Alfredo Morelos - £15m

Berahino went to Stoke for £15m and he's scored 38 goals....in 7 years.

£20m plus 20% sell on as a minimum in today's market.

Being South American, this should attract Spanish sides and when he does go would prefer that to EPL. As if he does the biz there, EPL side will come in with real money.

Who is going to pay more than that for a player that is scoring goals in the SPL? Our league is absolutely garbage and he hasn't even s ored against the mentally challengeds yet. A few goals against them and some goals in the CL you would be looking at 15 to 20 right now he's scoring in the SPL a league that absolutely nobody gives a toss about especially when you have guys like Liam Boyce who have scored 20 plus in our league

You are either at it or know nothing about the game.
I'll bet you anything you want that he goes for > 10M UKPs. He's miles above Dembele or anyone else in the SPL the last 7-8 years,
Hopefully at least another season with us and then onto a top half EPL or Spanish club (he'd do well in Simeone's set up)
20M + a 20% sell on clause
No chance Gerrard is letting him go for 10M

Who is going to pay more than that for a player that is scoring goals in the SPL? Our league is absolutely garbage and he hasn't even s ored against the mentally challengeds yet. A few goals against them and some goals in the CL you would be looking at 15 to 20 right now he's scoring in the SPL a league that absolutely nobody gives a toss about especially when you have guys like Liam Boyce who have scored 20 plus in our league

He is scoring at Europa League level and has just picked up his first International cap for a team with some outstanding forwards. No sense in comparing him the likes of Liam Boyce.

Man City for starters, a good performance against a top team like that adds a lot of value to a player.

He also scored goals against us in just about every game he played, again the big occasion.

For what it's worth Morelos is capable of the exact same performances but unfortunately for him and us he doesn't have that CL stage or the quality Dembele had behind him.

You mention Spain, he's not going to Madrid or Barca so who in that league is going to pay £20M+ for him which is my point?

Imagine lauding Dembele for managing to score against Danny wilson, Rob Kiernan and Philip Sendeross. A feat the majority of strikers who played against us managed.

Nobody is going to pay close to 25million, he could score 100 goals per season. Champions league and international football is what will lead to big money offers. Nobody cares about goals in the spl, sadly.

We should be getting that but without a goal against the mentally challengeds and no champions league goals we won't get anything near that. Teams won't pay that sort of money for a striker who scores goals in the SPL. They only got £20 million for Dembele because he is the French under 21 number 1 striker, had scored 19 goals for Fulham and scored in the champions league and a number of goals against us. It's not what you do in the SPL it's what you do in the big games. So far Morelos hasn't done it and obviously not had the chance in the champions keague. We won't get more than £8 to £10 if we are lucky

We have already rejected a bid of £8m-£10m and that was 12 months ago. Since then he's scored almost 30 goals, including goals in Europe, and has also been capped by Colombia.

I’m not ITK and I haven’t heard a thing , but I’ve had a strong feeling for a while that Alfie will go to Atlético Madrid for £19 million plus add ons up to £25 million.

Everyone assumes it’s the premiership but I don’t think so .

It really should be more money but sadly I think it will be too much for us to turn down and Alfie himself would be goin to a club with his mentality and he , in my opinion , would slot right in .

It’s gutting but we can follow his career in Madrid as he goes from strength to strength and runs amok in la liga .

Love the wee man .

Our valuation of him starts at wanting to keep him and being desperate for him to be a great Rangers player. This price tag stuff that's entered fans head the minute a player starts being good is something that I wish end, it is small time and lacks real ambition, and the day Alfredo leaves Rangers will be a sad day; I hope he's here for a long time. This is great club to manage and play for; we've had some big names come here and say that, so don't take my word for it. I'd love the club to be in a position where we are actively trying to keep him.

Well said, thought exactly the same thing!

We have already rejected a bid of £8m-£10m and that was 12 months ago. Since then he's scored almost 30 goals, including goals in Europe, and has also been capped by Colombia.

I'm no Dembele fan but he also scored 19 goals for Fulham when they were in the championship. Add that to his scoring record with the French under 21 side and being their top striker, his knack for scoring in big games against us and in the Champions League his pedigree is far more than Alfies. We all want Alfie to stay and if he goes we want big money but we simply won't be getting £20 million for him

Nobody is going to pay close to 25million, he could score 100 goals per season. Champions league and international football is what will lead to big money offers. Nobody cares about goals in the spl, sadly.

He's on a long-term contract and playing very well.

If a club wants to sign him, they need to pay what we're willing to sell him for.

You don't know how much that might be or what the limit is at all. You're guessing from a pessimistic point of view.

