Alfredo, very quiet on him moving so far, think he will stay

gerrard32

There does not seem to be any rumours at all that he will leave. Marseille, Betis, Lille and Newcastle whispers but nothing concrete.
Dont see anyone coming in with the 15-20 million unless its a club despreate to get a striker at the end of the window and that would leave us short.
I hope he stays and manages to change his game and his value will soar.

I reckon everyone Gerrard wants to be here will give us another year, they all have time on there side.

Why leave when you can stay a year and become a legend?

Last edited:
I think he will also stay. He fucked it at the end of the season for himself and the club will not sanction a cheap deal as a result. It’s a huge year for him, it will either be a launchpad for a superb career or one destined in mid table top 4 league obscurity.

It’s Tav I’m worried about

That red card v them spoiled any chance of a big move, for him and us IMO! Early days of course, I think he'll have one more season.

Delighted by that

Hope he stays and forms a partnership with Defoe, however unlikely both parts of that statement sound.

I felt like last season our midfield relied on him too much because they knew he could win games on his own. Obviously he couldn’t do that every week and when he had an off day we struggled to create anything.

He’s still very young so if he’s still here he’ll be exciting at the very least!

Let's hope so. Love the wee man. He's an absolute powerhouse of a striker, and we aren't finding anyone better to replace him.

If it happens then it’ll be late in the window - someone that qualifies for Europa or Champions League groups and wants to bolster their squad.

It’s tricky for Rangers to manage - we can’t go buying someone and unsettling the squad or leaving ourselves heavy on strikers but equally need to be able to accommodate a late exit. Having a couple of options for permanent or loan deals ready to go if we need it at short notice would be sensible.

There does not seem to be any rumours at all that he will leave. Marseille, Betis, Lille and Newcastle whispers but nothing concrete[/B].
Dont see anyone coming in with the 15-20 million unless its a club despreate to get a striker at the end of the window and that would leave us short.
How does a whisper and a rumour differ?

Would be stupid to sell him after signing 7 players (assuming Aribo and Kent) for a total of £600k and ballooning the squad to about 35 players.

I’m happy with our signings but if we’ve £20m to burn, we’re going about this the wrong way.

We have to be firm on the fee....it will be a red neck if we end up punting him for £10-12 million in August. Mercifully there's no pressure to do so in terms of contract expiry so I expect us to hold out for the top dollar.

Personally I think he will stay, nothing on it... just a hunch.

But what I am quite worried about and In sure I speak for others is that the worry with him staying and him not getting that “big move” may sway his head and we won’t see the way he can play, thus losing out on money and Alfie also losing out on his move. I do hope I am wrong... also I’m pretty sure the gaffer will have had a conversation with him regarding a similar situation such as that.

We're doing some early business because our first competitive game is 21 days away.

Alfie's agent will have been courting clubs and encouraging bids. They will come eventually and we are in no position to turn down anything around the £15m mark.

No way is the wee man wanting to spend another season in this backwater.

Sort out the discipline, stay another year and I think a fully fit Davis feeding him through the middle he could easily score 40 and his price could rocket plus his earning potential.

My worry would be he has a great euro qualification and start to the season and we get a large bid last day of the window. Thus leaving us in a position the bid was to big to turn down and we have no time to get a replacement in.

I don't think Defoe can manage a whole season on his own!!

Is the SPL window for signing shutting like England before the season starts, don't think I seen that it is, unless I missed it?

I still think he will go. I'm sure Gerrard already has a contingency plan if the inevitable happens.

I've said from the start, I really don't see a club bidding £10+ million, this transfer window.

Highly, unlikely.

There does not seem to be any rumours at all that he will leave. Marseille, Betis, Lille and Newcastle whispers but nothing concrete.

Agreed but it’s early doors yet. Hopefully he stays but if not a chunk of his fee should go to the transfer kitty.

I love the wee man but i'm pragmatic about the situation.

Did we manage to get by without him at the end of the season? Yes we did, and we looked more of a team.

Can you trust him in a big match? I'm not sure I can.

I don't want it to drag on, hopefully we do a deal soon, get good money in for him and Stevie has time reinvest some of it to up the quality of our strikeforce. I don't want a transfer deadline carry on, that only hurts us.

Miles to go yet in the window ...it’s barely open .

The bids will come in.

And then there’s the Chinese window

tenor.gif

Great player but he has become a distraction and a side show every big game he plays. He can’t seem to grasp the fact that opposition players will deliberately wind him up. If we get anything more than £10m I’d grab it

I personally hope he leaves this window, what a fantastic wee player but the ill discipline in big games and the huffy attitude se cant rely on. I have a feeling aswell if nothing came in and he had to stay his heart wouldn't be in it

Hardly contributed second half of the season and side more balanced and better team spirit during that period as well but he can score goals. Big decision for Stevie G that will make or break the season . Get good morning net and bring in an able replacement imo

Still a long way to go till the window shuts.

It could be very damaging to our prospects this season if we don’t have a contingency plan in place should he goes very late in the window.

I’ve said all along his last red card fucked him for his big move, it also screwed us fee wise but actually helped us on the park.

Imo he won’t move til next year when he’s got a league winners medal

He’s a very good player on his day but unless we or he finds a way to play that enhances the whole team - and he screws the nut (a big IF IMO) - then we should be actively trying to flog him IMO. His value isn’t going to increase in Scotland, if anything his petulance and the lack of protection mean explosion after explosion. He’s too old now for that not to be in his nature

He will go, deep down the club know he has to go also, for the future rebuild of our club it has to be this window

If someone meets our valuation he'll go.

If they don't, he'll stay.

It's as simple as that.

Back