Alfredo Morelos Seeking 1st Colombian Cap

Within the next few months, assuming his form continues, we need to be extending his contract. He's on 2 years just now so summer would be a nightmare if we wait till then. He's got a long way to go but has more potential than anyone I've seen at the club in a long long time.

At least, for the first time in about 2 decades, I have faith that we will actually deal with these issues properly.
Agreed, a new contract at Christmas if he is still doing the business. Get him tied up to a decent length deal and large buy out clause.

I'd be looking to give him another three years if he's still banging them in at Christmas. Negate the ability of other clubs picking him up cheap, or God forbid a free sooner than later.

I've no knowledge of the situation with Colombia but would be surprised to see him left out for the next round of International games unless they are drowning in top forwards.

If he keeps scoring goals, I don't see why he couldn't get a call up. Might be my lack of Colombian football knowledge but I don't think they have many standout strikers. Falcao and Jackson Martinez, with Martinez playing in a league probably on par with Scottish football.

He'll get it aswell, a record like his will not go ignored, on a side note, who are Colombia's main players these days, take it Valderamma,Rincon and Asprilla have all retiredo_O;)

Him earning caps and playing well for Colombia would only increase his market value. As a selling club these days, we have to help him get such exposure for our own good.

Do we want him getting called up but? fast becoming our main player, wouldn't want to lose him for any length of time, and with him being South American could really %^*& us up

No idea who is in the Colombian squad, but if Morelos keeps playing well and banging in the goals then it should be hard for his national team manager to bypass him. I hope he gets the international recognition he deserves when it comes.

Do we want him getting called up but? fast becoming our main player, wouldn't want to lose him for any length of time, and with him being South American could really %^*& us up

If he was to be called up for the next Colombian game and every one they play this season, does anyone know how many Rangers games he could miss if so?

If he was to be called up for the next Colombian game and every one they play this season, does anyone know how many Rangers games he could miss if so?
If he where selected for the Copa America say,how long would he be gone for,and when?
Isn't that in the new year?

Let's start the ball rolling then....

If he gets an international cap, add £10million to his value

If he gets an international goal, add another £10million

If he scores 30 goals this season, add another £10million

Get the message out early to anyone sniffing about, you want him, pay the rate.

Hope he gets a call up, his scoring record speaks for itself. Also hope he's with us for a good few years.

You have to take the rough with the smooth I guess. Long trips back to South America vs a bigger transfer fee. I just hope the lad continues his form and we hold onto him for as long as possible before vultures from bigger leagues come calling.
When he eventually does go hopefully it will leave us with memories of another title or two in the bag

Back