Alfredo maybe saying he’s staying?

Some of that is understandable. But you’re still being economical with the truth and seem to be absolutely ignoring the fact that the rest of the team seem incapable of standing on their own two feet at times.

“The teams built around him”, is this really the new go to phrase for excusing the rest of them? And yeah I said he obviously has a block about OF games, doesn’t change the fact it’s pathetic to lay that loss on him when none of the rest of them stepped up and the deciding goal was a farce - surely you can see why some might view that as a witch hunt, that’s generally what happens, you ignore all the responsible parties to go after one.

By the way, if he’s not suspended, there’s every chance he picks a bad injury at some point in the season, then when it goes tits up who are you going to blame?
It doesn't excuse the rest of the players but the simple fact of the matter is that a lot of them play out of position in order to get the best from Morelos. Kent is a very good winger who's being asked to play as a 10. Hagi and Aribo are a lot better starting centrally but can't because Morelos plays better when he can occupy that space. For me, that earns them a bit of slack.

This is no longer justifiable when you evaluate Morelos as a player and as a person, he simply isn't reliable enough on or off the pitch

The manager obviously deserves criticism for building the team around him in such a way and not knowing what to do without him but that is a separate conversation entirely.

I'm not bending the truth, I'm just purposely taking my blue tinted specs off as you have to do that when discussing things like this.

Since when was other players in the team being poor a good defence of a forward?

He gets partially blamed for not winning the League Cup (not losing it) because he fluffed several chances set up for him by his team mates when playing as the lone striker.

His goals dry up every season after the winter break he needs to be consistent for a whole season.

The club didn’t help again, we let him get thrown under a bus by the mhedia, the personal attacks on him in public, the racist commentary from the sun and leckie. It was war against him. We sat back and did nothing but lubed it further. Being late back didn’t help him also but Gerrard fucked it not playing him against hearts.

Morelos is the team, unless Defoe really steps up and he cannot lead a team, he masks the bizarre ultra negative tactics we employ. That’s a whole other discussion.

The club didn’t help again, we let him get thrown under a bus by the mhedia, the personal attacks on him in public, the racist commentary from the sun and leckie. It was war against him. We sat back and did nothing but lubed it further. Being late back didn’t help him also but Gerrard fucked it not playing him against hearts.

Morelos is the team, unless Defoe really steps up and he cannot lead a team, he masks the bizarre ultra negative tactics we employ. That’s a whole other discussion.
We released a very strongly worded statement in support of him and got a lengthy interview opportunity for him to speak his mind.

Weeks later he repayed that and the managers support by not bothering to turn up in time for a very important cup game.

The club and staff move heaven and earth for him all the time, he gets away with murder and is rewarded with pay rises. Ridiculous to suggest that he doesn't get enough support

We released a very strongly worded statement in support of him and got a lengthy interview opportunity for him to speak his mind.

Weeks later he repayed that and the managers support by not bothering to turn up in time for a very important cup game.

The club and staff move heaven and earth for him all the time, he gets away with murder and is rewarded with pay rises. Ridiculous to suggest that he doesn't get enough support

We really really showed them with a strong statement didn’t we, gave them a good laugh in the press sun press seats at the next home game. I’m shocked the scything statement we released had zero affect

We really really showed them with a strong statement didn’t we, gave them a good laugh in the press sun press seats at the next home game. I’m shocked the scything statement we released had zero affect
There is literally nothing more that the club could have done.

I’m more concerned with his brain than his body.

I would prefer he was sold for decent money, however I don’t think decent money is going to be on the table now. I haven’t ever believed we would get £15m for him. Just an expedition I never really had of him.