Morelos worth at least £25 million in this current climate.Young guy that plays for Chelsea Hudson something is reportedly worth over £30 million and Morelos a lot better prospect

Morelos value cannot only be measured in goals alone . He's a fine striker as his scoring record shows but his game offers so much more than sticking the ball in the net. How many times over the years in Europe have we suffered at the hands of players of his ilk who have come to Ibrox and killed our ambitions stone dead with pure quality.

We as a club surely must realise by now just what we have on our books, this wee guy is destined for BIG BIG things. Look how his game has blossomed even in this shitty league with virtually zero emphasis put on technique or tactics. The stakes in football have never been higher and clubs are paying telephone numbers for potential never mind a player on the cusp of greatness.

When the time comes I will wish the best for Alfredo but whatever price we agree with a buyer it MUST be right for Rangers and that means nothing but absolute top dollar.

I'm no Dembele fan but he also scored 19 goals for Fulham when they were in the championship. Add that to his scoring record with the French under 21 side and being their top striker, his knack for scoring in big games against us and in the Champions League his pedigree is far more than Alfies. We all want Alfie to stay and if he goes we want big money but we simply won't be getting £20 million for him

That's a perfectly reasonable opinion to have but that's not what I responded to. You claimed we will get £8m-£10m if we're lucky. I pointed out the fact we have already knocked back £8-£10m and that was 12 months ago. His value has now likely risen due to the number of goals he's scored, including Europa League goals, and gaining his first Colombian cap. He is a far better player now than he was 12 months ago when we received that bid.

Aye but the Daily Mail resident mentally challenged bastard Stephen fuckin McGowan told everyone back in July that Dave King was a failure for not punting him for £7.5m !

fake-news.png

We need to be realistic here guys.

Yes he's by far the best goalscorer in Scotland this year and the best player we've had for years, but the fact that he hasn't scored a single goal against the scum in what is it 6 attempts so far is a big factor.

Also unfortunately the perception of his so called disciplinary problems will knock a few quid off his valuation too. The mhedia have done their job there alright.

This is the cold hard truth and what he will be judged on whether we want to admit it or not, right now he's in the Kris Boyd of a few years ago category.

£15M plus maybe a 20% sell on clause would be my bet from a mid to lower level EPL side, unless of course he bangs in a hatrick at the Big Jock Knew Camp next month!

Wouldn't read a single thing into his lack of goals against them, how many have we as a club scored against them since we came back up? 7 goals in 13 games since we came back to the top flight. Morelos wasn't with us for the first season so we've scored 3 goals against them in 7 games since he's been here. Dembele was outscored by Liam Boyce who went to Burton Albion for 500k. Is Boyce better than Dembele? The Dembele argument is pointless because a) They're different types of strikers and (b) Alfie is better.

Wouldn't read a single thing into his lack of goals against them, how many have we as a club scored against them since we came back up? 7 goals in 13 games since we came back to the top flight. Morelos wasn't with us for the first season so we've scored 3 goals against them in 7 games since he's been here. Dembele was outscored by Liam Boyce who went to Burton Albion for 500k. Is Boyce better than Dembele? The Dembele argument is pointless because a) They're different types of strikers and (b) Alfie is better.
Mate I know we all love him but one of the big factors he will be judged on by potential suitors is his scoring record against the scum and his so called disciplinary problems whether we like it or not.

Also I never even mentioned Dembele.

As I said in my op, even in today's inflated and outrageous transfer market I would expect no more than £15M plus add ons unless of course he bangs in a hatrick at the Big Jock Knew Camp. ;)

If Morelos was playing up front for Chelsea with Hazard and Willian on either side of him could be EPLs top scorer. Worth 50 million to Chelsea. Maybe fantasy but I would love to see him play with the above two up front with him

People don’t half love to sook Dembele’s knob on here, and predominantly because he banged the goals in against our worst ever top flight defence whom most strikers were able to score past.

How much we get will depend on which clubs are interested in buying him. He's on a lengthy contract but I would guess there will be a release clause in there which may end up dictating things.
Whatever he ends up leaving for we must negotiate as a high a sell on percentage as possible, that is crucial because the wee man is destined to go to the very top.
How do we replace him? A good starting point would be to follow similar principles that brought Alfie to us in the first place, accepting that JJ is no longer with us of course.
We also shouldn't under estimate the attraction of playing under Gerrard, he will be a tremendous lure to any young, up and coming striker. Stay positive Bears.

I'd love to see Alfredo with his hands on the league trophy.
Unfortunately I think he'll most definitely be away in the summer. However, the money we are going to get for him will, if invested in the team, push us onto 55.
I totally agree. I'd love to see the wee man stay and help stop "the 10" However, business is business.
Surely we can afford to keep him for another season.

I would imagine the answer is a lot simpler than all the debate...when Morelos signed his new contract there was very probably a transfer fee agreed in his contract he could go for.

Back