Alfredo, very quiet on him moving so far, think he will stay

I don’t see him going.

Win the title, then cash in.

Smashing in a few against the mentally challengeds and European teams will help.

Don’t get sent off either!

I hope the silence means he's going nowhere, improving all the time and if he can mature it could be a hell of a season for him and us

It’ll be a difficult situation I still think. I suspect the clubs that make bids won’t be the standard of club Alfredo expects, and that the bids won’t be of the value that we expect.

So logically he should stay but it seems like he does want to go. One for Gerrard to manage carefully.

Sort out the discipline, stay another year and I think a fully fit Davis feeding him through the middle he could easily score 40 and his price could rocket plus his earning potential.

My worry would be he has a great euro qualification and start to the season and we get a large bid last day of the window. Thus leaving us in a position the bid was to big to turn down and we have no time to get a replacement in.

I don't think Defoe can manage a whole season on his own!!
I think that would be the ideal situation...He can help us secure Europa League & make us a fortune both from gates & his transfer fee.

I’m sure Gerrard & the crew have discussed replacements already. We on Follow Follow are discussing other options so if the Club are not...we are in trouble.

For what it’s worth I think it’s best he goes this window. He really frustrated me last season with his discipline & I can’t see the Scottish Media letting it go this season.

Don’t get me wrong on his day El Buff is the best player in the Country.

I do hope he stays although silly money would allow us to strengthen throughout.

Most of the bigger leagues are only starting to look at transfers and many deals will be protracted. All of the major leagues windows close after the English one and not until the end of August.

We are back early because of the early European qualifiers. Many players are still competing in the Copa America, Concacaf Cup and African Cup of Nations and most others are still on holiday.

He'll have lost loads of interest over his discipline record. Don't mind him staying for the goals he provides but he's not going to change. Will be getting wound up over someone calling his mum fat soon enough

I hope you're right, my fear is that there is a release clause on his contract that will be disappointingly low. I expect him to go later in the window, securing as big a sell on percentage is crucial
I wouldn't imagine so mate, when the club have publicly stated that they wouldn't entertain any offers unless they were in the region of what dembele went for. A sell on percentage is crucial I agree.

It's quiet as I think we overplayed the demand to sign him. It was unnecessary from SR to compare him to Dembele.

Hardly contributed second half of the season and side more balanced and better team spirit during that period as well but he can score goals. Big decision for Stevie G that will make or break the season . Get good morning net and bring in an able replacement imo
Hardly contributed second half of the season and scored 30 goals! What a player we have on our hands :)

I reckon he would be quite happy for another year, or as happy to stay as to leave.

He could be priceless for us this season, another season of maturity and a little bit more streetwise.

I really hope he stays for another full season and fires us to the league win. He is top class, by far our best forward for years and potentially he could become amazing.

I think the later it gets the more likely he'll stay and the same with Tav,who seems committed to the task and we can't have a situation where it leaves us short of two quality players. You can never say never,but I reckon they'll stay.

i think he will stay one more season to get his stock backup to the peak it was at round about christmas , i love the guy and was one of teh few who never lost faith in 17/18 . Hope he bangs us to the league and europa league , number of wrongly disallowed brilliant team goals last season aswell , dundee , spartak etc

He’s on his 3rd contract in 2 years, he’s going nowhere unless it’s £20m plus! But the window is not finished yet! I think he’ll be here next season and will have screwed the nut a bit, score over 40 goals, win the title then be sold for £30m.

I hope he stays, but it’s very early days yet. If we get major money I think the club will listen to offers but unless a club comes and meets our valuation we’ll be quite happy to keep him

Back