Alfredo Morelos tipped for Colombian re-call

He improves every time I watch him.
If he keeps the head this year, and make no mistake he will be severely tested, then he will destroy the Scottish league and we will reap a handsome benefit.
Broon9 running his studs down Alfie's Achilles may turn out to be serendipitous.

What they saying? Any links?

Colombia's biggest paper, El Tiempo, ran a story under the headline 'Morelos asks for a place with the national team' and report how the forward's form has him deserving of a return to the national fold after having been binned by boss Carlos Quieroz for the Copa America in Brazil.

They have 2 friendlies coming up in the USA against Brazil and Venezuela. The writer says that his indiscipline cost him last year, as he missed 10 games through suspension, but it looks like he's screwed the nut, with only 1 yellow in 8 games. Mentions he can impact a game in 15 minutes, and that his main competition is Zapata, who doesn't have the numbers that "el búfalo de Cerete" has.

He says more, but he's mainly just waffling, as South Americans like to do.

What they saying? Any links?

Alfredo Morelos dad, like so many other Cordoba people, despite the intense conflict that separated the countrymen between friends and enemies, life was fought away from violence and blood: every morning he left his house to sell fruits for a living. He decided not to take the fast track of the trigger and the rifle. Thus he maintained his home with Martha Inés, his wife; and his little son Alfredo, like him.

Alfredo, the now great son, the one who today and for a long time is news in Cereté; the one who changed the news of the bullets for goals, the one who went from seeing the 'white gold' (cotton) crops to withstand the snowfall and temperatures of minus 20 degrees Celsius when he left for the distant and cold Helsinki (Finland) to play football in the HJK, the most popular team in that country, after debuting in Medellín (2014). On the Nordic ice he scored 46 goals in 62 games. The gunner of the local champion.

Those figures made the Glasglow Rangers of Scotland hire him in mid-2017. Now, the striker who plays with the blood and the warm foot is next to the great Falcao, the powerful Duván Zapata and the fast Luis Muriel in the Colombia National Team , the first convened by Carlos Queiroz for the next friendlies against Japan (Yokohama) and South Korea (Seoul), on March 22 and 26, respectively.
Morelos has a hundred goals in his career and is barely 22 years old! And 49, almost half, in the last 21

Not everyone has the luxury of having a legend like Steven Gerrard as a coach ...

I have been very happy with him, the day-to-day work has been excellent. Having such an outstanding figure, both in clubs and in the national team, you have to take advantage of it. I have learned a lot from him and fortunately his feelings towards me have been positive and I am very happy with that.

Complicated the cold in Glasgow?

Not so much here. When I was in Finland it was complicated, here I got used much faster and it is not so cold. It rains a lot, yes, but I don't dislike it at all.

Did you imagine being at this point in your career with only 22 years?

I always say that everything can happen. Everyone has their talent and has the opportunity to prove it. Thank God I have had the opportunities to apply everything I have learned. I have scored a number of important goalsand I hope to continue doing things this way, with the same scoring ability, playing well, with attitude, and being able to continue going to the National Team.

They go four years of career, in another five where do you see?

There are many people looking at me from other clubs, but now I have the Rangers, the National Team in my head, I am focused only on that. I am breaking it with 22 years, now in five who knows if I will be in a much larger team, I hope in the Premier because I have a lot of expectation, but if I have to go to another league I will face it and enjoy it.

He improves every time I watch him.
If he keeps the head this year, and make no mistake he will be severely tested, then he will destroy the Scottish league and we will reap a handsome benefit.
Broon9 running his studs down Alfie's Achilles may turn out to be serendipitous.

Good word for a saturday afteroon mate.

When Alfredo screws the nut (which he seems to have learned to do) he's an International calibre player that most countries on the planet would be happy to have.
Getting a call up for his country again will inspire him to perform to his absolute best.
This is great news!

As if that shower of incompetent Rangers hating bigots would have any sources in the Colombian camp or links to Carlos Queiroz.
The wee man could and will be called up, why not do what journalists do and run an opinion piece, comparing and contrasting the wonderful attacking talents they have, compare and contrast what Colombia do right and what we do wrong. I'd read that sort of thing even if it was from Corn Dobbey Chops, nah same old click bait nonsense from the scum media

As if that shower of incompetent Rangers hating bigots would have any sources in the Colombian camp or links to Carlos Queiroz.
The wee man could and will be called up, why not do what journalists do and run an opinion piece, comparing and contrasting the wonderful attacking talents they have, compare and contrast what Colombia do right and what we do wrong. I'd read that sort of thing even if it was from Corn Dobbey Chops, nah same old click bait nonsense from the scum media

Their sources.

Gerrard told them to ask the player if he wanted to stay at Rangers.
They either didn't bother, or didn't get the answer they wanted.

I reckon they didn't ask.

Thought would throw this in here. Was at shop with son today told him to pick a pizza. He got one and walks along to me with it then his eyes pop out his head when he seea what it says and starts shouting in shop "Alfredo, Alfredo, Alfredo, Alfredo" :D
Morelos was in the shop?
That's pretty cool mate :))

Thought would throw this in here. Was at shop with son today told him to pick a pizza. He got one and walks along to me with it then his eyes pop out his head when he seea what it says and starts shouting in shop "Alfredo, Alfredo, Alfredo, Alfredo" :D

Help me out here, could see the point if he picked out a fredo chocolate bar.

Next tim game will be a big test for him they’ll be out to wind him up. Be great if he could get an early goal. On can only hope.

Being dropped from the National Squad in addition to what happened at the Piggery has had a positive effect on him.

He is also easily adapting to our new style of play and looks like he will get another International call up soon.

Being dropped from the National Squad in addition to what happened at the Piggery has had a positive effect on him.

He is also easily adapting to our new style of play and looks like he will get another International call up soon.

The stuff we kept reading last season about playing better with Defoe and him suiting the system better was just fairy nonsense perpetuated by folk who didn’t want to forgive him for the piggery red card and so were desperately trying to convince themselves he had actually been a hindrance to us.

He was always going to tear it up when he got back in.

The whole article is gushing with praise but the bit that stands out is this ;

Now, if Morelos maintains the level demonstrated since last season and his I’ll discipline doesn’t not return, his presence in the Colombian National team is necessary.

Ahora, si Morelos mantiene el nivel que ha demostrado desde la temporada pasada y su disciplina no vuelve a recaer, su presencia en la Selección Colombia es necesaria.

Back