Alfredo's Best Game

Punpun

Now that we've recently seen him get back to form, I was wondering what his absolute peak performance was.

From my memory, I'd go with when he scored a hat trick in the orange kit at Rugby Park in the League Cup, followed so closely by the LCSF against Hearts last year. Utterly unplayable in both.

Footnote - I back him to put in a MOTM display tomorrow

Not his best, but Easter Road in a 0-0 game where he missed a few chances. He was frighteningly good, but just couldn’t score.

Honestly couldn’t pick one mate, he’s such a consistent high standard particularly in Europe it’s tough.

He was exceptional against Benfica.

Nah, I can’t pick. Far too many.

Not his best, but Easter Road in a 0-0 game where he missed a few chances. He was frighteningly good, but just couldn’t score.

Honestly couldn’t pick one mate, he’s such a consistent high standard particularly in Europe it’s tough.
A Hibs fan acquaintance of mine raves about his performance in that game.

Im stuck between Maribor at home & Rapid Vienna at home.

He terrorised both central defenders of each team.

It’s the first time in my life I can say I’ve felt sorry for an opposition player during a match.
I watched the Maribor game in sinky’s in magaluf, genuinely the most drunk I’ve ever been. Wasn’t with any proper bears so a chelsea supporting mate came with me, he had a great time.

Alfie was tremendous.

He's had some superb performances against the spoonburners tbf

One of my favourite goals of his was at Easter Road couple years back when he turned that big diddy Hanlon inside out before smashing it past the keeper
We got a pasting that night, Morelos channeled his inner-Drogba.

Im stuck between Maribor at home & Rapid Vienna at home.

He terrorised both central defenders of each team.

It’s the first time in my life I can say I’ve felt sorry for an opposition player during a match.

This for me as well, the centre halves looked genuinely terrified every time he got the ball. He absolutely ragdolled them.

The game he got sent off at pittodrie with McKenna, genuinely the best I’ve seen a rangers player play in years up until that point

The 5-0 cup replay against Kilmarnock when he scored 4 was his best game by a mile
That was the game that confirmed for me he was too good for Scottish football and he would more than likely end up in one of the big leagues as a world class striker. Until then it was clear he was talented but that was one of the first where he was a level (or more) above everyone else.

This goes under the radar because I don't think it was on TV - he was completely unplayable that night, ragdolled Killie's entire defence single handedly for 90 minutes.
Hey had a promising start to the season that year but at that time it could still be considered a purple patch that performance showed that when he's on it he is a class above the rest in this country at that time

I remember him coming on as a sub November 2018 vs Livingston at Ibrox to replace Lafferty, who was struggling up top on his own. Livingston were in the hunt for a draw and Morelos, on his own, had them clinging on for dear life. He scored and set one up. I gave him MOTM despite him only playing about 25 minutes.

Either of the last two Old Firm games at Torbett Towers.

Ran them absolutely ragged with his movement, physicality and hold-up play.

After getting turned over by him in the December game, they tailor made a system with three at the back and played it in every game in order to have someone in there at all times to counter him. By half time in the second game, they didn't know what was going on as both their spare man and another central defender were getting rag-dolled by him.

Some of my favourite games with Morelos have been against Celtic even when he's not scored. The 1-0 Arfield game he bullied their defence, when he's on it they've consistently not had an answer for him despite the lack of goals.

To be fair though you could pick from any number of games, there's been so many where he's been a one man wrecking ball to the oppositions defence. While I'm glad we're less reliant on him this season, I do hope we'll still see him have games in the future where he completely occupies a back four on his own, because it truly is a wonderful sight when he's at his best.

The two headed goals v Feyenoord away last season is tops for me.

A real strikers performance that night. Easily the best I've ever seen in recent years.

IIRC first half vs Feyenoord away we were utterly abysmal including Morelos

Second half the whole team including Morelos were outstanding

I’d probably say last December at the piggery. Great performance other than the brain fart red card at the end instead of scoring

El Buf’s performance away to Midtjylland in qualifier last summer was frightening. Their CH’s didn’t know if they were coming or going. He pulled them all over the place.

In my opinion during my life supporting Rangers I believe he’s the best all round striker we have had. I understand he’s a nut case & he can very frustrating at times but when he plays to his level he’s unplayable.

We are a better team now. But I feel as if Morelos is still lacking something that he used to have in a Rangers shirt.
It's because the style of the team has changed the team used to be set up to get the best out of Morelos and if he had an baron spell inevitably we'd drop points different story now looks like the squad has finally clicked this year and we are no longer reliant on his goals so much so that if I had to pick one of our star players to go in the next window it would probably be him

Good to see everyone remembering different games where he's been outstanding. Hopefully tonight he tops them all.

Worth remembering the number of batterings he dished out to them across the city as well, despite not scoring.
The league Cup final take away missing the penalty and not scoring

He rag dolled then all game and in honesty is where we are different this year he still s tasks just playing slightly deeper which is allowing others to score.

Rewatching the sheep goals for roofs he had two players around them and shepp player then sees roofe and then tries to late to get to ball last year Alfie gets the ball and scores as others wouldn't have taken the shot

Arfields he had 2/3 players drawn to him allowed the space for Arfield

He might not be scoring for us as much but he's a part of why we are scoring as much with his unselfish running off the ball to take players out of position

The game that taught me how clueless some football fans are about the game. He missed 6 or 7 chances if I recall right only 1 or 2 did you say he has to score yet he got a lot of stick that day for missing the chances. Yet every chance he had he created by himself single handed. He was outstanding and that night.

That game showed how much we relied on him, if he didn't find the net nobody does, I think his performances this year have been great also, Al this nonsense in that we pay our strikers to score is old fashioned way of thinking, we pay them to help us win no matter who scores and Alfie is playing a huge part in that this season.

Edit: was supposed to quote a comment mentioning to the 0 each game v Hibs.

Back