Alfredo Morelos Seeking 1st Colombian Cap

NorseGod

ALFREDO MORELOS hopes his stunning start to life at Ibrox will earn him a place in the Colombia squad.

The striker has scored seven goals in his last five games as he has quickly become an integral part of Pedro Caixinha’s side.

Now the 20-year-old is eager to catch the eye of national boss Jose Peckerman as he sets his sights on a cap call.

Morelos said: "It's started at Rangers in the best possible way for me.

"I had a very hard pre-season and I prepared well for the start of the new league season. I think I have adapted well to the team and that's reflected on the pitch. So far everything has gone well for me.

"I have been starting games and the continuity has helped me. I'm at my best when I am happy and I certainly am at Rangers.

"Every game I learn more about my team mates. I'm starting to know their movements and characteristics.

"I'm growing and improving as a player and now my next aim is a place in the Colombia squad. I've said to Mr Pekerman 'I'm here if you need me.'

"I'm training well, playing well, scoring goals, Football in Scotland is aggressive and powerful. My mindset is to carry on doing the right things and wait for the call from him."

Morelos made the move to Ibrox from HJK Helsinki in the summer as part of Caixinha’s Gers overhaul.

And the forward admits he is loving life in Light Blue as he settles into Scottish football.

Morelos said: "It's a very different pace compared to the game I played in Finland - it's played with more intensity, it is physical and the aerial side of the game is important.

"But to play for 90 minutes, you have to be well prepared. It's a competitive league. I'm happy to be at the club and in this league. It's good.

"It's very exciting for me just now. I'm playing for a big club. Their fans always fill the stadium.

"Every time I go to the shops, I'm asked for a photo or an autograph. The fans have supported me and given me love and support."

@mdingwall for Bear Pit

(thanks M)

Last edited:
If he keeps scoring goals every week there is a good chance he maybe get picked for the national team
A hope he does it would be s great honour for him

WATP

Going a feeling he's going to form a Novo like love for the club. It's great to have such a young exciting player at Ibrox. Would be great if he scored the goals to earn himself a place in Russia

From a selfish point of view would be better if he does not get picked for Colubia yet or we will have zero chance of keeping the kid but in good time if he playes well and goes and scores goals for Columbia then his price tag will be nuts.

ALFREDO MORELOS hopes his stunning start to life at Ibrox will earn him a place in the Colombia squad.

The striker has scored seven goals in his last five games as he has quickly become an integral part of Pedro Caixinha’s side.

Now the 20-year-old is eager to catch the eye of national boss Jose Peckerman as he sets his sights on a cap call.

Morelos said: "It's started at Rangers in the best possible way for me.

"I had a very hard pre-season and I prepared well for the start of the new league season. I think I have adapted well to the team and that's reflected on the pitch. So far everything has gone well for me.

"I have been starting games and the continuity has helped me. I'm at my best when I am happy and I certainly am at Rangers.

"Every game I learn more about my team mates. I'm starting to know their movements and characteristics.

"I'm growing and improving as a player and now my next aim is a place in the Colombia squad. I've said to Mr Pekerman 'I'm here if you need me.'

"I'm training well, playing well, scoring goals, Football in Scotland is aggressive and powerful. My mindset is to carry on doing the right things and wait for the call from him."

Morelos made the move to Ibrox from HJK Helsinki in the summer as part of Caixinha’s Gers overhaul.

And the forward admits he is loving life in Light Blue as he settles into Scottish football.

Morelos said: "It's a very different pace compared to the game I played in Finland - it's played with more intensity, it is physical and the aerial side of the game is important.

"But to play for 90 minutes, you have to be well prepared. It's a competitive league. I'm happy to be at the club and in this league. It's good.

"It's very exciting for me just now. I'm playing for a big club. Their fans always fill the stadium.

"Every time I go to the shops, I'm asked for a photo or an autograph. The fans have supported me and given me love and support."

@mdingwall for Bear Pit

(thanks M)
Best of luck,just don't be away too long.

Best of luck,just don't be away too long.

I agree however international caps/experience and a massive increase in value sees us win/win.

