky is the limit.

Kris needs to make his mind up

To be fair it does make him look like an idiot when he hits out with this after the piles of pish he has put his name to previously.

“Rangers accounts don’t look too clever” maybe to you Kris because you cannot work them out and what is actually trying to be achieved from a horrendous position, all things considered they are actually very positive.

IT’S hard to imagine Neil Lennon supporting Rangers.

But when it comes to the Europa League, there won’t be anyone more desperate to see my old club reach the last 32 than the diehard Celtic boss.

Lennon’s already taken his team through to the knockout stages. With two group games still to play, they’ve already qualified after Thursday’s sensational win over Lazio.

But on the back of that victory in Rome, he’ll now be hoping Steven Gerrard can take his men into the next round too.

For one thing, Lennon won’t want Rangers playing fewer games in February when the fixture list could have a huge bearing on how things pan out domestically.

He’ll want Rangers to have the same obstacles in front of them at a crucial stage of the season.

On top of that, there’s the Uefa coefficient rankings where there is now a very real possibility Scotland could claim two Champions League spots.

That’s massive for the Old Firm pair given the money up for grabs.

The fact is, the two results on Thursday night were brilliant for Scottish football as they boosted our game on every level.

It would have been hard to even imagine this scenario a few months ago.

You have to hand it to Rangers and Celtic because, when it comes to Europe, no one else is pulling their weight, with Aberdeen and Kilmarnock knocked out in the qualifiers.

But the two wins over Porto and Lazio had everyone sitting up and taking notice for all the right reasons.

I watched both games and there was so much to enjoy about the performances.

Celtic left it late to get their first-ever win in Italy, but it was no more than they deserved having battled back into the game from being an early goal down.

At Ibrox, that man Alfredo Morelos produced again.

He’s now so important to Rangers that I don’t think they could sell him in January even if a bid of £50million came in.

Listen, that’s not going to happen, but you cannot underplay how vital he is to Gerrard’s team.

For me, if they want to have a proper go at stopping nine in a row — which they clearly do — they couldn’t sell him at any price.

Gerrard said as much last week after the Betfred Cup semi-final win over Hearts, so I would imagine he’s got guarantees Morelos won’t be sold.

Rangers’ accounts didn’t look too clever when the figures were announced a few days ago but, at the end of the day, success comes at a price.

You also have to applaud Morelos for the way he’s changed this season and lost that immature, petulant side of his game, which was making him miss big games.

He deserved all the criticism he got for that. He was a liability.

There was no doubt he was letting his manager and his team-mates down with his constant indiscipline. Gerrard was clearly getting sick and tired of it.

But he has channelled that aggression now.

You still see him having little strops from time to time, like when he was being taken off at Ross County, and I don’t think that will ever change. It’s just who he is.

He also plays with an aggression which probably comes from his upbringing in Colombia. It’s like he feels he has to fight for everything and I understand that.

But the difference is he doesn’t overstep the mark and Gers are getting the benefit.

In terms of his finishing and goals, no one can argue with how good he is. I admire his ability to find the net as a striker.

His goal the other night against Porto came from nothing, really. It was just an instinctive shot hit early to beat the keeper.

This may surprise people, but Morelos actually reminds me of a player I used to play with at Rangers, Daniel Cousin.

He wasn’t the most prolific goalscorer during his time with us, and it was maybe only a few months all told.

Ask Walter Smith or Ally McCoist about him and they’ll probably say he was a real frustration for them because he only tended to play well when he felt like it.

But when he was on his game, he was a player.

Big Dan was as strong as they come and knew how to finish. He’s definitely someone that Morelos reminds me of.

He was at Rangers to get a move to the English Premier League and he did what he set out to do by joining Hull City.

Morelos will have the same intentions, but he’ll need to wait until next summer at least because selling him in January is simply unthinkable from a Rangers point of view.

I just said that earlier.
You been peeking into the FF forum again Kris?

Morleos is a far better player there is no doubt about that. Whilst I agree in cousin's performance at Parkhead was excellent morelos has already scored DOUBLE the amount of goals in not even half a season than Daniel cousin did in his whole rangers career.

Not the worst then spoiled by the Cousin comparison. Gibberish. Alfie plays the same every game and gives his all whereas Boyd states Cousin didn't appear to.

He’s changed his tune

Also Morelos is nothing like Cousin and a far better player
Cousin on his day was absolutely unplayable. We have had very few strikers in our history who had the pace, power and ability that Cousin had.

Unfortunately, as Boyd said he only showed it when he wanted too

The most annoying thing about it is we have ex players in the media playing up to the hyperbole that Morelos is a hothead or as recently as a few weeks ago insisting he’s only worth £6 million .

contrast that to ex Celtic players who are on message .

Back