Alfredo

Davie Weir

Hadn’t seen a thread on this but he seemed to be limping towards the end and holding his hamstring. Hopefully just feeling something towards the end of the game and nothing too serious or proper

Thought he had a decent game. But is there no way we could partner Alfie with somebody? Feels like we're missing an assassin who could run riot playing off Alfie's clever layoffs and holdup play. Roofe doesn't quite seem to be that foil, perhaps him and Alfie are similar players. Or this is again where we're missing a really dynamic attacking midfielder - Arfield at his best - who can make bursting runs through the defence to pick up an Alfie pass.

Thought he had a decent game. But is there no way we could partner Alfie with somebody? Feels like we're missing an assassin who could run riot playing off Alfie's clever layoffs and holdup play. Roofe doesn't quite seem to be that foil, perhaps him and Alfie are similar players. Or this is again where we're missing a really dynamic attacking midfielder - Arfield at his best - who can make bursting runs through the defence to pick up an Alfie pass.
Sakala maybe? Haven’t seen enough of him yet but he does seem like a different type of striker to Alfredo and has a lot of pace

I preferred the combative and aggressive Morelos. I think he has become too passive and less effective. I don't want the daft bookings and sendings off, but he no longer bullies defenders.

One of his main features and improvements to our all round play last year was him dropping deep and starting attacks himself a lot of the time, he seems to have been told not to do that this season and I can't understand why. He's been left isolated a lot and we don't look half the threat we did last year. Not having a go at him just trying to work it out.

Alfie was best player for us tonight without being outstanding done his usual holding off the defenders and bringing players into play done nothing wrong imo, service to him was rubbish as usual this season nobody getting close enough to him in last 3rd always out numbered.

Roofe should have been playing. I was shocked Kent started before him. I suppose I shouldn't have been.
Kent is the most dangerous player we have so even though he’s not playing well he always has the ability to do something special. Our best chance of the night came from him and only a superb save prevented us equalising.

Aribo was the guy I would have sacrificed for Roofe.

Morelos was excellent, took responsibility and was coming deep to make things happen. I don’t think our performance was bad, we’re not where we were but there’s positives that we are moving in the right direction. They’re a top quality side.

Sometimes i want the old Alfie back,the guy who bullied CB's for fun,played right on the edge,lifted the crowd with his madness.

You are either on the wrong board or you don't know much about football.

Alfie battled with him all game. Most of those battles he won. He did his upmost to get involved but the service to him was poor. Most of our play went side ways or backwards.
Totally agree. Not sure what some people expect.

Morelos fought admirably but very few strikers will be able to make more of the scant service he had.

Buff had a good game and did what he could with the limited service he had. The rest of our attacking options and midfield look stale.

The sooner Hagi and Jack are back the better. Hopefully Bacuna cab act as a good driving force from the midfield too.

Back