Alfredo Morelos - £15m

I think the money available to clubs in the big leagues should mean we won't accept anything below £20M.

If it is certain he will leave in the summer and if as some have suggested liverpool might be interested then 20m plus Ryan Kent would seem reasonable plus 20 percent sell on clause.

It is terrifying to think about trying to replace him though

People talking anything above £18/20M are being unrealistic.

This isn't a case of me playing down Morelos, the boy is class but we simply won't be getting more than that for a player who plays in Scotland and hasn't played CL football.

Morelos is better than Dembele so I understand the comparisons in price but Dembele put in some good CL performances, done it in Cup finals, derbys against us and also had a good reputation in the France 21s squad.

These are the big games that the big clubs watch and scout, not games against Kilmarnock & Livingston.

If he goes in the summer it will be between £15M & £20M.

This isn't a case of me playing down Morelos, the boy is class but we simply won't be getting more than that for a player who plays in Scotland and hasn't played CL football.

Morelos is better than Dembele so I understand the comparisons in price but Dembele put in some good CL performances, done it in Cup finals, derbys against us and also had a good reputation in the France 21s squad.

These are the big games that the big clubs watch and scout, not games against Kilmarnock & Livingston.

That is not how scouting works mate. Scouts do not just watch the big games, they watch games where talented players they hear about are playing.

That is not how scouting works mate. Scouts do not just watch the big games, they watch games where talented players they hear about are playing.

Yeah I worded that wrong.

The big games/occasions I mentioned above deffinately increase the value of a player, hence why Dembele went for so much.

Take Alan Hutton or Carlos Cuellar for example.. went for big money at the time and a massive part of that was down to performances in Europe and the big domestic games/ winning trophies.

I'd rather Alfredo stayed but if he's going to leave we'll be doing well to get anything above £18M.

Last edited:
Didn't Solanke go for 23m? I think 15m is way off if I'm honest with you. I know it sounds ridiculous but if you really were to value him against what the other promising young tallent in Europe goes for then we should be looking at 25 to 30m.

This is only my opinion but if teams want him in the summer then this would be my starting point and by the time he goes id expect another 3-4 on top with a 10% sell on clause as well .
20 starting bid and then maybe we could talk but no less then 20.

Why people always want to talk down our talent and talk up theirs is utterly bizarre imo

Alfredo is a full international, Dembele is not

Dembele was always injured for them, Alfredo is never injured.

Dembele had long spells of looking like he could not be arsed, Morelos is a warrior who gives 100% in every game.

Dembele had the benefit of playing with better teammates than Alfredo has played with yet still Alfredo has posted better numbers in terms of goals to games.

You mention Dembeles CL (consolation) goals for the scum while at the same time failing to mention the fact that Alfredo lit up our Europa League campaign, we were a team that was not fancied to do anything yet Morelos gave us some performances which would suggest a higher level of football than the spl would not be a stumbling block

Morelos has done enough already, that he is a hot prospect and quality strikers dont grow on trees.

You said it yourself, he is simply a better player than Dembele.

20 million GBP, and not a penny less.

I can’t see us getting 20. Hope I’m wrong but 15 sounds doable and hopefully with a good sell on clause added in to that !

Dz8T5GnWsAENyYN

Why people always want to talk down our talent and talk up theirs is utterly bizzare imo

Alfredo is a full international, Dembele is not

Dembele was always injured for them, Alfredo is never injured.

Dembele had long spells of looking like he could not be arsed, Morelos is a warrior who gives 100% in every game.

Dembele had the benefit of playing with better teammates than Alfredo has played with yet still Alfredo has posted better numbers in terms of goals to games.

You mention Dembeles CL (consolation) goals for the scum while at the same time failing to mention the fact that Alfredo lit up our Europa League campaign, we were a team that was not fancied to do anything yet Morelos gave us some performances which would suggest a higher level of football than the spl would not be a stumbling block

Morelos has done enough already, that he is a hot prospect and quality strikers dont grow on trees.

You said it yourself, he is simply a better player than Dembele.

20 million GBP, and not a penny less.

If he leaves I hope you're right.

Wheather it's £15M or £25M.. we won't be able to replace the boy.

If he leaves I hope you're right.

Wheather it's £15M or £25M.. we won't be able to replace the boy.
Alfredo is a loyal kind of guy sure he will leave us 1 day but not untill he has delivered number 55 and played in the champions league with us.

I think it is fair to say that Alfie is no longer a prospect. He has plenty of room for improvement, for sure, but he is already capable of playing at a much higher level, international level even. A player who is ready to play at a higher level but still has a huge scope for development is absolutely worth a good £20 million plus punt to a mid to top end EPL side. The fact he performs best as a lone striker adds to that value, given that a striker and 2 advanced wingers is the vogue tactic just now.

That said, we need to be realistic and accept that there are a couple of factors that will limit the price; He is playing in Scotland for good but not great money. His personal ambition in terms of stature and finances will see him view even a lower end EPL side as a step up. There absolutely is a limit to how much teams will pay for players from Scotland.

Over-all, the most important factor when we consider Alfie leaving is not how much, it is who replaces him.

I will be very surprised if there isn't a lot of top clubs inquiring about Alfie. I also think we are well under valuing our player. He Carries on this form for the remainder of the season and it will be name your price, he is a top player and best in Scotland by a mile. If the EPL come calling we shouldn't let him go cheaply

We need to be realistic here guys.