Given how his 2019 ended and his performance in 2020, we would be doing well to get £10m

Alfredo has spent the last few months feeding the poor and ill in Colombia. He’s also just become a Father. Hopefully we see a new hungry, savvy and more mature Alfredo Morelos. Hopefully the management team pile the pressure on the referees to treat him like any other player

That’s why I find this “he owes us the club” guff laughable. We haven’t done nearly enough to back during a plethora of unjust attacks (with racist undertones too). Yeah we gave him nice new contracts, but he earned those, and an increase in pay doesn’t make up for standing idly by in a dignified silence as he’s subjected to venomous attacks from lonely Bill Leckie and that waste of spunk Chris Sutton.

Christ you’re unreal. Seriously you’d fit right it on one of those BT panels

Christ you’re unreal. Seriously you’d fit right it on one of those BT panels
The club have publicly called out how he's refereed and treated in the press, what more do you want?

Another new contract and a second documentary?

I suspect it’ll be ultimately down to whether there is a club out there willing/able to cough up the type of money we’ll be looking for.

Undoubtedly that’s looking increasingly difficult in the current circumstances with lots of clubs tightening their belts. His post January dip in form wouldn’t have particularly helped his cause if moving this summer was his aim.

Unfortunately I can see this one dragging on for a long time as the transfer window will inevitably be adjusted to compensate for delayed start to seasons. Possibly even until the end of September.

The club have publicly called out how he's refereed and treated in the press, what more do you want?

Another new contract and a second documentary?

They’ve done fùck all. A few words on one occasion to acknowledge the shite he’s had, that’s it. The same flimsy pathetic tactic that’s seen us trampled all over by the rest of Scottish football for god knows how long.

If you think that’s ‘moving heaven and earth’ for a player subjected to a hate campaign then I would hate to be the person who has to depend on you to have their back.

They’ve done fùck all. A few words on one occasion to acknowledge the shite he’s had, that’s it. The same flimsy pathetic tactic that’s seen us trampled all over by the rest of Scottish football for god knows how long.

If you think that’s ‘moving heaven and earth’ for a player subjected to a hate campaign then I would hate to be the person who has to depend on you to have their back.
Answer the question, what should they have done?

Answer the question, what should they have done?

They could have addressed each individual attack as they happened and attempted to nip it in the bud from the start. They could have revoked press privileges from the offending ‘writers’, they could have publicly defended the player, and in some instances they could have probably threatened to take their dirge to a more sensor authority and even looked at threatened legal action. This is the sort of thing our PR department (who have obviously been right on the ball in recent years) to resolve.

So, avoiding any and all deflections for a just a moment, you really believe a flimsy wee paragraph and a few candid words from Robertson during an interview constitutes “moving heaven and earth” for the player?

ps. You sarcastically say “another new contract” as though that was some sort of apology for allowing him to stand in the media’s line of fire, rather than revised contracts he earned with his performances. Clearly there’s a deep rooted dislike of the player here.

They could have addressed each individual attack as they happened and attempted to nip it in the bud from the start. They could have revoked press privileges from the offending ‘writers’, they could have publicly defended the player, and in some instances they could have probably threatened to take their dirge to a more sensor authority and even looked at threatened legal action. This is the sort of thing our PR department (who have obviously been right on the ball in recent years) to resolve.

So, avoiding any and all deflections for a just a moment, you really believe a flimsy wee paragraph and a few candid words from Robertson during an interview constitutes “moving heaven and earth” for the player?

ps. You sarcastically say “another new contract” as though that was some sort of apology for allowing him to stand in the media’s line of fire, rather than revised contracts he earned with his performances. Clearly there’s a deep rooted dislike of the player here.
They did publicly defend the player and the club will have contacted papers whenever something happened or before it went to print, it's what PR companies do.

I sarcastically mention a new deal because he's had at least 4 in 2 years which is utterly ridiculous when you consider his conduct.

I don't dislike him at all, it's incredibly strange to accuse me of that

You can say ...one more season

Until the first time he has a fly kick at someone and is sent off ,the gaffer has spoken to him so many times ,a strong minded healthy fit alfie is unplayable ,its the behaviour consistency that needs to change .

I dont know if he's capable
He’s not.

