Alfredo up for writers players of the year

• Thread starter Bothwell Street Bear
  • Start date
I cannot countenance any Rangers players accepting an award from any Scottish journalist.

In fact, any Rangers employee.

Treat these vermin with the contempt they deserve.

He won’t win it

If truth be told, due to his form in the second half of the season I don’t think anyone could reasonably argue he deserves it either.

If he'd played as well in the second half as he did in the first, then he'd probably have won.

He can't get it for half a great season.
Morelos would not win the award even if he had bagged another 20 goals post winter break. You and I have as much chance as Alfie of winning an award from the Scottish football writers.

Zero chance they'd ever give it to Alfie. Not even if he hit 100 goals and single handedly won us the Europa league

He won't get it and truthfully, he doesn't deserve to.

Based on August to December form, Aye. January to March, Naw.

Hopefully he gets the head down and comes back lean and ready to start next season as good as he started this one.

His form after the break will be an excuse for not getting it
To be honest it’s a pretty fair excuse.
While he was far from the only one, his form after the break was dreadful, he also looked a stone overweight.

If his scoring form had kept up he would be a shoe in.

Great for us last season, not so well after the new year but we should be able to compensate for that with goals from other areas

The only reason Morelos is mentioned is so he can be 2nd to Edouard , so the filth can say that he's better than Morelos , so pathetic

Morelos could have scored 40 goals and it would have not made an iota of a difference.It could be any mentally challenged up against him,and,sadly they would get it.

We can complain about plenty this year, but not about Edouard winning this. He's had an excellent season tbf.

Would have been closer if Alfie kept his form up.

Latest posts

Back