Alfredo Morelos - £15m

This is only my opinion but if teams want him in the summer then this would be my starting point and by the time he goes id expect another 3-4 on top with a 10% sell on clause as well .
The idea is we start high, bidders start low and you find middle ground.

Nobody is paying 25M for a player from the SPFL, that's the sad reality.

15M + another few in add ons and also a sell on will be what we can expect.

Croatian clubs regularly get £15-25m for their players. Benkovic at Celtic went for £15m. Morelos is twice the talent.

£25m is the very minimum.

There’s enough average crap in the EPL that goes for more that that.

There's no way that an SPFL player will be sold for more than 20m, especially one that hasn't played (and performed well) in the Champions League. Need to be realistic here, 15m would be great business.

The information prior to Jan was that Gerrard has a figure in his head and is pretty open about that with Morelos and his agent who are apparently on board with it.

That fee is £20m.

15 million is far too little, i want a fair price but at the same time dont want to price the lad out of a good move because he deserves it and we got him for a snip. We need to be fair with players

All I am saying is he was borderline unplayable last night.

The lad is superb. So strong, pacey and boy can he score.

I'll be gutted when we lose him, and we will. So, when we do, not if, we better squeeze every penny we can out of it.

He's been fantastic for us. I will always wish him well, wherever he goes after us.

25m minimum starting price with a sell on.players as good as Alfredo are hard to come by.this boy is going to the very top and he just keeps on getting better and better.

What we must remember, when he goes it will take 3 players to replace him. Not only does he score goals, he occupies a whole defence on his own.

In our place in football, finding guys like Morelos are the exception rather than the rule. We must literally get every penny we can when he leaves. Negotiate hard and do not let any English clubs or whoever take the piss.

Gerrard will be pressing the Colombian manager for more caps for Morelos as that may make him stay another season for us and elevate his value. Either is a win for us.

Croatian clubs regularly get £15-25m for their players. Benkovic at Celtic went for £15m. Morelos is twice the talent.

£25m is the very minimum.

There’s enough average crap in the EPL that goes for more that that.

Are you trying to say celtic got 15M for Benkovic, just not true. We will be hearing Armstrong went for 15M next.

Listen, I was as much as possible for him but also need to be realistic about what clubs will pay or we will have people disappointed with 18M which is mental really.

Are you trying to say celtic got 15M for Benkovic, just not true. We will be hearing Armstrong went for 15M next.

Listen, I was as much as possible for him but also need to be realistic about what clubs will pay or we will have people disappointed with 18M which is mental really.

The price for a free scoring striker with even more to his game along with European goals and International recognition is more than you would typically pay for elsewhere in the team. Morelos is simply a match winner and its hard to put a price on them!

25 starting for me
The correct answer. We should be looking at no less than 25 for him. He is by far the most accomplished striker to play in Scotland for many years.
It was incredible to see the fear in the Kilmarnock players faces when he got the ball.

What? Benkovic is on loan from Leicester. They paid £15m for him from a league worse than the SPL.

What? Benkovic is on loan from Leicester. They paid £15m for him from a league worse than the SPL.

This time last year the record transfer in Scotland was £12M, people are seriously thinking we are getting double that. I would love it if we did but people need to not get carried away, the SPFL is viewed as a pub league in England.

I think we will get slimier to Dembele and nobody should be disappointed with that.

This time last year the record transfer in Scotland was £12M, people are seriously thinking we are getting double that. I would love it if we did but people need to not get carried away, the SPFL is viewed as a pub league in England.

I think we will get slimier to Dembele and nobody should be disappointed with that.

Gerrard has already said the standard has been set with Dembele at £20m. We won’t entertain anything less. I think you’re failing to grasp that money is flooding into football frequently and transfer fees are folding over at an exceptional rate. Wanyama was 6 years ago. £12m 6 years ago is level with more than twice as much these days, particularly to English clubs.

Gerrard has already said the standard has been set with Dembele at £20m. We won’t entertain anything less. I think you’re failing to grasp that money is flooding into football frequently and transfer fees are folding over at an exceptional rate. Wanyama was 6 years ago. £12m 6 years ago is level with more than twice as much these days, particularly to English clubs.

I hope your right.

Selling for less than 20 million would be madness due to the cost to replace him. If I’m honest I just wouldn’t sell as any replacement no matter the cost or pedigree would be a risk.

A mid or lower table premiership team wouldn't think twice about spending £20m on Alfie. £15m is mere petty cash for these clubs.

Nobody is paying 25M for a player from the SPFL, that's the sad reality.

15M + another few in add ons and also a sell on will be what we can expect.
Well, there are German clubs paying £10m for 18 year olds who’ve got no first team experience in the EPL so I’m not too sure what you base your views on?

Last edited:
if dumbell went for 20 million.
Alfredo is realistically 30 million but he will go nowhere untill mission 55 is complete.

This is only my opinion but if teams want him in the summer then this would be my starting point and by the time he goes id expect another 3-4 on top with a 10% sell on clause as well .

£15 million for the best player in Scotland and a Columbian international ? Nae bother.

Surprised so many would be happy to see him go, even if it was for £20m+.

We’re absolutely hopeless without him.

To make it worth our while we’d have to replace him with a minimum of

- 20 goal striker
- a proper creative attacking mid/number 10
- at least one wide forward who can score 10-15 goals
- a centre back to replace Worrall
- a left back
- at least two other players in midfield to front positions to give us more squad options.

Could we do that with £20m in todays market? I honestly doubt it.

That is the absolute reverse of how negotiations work :D Seller starts low and tries to get the price up?

You declare publicly that you are not looking to sell and keep knocking back bids until one reaches your very secret valuation. At that point you pretend to be unsure of the deal and try to entice add-ons etc. You use agents to drum up interest (see Cardiff and Sala) and set a couple of sides against each other. You also, where possible, keep the player up to date so that he does not take the huff if it looks like you are holding on to him rather than driving the price up. The player has a vested interest in the price being as high as possible as it directly affects his pay-off and new wage.

Back