Best if he moves in

They did publicly defend the player and the club will have contacted papers whenever something happened or before it went to print, it's what PR companies do.

I sarcastically mention a new deal because he's had at least 4 in 2 years which is utterly ridiculous when you consider his conduct.

I don't dislike him at all, it's incredibly strange to accuse me of that

No, answer the question please, do you think that wee paragraph constitutes “moving heaven and earth” for the player?

And yeah of course they’ve been at the papers mate, that’s really evident from the way the media retreated and stopped going after him. Oh, wait a minute.... Pure guesswork, there’s little to no evidence to suggest we’ve chased them after these orchestrated attacks. As for his contracts, if you’re young and you keep improving as a player you get bigger contracts to keep you here longer and ensure clubs need to play good money to prize you away, its how you protect your investment, that’s how things generally work in football and beyond. Christ

No, answer the question please, do you think that wee paragraph constitutes “moving heaven and earth” for the player?

And yeah of course they’ve been at the papers mate, that’s really evident from the way the media retreated and stopped going after him. Oh, wait a minute.... Pure guesswork, there’s little to no evidence to suggest we’ve chased them after these orchestrated attacks. As for his contracts, if you’re young and you keep improving as a player you get bigger contracts to keep you here longer and ensure clubs need to play good money to prize you away, its how you protect your investment, that’s how things generally work in football and beyond. Christ
It wasn't a little paragraph, it was very strongly worded. There is nothing else that you can reasonably expect the club to have done.

His last 2 deals haven't been extensions.

It wasn't a little paragraph, it was very strongly worded. There is nothing else that you can reasonably expect the club to have done.

His last 2 deals haven't been extensions.

It was nothing in the context of the matter. But strongly worded? I mean honestly. I’ll humour you there then okay, do you think one ‘strongly worded’ (lol) statement constitutes ‘moving heaven and earth’ for the player? One final attempt at seeing if you’ll actually answer the question rather than clumsily dodge it.

As for his contracts, semantics. Like I said, when you improve as a player you get an improved deal in accordance with that. That’s how things work, it increases our chances of keeping him happy and keeping him here longer otherwise agents due to their usual dance. I’m sure you know this anyway and are simply pissing in the wind to avoid acknowledging the hole you’ve put yourself in.

It was nothing in the context of the matter. But strongly worded? I mean honestly. I’ll humour you there then okay, do you think one ‘strongly worded’ (lol) statement constitutes ‘moving heaven and earth’ for the player? One final attempt at seeing if you’ll actually answer the question rather than clumsily dodge it.

As for his contracts, semantics. Like I said, when you improve as a player you get an improved deal in accordance with that. That’s how things work, it increases our chances of keeping him happy and keeping him here longer otherwise agents due to their usual dance. I’m sure you know this anyway and are simply pissing in the wind to avoid acknowledging the hole you’ve put yourself in.
I haven't put myself in a hold, I think that the club have done more than most others would have done. He'd have been gone before January at most.

You disagree with that.

You can't recognise this and have to "win" and insist that I hate Morelos.

He hasn't posted 4 random photos of him from games, he's picked 4 photos of him and the gaffer. Without a caption, it's open to interpretation but I interpret it as positive, that he wants to get back to working with SG.

Morelos is arguably our best player but indisputably our best asset, so I'd expect SG to be in regular phone/video chat/text contact with him, to keep their relationship going during lockdown. This could be Alfie's way of thanking him for that?

I thought Alfie would be away last summer so was delighted when he stayed but thought for sure this would be his last season. As things stand, I wouldn't rule out him leading our attack again next season and I'd be delighted to see it. He has improved every season and has more to go.

I haven't put myself in a hold, I think that the club have done more than most others would have done. He'd have been gone before January at most.

You disagree with that.

You can't recognise this and have to "win" and insist that I hate Morelos.

