Alfredo Morelos transfer latest as Rangers director Stewart Robertson sends message over star's future

Of course he said that....if the played had stayed he still has to accommodate him, it didn't stop him buying wide players, continually being linked to ANOTHER wide player AND letting Canideas walk out the door.

Well because we signed Windass for 65k and sold him for 2 million so how the %^*& that correlates to the departure of Cardoso is beyond me.

The last part is all a bit meh to me... again comparing different circumstance and situation.....things differ based on the player, club etc..

Mate you clearly don't get it.

I'm saying that the club have stated trading players is part of our policy, which requires selling players on for maximum value. I'm telling you that we haven't done that successfully - Windass is the exception not the rule and even then I would argue that we should have got more.

Cardoso etc are relevant because they are players that were let go without us getting maximum value.

Mate you clearly don't get it.

I'm saying that the club have stated trading players is part of our policy, which requires selling players on for maximum value. I'm telling you that we haven't done that successfully - Windass is the exception not the rule and even then I would argue that we should have got more.

Cardoso etc are relevant because they are players that were let go without us getting maximum value.

Aye sure, you win, I don't get it.

Its simple he was asked to stay and fight for his jersey he said no and left its disappointing for me but I still wish him well in everything he does

All of a sudden the Daily Rebel is gospel. When even they said "believed to have scooped around £250,000" still gospel.

Fwiw, I feel we had no choice but let him go. £250k, £500k, it matters not a jot. Candeias gets his wish, we get a fee, save a wage, no unhappy player in the group and we move on.
That papist paper word Believed, who the fuk would believe that mentally challenged infested rhag,

Daniel Candeias is worth more than 250k ffs.

Annoyed at how cheap we must’ve valued him.
I wanted him to stay.

But. 31, last year of contract, wanted away (not in a bad way), limited goals, assists dried up.

Maybe worth more, maybe not. It’s clear it was a simple deal and a deal making us 500k+ isn’t too bad.

Good luck DC

Eintracht Frankfurt are understood to be considering a move for the striker and he's also been linked with moves to the Premier League.

Record Sport exclusively revealed last week Eintracht Frankfurt were considering an offer having watched the 22-year-old on several occasions.
Morelos has made no secret of his desire to play in the English Premier League and has been linked with West Ham and Crystal Palace this summer.
The Colombian, who bagged 30 goals last season, netted a hat-trick in the Europa League win over St Joseph's last week as his season got under way.
But he's this week said goodbye to close friend Daniel Candeias as he left Ibrox to join Genclerbirligi.

Robertson admits anything is possible in the transfer market but is remaining cool over Morelos' future.

Asked if the club are confident they can keep the frontman, the managing director replied: "Listen, we'll see what happens.
"There's been no bids for Alfredo so far. He's started the season well with four goals in two games.

"He's playing with a smile on his face, so he looks happy to be here and we're delighted to have him."
Following the loss of Candeias, for which Rangers are believed to have scooped around £250,000, Robertson insists funds remain available to Steven Gerrard should he want to make more signings.

The Rangers boss has been up front on his desire to bring Ryan Kent back from Liverpool, however any return for the winger would be another loan deal.
However, he's hinted he could also seek a direct replacement for Candeias.
And Robertson said: “It is down to the guys identifying who they might want to bring in and bringing that to the board but, absolutely, funds are available.
“I am not saying it will be this window or the next, but at some point there has to be transfer income built into the business model.
“If you look at clubs at our level in the European Club Association, the average percentage of revenue that comes from transfers is 28 per cent.
“Last year ours was about seven per cent.
“If we are to compete on a level playing field without relying on the investors and the board, that is a key part of the business model, as well as bringing players through the academy.”
seriously they might as well as have given him away for nothing absolute crap and don't give me the saving of wages, why is it every time a player is bought its usually on the cheep or we pay him off to get him off our books who negotiates for us because whoever it is isn't doing a good job imo:confused::confused:

seriously they might as well as have given him away for nothing absolute crap and don't give me the saving of wages, why is it every time a player is bought its usually on the cheep or we pay him off to get him off our books who negotiates for us because whoever it is isn't doing a good job imo:confused::confused:

The mentality of some of us doesn’t help.

Our enemies glorify their players. Talk them up.

A high percentage of our support talk ours down and castigate them.

All of a sudden the Daily Rebel is gospel. When even they said "believed to have scooped around £250,000" still gospel.

Fwiw, I feel we had no choice but let him go. £250k, £500k, it matters not a jot. Candeias gets his wish, we get a fee, save a wage, no unhappy player in the group and we move on.
Haven't heard anyone from the club mention a figure.

Would be interesting to know what Candeias wage was, we were giving out some bonkers contracts when Pedro was around.

Daniel Candeias is worth more than 250k ffs.

Annoyed at how cheap we must’ve valued him.
If (IF) that was the fee. It's something...and his wages become free to use.on someone else.
So even at 250k (if it was that) then we will have north of 500k added to the transfer fund pot.

Back