Yes he's by far the best goalscorer in Scotland this year and the best player we've had for years, but the fact that he hasn't scored a single goal against the scum in what is it 6 attempts so far is a big factor.

Also unfortunately the perception of his so called disciplinary problems will knock a few quid off his valuation too. The mhedia have done their job there alright.

This is the cold hard truth and what he will be judged on whether we want to admit it or not, right now he's in the Kris Boyd of a few years ago category.

£15M plus maybe a 20% sell on clause would be my bet from a mid to lower level EPL side, unless of course he bangs in a hatrick at the Big Jock Knew Camp next month!

I honestly believe we should do everything to ensure he stays beyond the end of the season. If that means giving him a very big contract, then i think thats a price well worth paying.

We should be getting that but without a goal against the mentally challengeds and no champions league goals we won't get anything near that. Teams won't pay that sort of money for a striker who scores goals in the SPL. They only got £20 million for Dembele because he is the French under 21 number 1 striker, had scored 19 goals for Fulham and scored in the champions league and a number of goals against us. It's not what you do in the SPL it's what you do in the big games. So far Morelos hasn't done it and obviously not had the chance in the champions keague. We won't get more than £8 to £10 if we are lucky

What were his good cl performances ?
His hat trick against us we had 10 men and joey Barton at centre half.
His cup finals were against kilmarnick and livi and the likes so don’t see your point there.

Alfie is is a different league to dembele. If he moves to Spain he’d be sensational.

I think we should but a starting “tag” of 20m, it’s not every day that a talent like AM appears on the scene.

If he has to go, hopefully there is a bidding war from a few big clubs across Europe
I like when you say “if he has to go”

I hope he stays at least another season. If he is happy just give him another contract with more money stick a supplement on the ST’s to pay for it.

Call it the Alfie subsidy who cares just keep him if he wants to stay and sell him after we have won a few things again.

Then everybody is happy except obviously the rest of Scottish Football and the Mhedia etc

We should be getting that but without a goal against the mentally challengeds and no champions league goals we won't get anything near that. Teams won't pay that sort of money for a striker who scores goals in the SPL. They only got £20 million for Dembele because he is the French under 21 number 1 striker, had scored 19 goals for Fulham and scored in the champions league and a number of goals against us. It's not what you do in the SPL it's what you do in the big games. So far Morelos hasn't done it and obviously not had the chance in the champions keague. We won't get more than £8 to £10 if we are lucky

Mental.

You think we will entertain a bit of 8 to 10 million? Absolutely no chance.

We have already knocked back bids in excess of that, and he has improved dramatically since, as well as won his first full international cap.

Sorry mate, but your post is absolute drivel.

Now your being unrealistic the other way £8M is a laughable suggestion.

I am fairly certain we will get what they got for dembele and we should all be happy with that.

£15m is about right...
For his left foot!
Add another £15m for his right
And throw in his head half price
£35m and not a penny less!

What were his good cl performances ?
His hat trick against us we had 10 men and joey Barton at centre half.
His cup finals were against kilmarnick and livi and the likes so don’t see your point there.

Alfie is is a different league to dembele. If he moves to Spain he’d be sensational.

Man City for starters, a good performance against a top team like that adds a lot of value to a player.

He also scored goals against us in just about every game he played, again the big occasion.

For what it's worth Morelos is capable of the exact same performances but unfortunately for him and us he doesn't have that CL stage or the quality Dembele had behind him.

You mention Spain, he's not going to Madrid or Barca so who in that league is going to pay £20M+ for him which is my point?

I'm not sure mate, We sold Boumsong for 8 million 15 years ago. The price of players has increased at a crazy rate since then. 20 million is about right IMO

You mention Spain, he's not going to Madrid or Barca so who in that league is going to pay £20M+ for him which is my point?

He probably wont go to Athletico either, but he would fit in easily at Valencia, Seville, Villareal.. christ villareal paid £20 million for %50 of Gerrard Moreno in the summer.

I hope Gerrard convinces Alfredo to stay for beyond this season bide his time get more experience domestically and in Europe improve further then get the massive move.

Guy is the best player in Scotland by a mile he has plenty still to achieve at Rangers and our rivals are absolutely terrified of him.

The improvement in such a short space of time has been astronomical under Gerrard, and working day in day out beside Jermaine Defoe will take Morelos to another level.

When he does go I hope it’s after he has a few winner medals and the fee will be massive.

Only Messi and Mbappe have been involved in more goals than him this season, £15m is nowhere near his value imo.

Mental.

You think we will entertain a bit of 8 to 10 million? Absolutely no chance.
Who is going to pay more than that for a player that is scoring goals in the SPL? Our league is absolutely garbage and he hasn't even s ored against the mentally challengeds yet. A few goals against them and some goals in the CL you would be looking at 15 to 20 right now he's scoring in the SPL a league that absolutely nobody gives a toss about especially when you have guys like Liam Boyce who have scored 20 plus in our league

Who is going to pay more than that for a player that is scoring goals in the SPL? Our league is absolutely garbage and he hasn't even s ored against the mentally challengeds yet. A few goals against them and some goals in the CL you would be looking at 15 to 20 right now he's scoring in the SPL a league that absolutely nobody gives a toss about especially when you have guys like Liam Boyce who have scored 20 plus in our league

What world are you living in mate? Thats so far from the truth its not real. Alfie will go for more than Dembele. Guarantee it.

Back