It’s more a case of defending one of our players on account of fabricated nonsense and outright fiction. And anyway, you absolutely know you’re fucked when you won’t answer a simple question, one that’s been put to you 3 or 4 times now. Have a nice night Bill.

Wow some folk fair putting the boot in, I’m of the opinion that I hope he stays just don’t know if we would find someone who would score that many goals he’s had a lot of crap to deal with while playing here, ok some of it he brought on himself but many other times he’s been targeted by refs, media, player’s other fans who were blindly jealous of how good he is I’m not sure anyone at that young age would cope with all that going on and it not affecting their game, hopefully if he returns becoming a father will have helped him put thing’s into perspective, he is in my eyes a very special guy who puts the needs of other’s before himself a very special quality.

It’s more a case of defending one of our players on account of fabricated nonsense and outright fiction. And anyway, you absolutely know you’re fucked when you won’t answer a simple question, one that’s been put to you 3 or 4 times now. Have a nice night Bill.
I've answered by pointing out that most clubs would have gotten rid of him in the summer.

Yeah mate, I'm Bill Leckie. Good one.

Lol mate, you once started a thread saying, to paraphrase - "I am the head of the Alfredo Morelos fanclub". Just bizarre patter for a grown man to hit out with, and it kinda ties in with the what Necro is saying about being blinkered (even if I don't really agree with all his points).

I haven't read the whole thread, but there is definitely something in that post. It could mean he's staying, or it could be a goodbye. It's pretty well documented that Morelos adores Gerrard either way.

I love the kid and it was quite obvious that the entire system last year was predicated on him being bang on. That didn't happen in the second half of the season and tbf, he is to blame, as is the management for placing their trust in a 22 year old with no real experience over the course. It's just one of those things that turned out shitty, but you can kinda excuse both given the idea was right.

Lol mate, you once started a thread saying, to paraphrase - "I am the head of the Alfredo Morelos fanclub". Just bizarre patter for a grown man to hit out with, and it kinda ties in with the what Necro is saying about being blinkered (even if I don't really agree with all his points).

I haven't read the whole thread, but there is definitely something in that post. It could mean he's staying, or it could be a goodbye. It's pretty well documented that Morelos adores Gerrard either way.

I love the kid and it was quite obvious that the entire system last year was predicated on him being bang on. That didn't happen in the second half of the season and tbf, he is to blame, as is the management for placing their trust in a 22 year old with no real experience over the course. It's just one of those things that turned out shitty, but you can kinda excuse both given the idea was right.
He genuinely comes across as more of a Morelos fan than a Rangers one.

It's weird.

If I was saying “nah he’s never really done anything wrong, the hearts incident was just a wee hiccup up and we should forget it”, or “his OF misses were all down to wonder saves and bad luck” he might have a point, but I don’t and he doesn’t. That wee weirdo couldn’t answer a simple question put to him 3 times because he knew his previous remakes were bollocks and can’t handle that he may be wrong.

A lot of that he said fell in line with wankers like Chris Sutton, now THATS weird for a Rangers fan. He cost us the final, the club have done everything for him and he’s thrown it all back in their face - that’s all shite Michael Stewart would be proud of, and not surprisingly in line with most of what these guys have said.

And I had a bit of fun when we were playing well, big deal. A few playful and humorous words aren’t really ammunition for a serious discussion. Anyway there’s nothing wrong with trying to enjoy a bit of good form (as fleeting as it was) after years upon years of misery, personally I don’t think that’s odd behaviour, you see it often. I mean you regularly see grown men declare their undying love for Brian Laudrup. The weirdos are the ones who can’t embrace it and treat these things as though they’re said with real intent or purpose.

