Alfredo's Best Game

The game that taught me how clueless some football fans are about the game. He missed 6 or 7 chances if I recall right only 1 or 2 did you say he has to score yet he got a lot of stick that day for missing the chances. Yet every chance he had he created by himself single handed. He was outstanding and that night.

That game showed how much we relied on him, if he didn't find the net nobody does, I think his performances this year have been great also, Al this nonsense in that we pay our strikers to score is old fashioned way of thinking, we pay them to help us win no matter who scores and Alfie is playing a huge part in that this season.

Edit: was supposed to quote a comment mentioning to the 0 each game v Hibs.
Wonder if you meant to quote me ;)

Marciano was brilliant that night for Hibs too.

The wee man has had numerous good games but the Benfica game the other week was a highlight. A lot of people moan he is not playing well but that game showed he has matured and brought a different side to his game.
I loved his old style battering ram and bullying everyone performances but he had to change as the referees up here would just penalise him continuously.

Ufa away is yet another that stands out, playing with 9 men and the wee man was a constant in closing them down and giving the other 7 outfield boys an out ball and a breather.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet or not, but the answer is away v Midtjylland last season. Best performance I’ve seen from a Rangers striker in Europe. He was ridiculously good.
Actually, I think he was even better in the home leg

Hard to pick just one game but my favourite version of Alfredo is when the ball gets played up to him and he just rolls people through sheer strength. He's a master of that but we've hardly seen it this season.

Hard to pick just one game but my favourite version of Alfredo is when the ball gets played up to him and he just rolls people through sheer strength. He's a master of that but we've hardly seen it this season.
*insert goal in Bern*

Agreed, rarely do you see a striker be so physical these days. Incidentally, that finish was incredibly composed where he gave the keeper the eyes.

But he just kicks the ball as hard as he can etc.

He's terrorised some amount of centre half's in European games. His two performances against Porto were outstanding. We went back over to Porto for the away game against Braga and got speaking to a few Porto fans who were raving about him.

Domestically the 5-0 Cup win against Kilmarnock or the 4-2 away win against Aberdeen are amongst his best.

Thought he was tremendous in the game 3-3 game v Benfica. His passing was sublime and done really well all night.

Rapid Vienna at home springs to mind in 2018 and the game v the poets 1-0 Ryan Jack scored. he rag dolled them the whole game.

Back