Alfredo up for writers players of the year

• Thread starter Bothwell Street Bear
  • Start date
He’s got about as much chance of winning that as Trump does of winning the Nobel peace prize.

To be honest, the nose dive in form means he really shouldn’t win it anyway. But let’s not kid ourselves, even if his form hadn’t dipped it would have still went to Edouard.

To be fair he wouldn’t have deserved it anyhow. It pains me to say it but Edouard is a far better player than Morelos. Hes very close to the finished article as a player yet Alfie is miles off it, both similar ages too. Although Alfie has the potential to raise his game.

Did you see much of Edouard in Europe mate ? When they came up against good teams ?

I did.

He did not cause one European team the problems Morelos caused them.

Scored a penalty v Copenhagen & did absolutely nothing else.

Did you see much of Edouard in Europe mate ? When they came up against good teams ?

I did.

He did not cause one European team the problems Morelos caused them.

Scored a penalty v Copenhagen & did absolutely nothing else.
Never seen any of him in Europe mate but I’ll take your word for it.
Morelos was vital for us in most of our european games, still managed to pick up a silly suspension. His lack of confidence and composure vs the poets and his brutal form since the turn of the year still backs up my point of Edouard being closer to the finished article than him in my opinion.

Notsure i’m meant to know the answer to that. Although he proved he could do it domestically all season, morelos has yet to do that but he was vital in most european games for us. My point that

Never seen any of him in Europe mate but I’ll take your word for it.
Morelos was vital for us in most of our european games, still managed to pick up a silly suspension. His lack of confidence and composure vs the poets and his brutal form since the turn of the year still backs up my point of Edouard being closer to the finished article than him in my opinion.

I do accept your point about Alfie post break & that due to that he shouldn’t be POTY.

I’m simply saying that when it has come to more difficult opponents like Europe, or even against us in December, Edouard can very often be posted missing. I even heard Knew Keevins slate him after their Livi defeat saying he was non existent.

Morelos ruined it for himself. Can't blame any poets with typewriters for this one.

I certainly don't trust him not to do the same again next season if we are stuck with him.

This will be an interesting barometer of their bias.

Putting aside who is the better player for a moment, there is no way they can say Eduardo had a better season than Alfie. And that’s before we get to his exemplary conduct off the field

Alfie for me. Look at the quality of opposition he scored against in Europe. He's also had to shoulder far more off the park due to the attention our media give him over certain others. In that respect he achieves consistency - they just want to keep on hounding the guy.

Morelos ruined it for himself. Can't blame any poets with typewriters for this one.

I certainly don't trust him not to do the same again next season if we are stuck with him.
Sorry but I’m not having that. Alfie was the victim of discrimination and his two red cards at the turn of the year was down to hatred from others and not the player. The authorities acted shockingly in both cases and bowed to outside pressure in punishing him.

His drop in form when he returned from suspension is fair game, but this talk of his behaviour is old hat. I think he behaved impeccably this season until the racism got too much for him. A player in any other country would be supported for lashing out at the bigots, but not Scotland it seems. We seem to view it as just banter and expect the player to rise above it.

Morelos was absolute pish after Christmas as was the whole team but his attitude in particular was stinking. Wouldn't expect him to win any POTY accolades. If he kept his form up all season he'd of easily been the best player in the League (and possibly even won us it)

Morelos form post winter break means he has no chance

Because of who he is he would already have struggled to get it even if he kept that form for a full season

Morelos scored 6 in the europa league compared to edouards 3 but edouard scored 22 compared to Morelos 12 domestically.

Scotty how many did Edouard get in EL/CL qualifying compared to Alfie’s 8 goals ?

Don’t know why we are ignoring them given that, apart from St Joseph’s, they were scored against teams better than 10 SPFL teams.

I understand the award is made for domestic performance mate, just trying to get behind the SMSM propaganda to understand the truth for their whole seasons.

Do you have their minutes on the park Scotty ?

Quite often we brought Defoe in against diddy teams at home after Europe.

1. Odsonne Edouard
    Celtic
    96 minsper goal
    2113 minsplayed
    22Goals scored
    7 Assists
  2. Jermain Defoe
    Rangers
    77 minsper goal
    1000 minsplayed
    13Goals scored
    1 Assists
  3. Alfredo Morelos
    Rangers
    137 minsper goal
    1639 minsplayed
    12Goals scored
    1 Assists

1. Odsonne Edouard
    Celtic
    96 minsper goal
    2113 minsplayed
    22Goals scored
    7 Assists
  2. Jermain Defoe
    Rangers
    77 minsper goal
    1000 minsplayed
    13Goals scored
    1 Assists
  3. Alfredo Morelos
    Rangers
    137 minsper goal
    1639 minsplayed
    12Goals scored
    1 Assists

Thanks mate.

Defoe has very impressive stats there, yet he gets a fair amount of stick from some on here.

You'll never get better stats for a 2nd choice striker than them.

Certainly not in this league anyway.

It has, no question MU.

The point I was trying to understand was Morelos v Edouard goals. I get Scotty’s point that it’s domestic but if you consider the amount of home domestic games where Defoe has started against lower teams versus Morelos, then it could have been marginal, and that’s ignoring the European differential of course.

And I won’t try to count the relative impact of refereeing decisions.

It has, no question MU.

The point I was trying to understand was Morelos v Edouard goals. I get Scotty’s point that it’s domestic but if you consider the amount of home domestic games where Defoe has started against lower teams versus Morelos, then it could have been marginal, and that’s ignoring the European differential of course.

And I won’t try to count the relative impact of refereeing decisions.

I'm not comparing Alfredo and Jermaine Grigo.

Alfredo is our 1st choice striker, no question.

I was just making the point of how good back up he's been.

I'm not comparing Alfredo and Jermaine Grigo.

Alfredo is our 1st choice striker, no question.

I was just making the point of how good back up he's been.

I agree MU, and I wasn’t suggesting that you were.

I was just pointing out that my point was simply trying to get a better feel as to where Alfie would have been compared to Edouard overall this season if they had played similar minutes domestically.

I’m not disputing Edouard will get the award.

I agree MU, and I wasn’t suggesting that you were.

I was just pointing out that my point was simply trying to get a better feel as to where Alfie would have been compared to Edouard overall this season if they had played similar minutes domestically.

I’m not disputing Edouard will get the award.

I get you mate and I agree.

BAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DEEP BREATH

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah of course the wee fella will get it...

To be fair he wouldn’t have deserved it anyhow. It pains me to say it but Edouard is a far better player than Morelos. Hes very close to the finished article as a player yet Alfie is miles off it, both similar ages too. Although Alfie has the potential to raise his game.
Wow, clueless.

In all honesty Edouard deserves it he’s been the most consistent player over the season. Had Morelos kept up his pre Christmas form he would have won it.

Edouard will win it simply because between him and Alfie, he's been the only player allowed to get on with playing the game he has a professional job of playing

both of them have similar goalscoring records when you add all competitions but when you look down deep, you realise that Alfie has had practically every media outlet in Scotland (and some in the UK) highlighting him to try and bring his value down, every ref on Scotland against him and you forget he's only 23, he's still young as a striker and still has to develop to reach his potential - same with Edouard but only one of them is being allowed to do their job and the other is being punished because of the club he plays for

Edouard has had a much better domestic season than Morelos so he’ll probably get it.
If it was down to key goals it would go to Morelos but have to agree Alfredo is not consistent enough which would lead to him not getting it. Good to see him nominated though.

Back