Last edited:
Did Gerrard not say the same last season ?

he probably did and until December, Morelos was having a great season domestically and in Europe

what he was red carded for at Motherwell would have never happened to another player in the SPL, we should have came out and called the ref out for it. Should have done the same after the game V them in December but we didn't. He does have his flaws obviously but if we came out and called out the refs, we might have seen less problems in December and maybe when we returned in January

if it happens this year for any player, I hope we call it out because it's time we started complaining about refs who are not doing their job properly and I don't mean Gollum. We all know there are plenty at it with our decisions

he probably did and until December, Morelos was having a great season domestically and in Europe

what he was red carded for at Motherwell would have never happened to another player in the SPL, we should have came out and called the ref out for it. Should have done the same after the game V them in December but we didn't. He does have his flaws obviously but if we came out and called out the refs, we might have seen less problems in December and maybe when we returned in January

if it happens this year for any player, I hope we call it out because it's time we started complaining about refs who are not doing their job properly and I don't mean Gollum. We all know there are plenty at it with our decisions
The brain fart to dive at parkhead was a major factor in the shfest after the new year.
We never recovered.
If you want to take another chance that’s up to you I think Gerrard can’t risk it.

It would be best for both parties if he moved on thus summer. Unfortunately, that’s unlikely to happen. Next season is likely to be a carbon copy of the last 2 as far as he’s concerned, with the same unsatisfactory outcome.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere for a few reasons.

1. His value, we won’t get the money we should be getting for him due to covid-19, his form & his attitude being late.
2. He owes us, Gerrard & the club after his dip in form.
3. I genuinely think he won’t want to uproot his young family just now.

Genuinely no idea what the transfer window is going to look like for anyone. Can't see it being business as normal, nor do I imagine the fee we could demand for Alfie is anywhere near what it would have been around Xmas last year.

He hasn't posted 4 random photos of him from games, he's picked 4 photos of him and the gaffer. Without a caption, it's open to interpretation but I interpret it as positive, that he wants to get back to working with SG.

Morelos is arguably our best player but indisputably our best asset, so I'd expect SG to be in regular phone/video chat/text contact with him, to keep their relationship going during lockdown. This could be Alfie's way of thanking him for that?

I thought Alfie would be away last summer so was delighted when he stayed but thought for sure this would be his last season. As things stand, I wouldn't rule out him leading our attack again next season and I'd be delighted to see it. He has improved every season and has more to go.

spot on - he would be a huge loss.

personal opinion, he will be here next season, going for the title, and leave on a high to a team like everton or similar ranking, couple of seasons there and moves up to higher ranking team so its vital we negotiate a decent sell on % to any deal

Going by the arguing above, it’s clear some fans just refuse to blame Morelos for anything

He gets treated harsher by some refs, that’s a given.

But he continually presents them with opportunities which is the main issue.

If he didn’t get involved in sly kicks etc, the refs can’t send him off.

He just can’t help himself though and he’s proven now that he can’t be trusted to give us a full season free of idiotic behaviour.

No amount of excuses can refute that

Alfie is targeted by opposition players from the first whistle. There are usually at least two players from other teams who target him during play looking for a reaction, none of these players are ever cautioned or booked which leads to frustration for Alfie and inevitably a booking when he does retaliate.

Easy for others to say he should just try to ignore it and carry on, which is good advice on a level playing field but we all know that's not what it's like in this backwater. If the refs did their job correctly then Alfie would be free to play his game.

This is how I see things with Alfie, not the hot-headed undisciplined buffoon the press and other media in this country portray him.

I don't think for a minute that Tav is going anywhere - which will have a few on here raging. If we are prepared to let them go in this climate of uncertainty and, no doubt, lower-than-we-expected fees then I can see both Kamara and Morelos moving on. Ross Wilson did remarkably well on the Hagi fee, lets hope he can work his 'magic' on incoming fees as well.

On a side note, international flights from Colombia - and a few other countries in your neck of the woods - are banned until 1 September. At least. Do you know if private charter flights are permitted, for example? Just wondering how Alfie is going to get back.
Personally I want Tav and el buffalo gone : not good enough and when push comes to shove have let us down . Enough chances . This season we need players with balls who have the gusts to go through a brick wall . This isn’t Tav and the Colombian

Latest posts

Back