Hope we have him for years to come and he wants to stay.

Only a need to sell him or ludicrously high offer should see him leave.

Good luck AM.

El Buffalo has the potential go to the very top in football. A couple of prolific years with us and he will have plenty of
EPL clubs and teams from throughout the top European leagues in for him.

I love watching Morelos play. He has tonnes of enthusiasm and doesn't look short in quality either. Colombia must have some set of forward players if he can't get near their squad. If he keeps scoring I'm sure he'll get the rewards he's looking for.

You have to take the rough with the smooth I guess. Long trips back to South America vs a bigger transfer fee. I just hope the lad continues his form and we hold onto him for as long as possible before vultures from bigger leagues come calling.

Scoring goals against SPFL makeweights is unlikely to tweak the attention of Señor Peckerman, but a star turn against Los Invincibles in ten days or so just might.

All of which won't be lost on Morelos. He's an ambitious kid and will know that with a TV audience of millions, it's his big chance to have the national boss, and indeed potential future suitors, paying much greater attention to him.

Falcao, Bacca and Gutierrez are all locks so he's competing for the last 2 places. I'd say Luis Muriel probably has one of those places. I reckon he could outplay/outscore the rest of the contenders and get in there.

He certainly has ambition and it will have taken a lot for him to leave Colombia to try and make it by firstly going to Finland and now Scotland. Good luck to him, he certainly has the right attitude.

If he keeps up the kind of form he's in just now he surely has to be considered. Will do him good getting the International experience. The only downside is we might lose him for games as he could be involved mid-season and at different times from our own International breaks.

I'm not sure about who's in the Colombia squad (other than Falcao) but, at a guess, Alfredo has a fair amount of competition. Anyway, dare to dream!

If he keeps scoring at the rate he is currently they wont be able to ignore him for much longer. He's already proving that the step up from the Finnish League to the SPFL was easy enough for him and when he outscores the £40 million wonder we need to apply the same calculation to him.

Imagine we had a lad who played alongside James and Falcao...

Keep scoring goals and influencing the really big games and hopefully his chance will come.

We need 2 seasons out him though, minimum. Both with 25+ goals.

I love his attitude, he is here to win, to succeed, and to become an International player.
He is a gem getting its first polish, by the time he leaves he will be a all shiny and worth a fortune.
The biggest thing is, he feels loved by the fans, and the fact he can't go anywhere without a Bear showing him love will have been a totally new experience for the lad, and a real buzz.

No bones about it, he has the potential to be a hero at Ibrox. I've said it before, but going by his social media, he absolutely loves Rangers. I hope he excells at international level too.

The money we get for him is neither here nor there to me, it means nothing if it isn't spent well and trying to get a striker as prolific as him in todays market is a gamble at any price, we just struck gold with this one.

He's had a great start so far but I can't see him getting called up unless he bangs in 25/30.

They've some decent talent in their squad, playing at a higher level.

Just keep doing what your doing son you have a chance to put yourself in the folklore of the worlds most successful club the rest will come good for you

Hopefully he can keep on scoring and playing well first and foremost and the international recognition will follow in due course. A call up to the Colombian squad would be a positive sign as it would mean that he has been doing the business for Rangers on a regular basis. I like the ambition and drive of this guy, just hope we get the benefits of his talents for a few years yet!

For him personally I hope he gets loads of caps, just as long as it doesn't mean he misses Rangers games

Or his agent lol

The cartels over there don't monkey around, taking no chances.

2zegn0w.gif

Was it JJ that recommended him?

Either way, the person that found him deserves a lot of credit.

Love watching the way defenders bounce off him, there was a bit on Saturday where he chased the ball down off two defenders and near enough flattened both of them with his strength.

Good luck to the wee man, I'm sure he'll get there.

Think he's a player that would score no matter what team he plays in. As long as its for us for a good while :D

Within the next few months, assuming his form continues, we need to be extending his contract. He's on 2 years just now so summer would be a nightmare if we wait till then. He's got a long way to go but has more potential than anyone I've seen at the club in a long long time.

At least, for the first time in about 2 decades, I have faith that we will actually deal with these issues properly.

Back