Alfredo's next game

Will be 100th and he has 57 goals...not bad at all.

I am assuming he will miss East Fife and play St Mirren, so he could be near 60 goals after 100 games. And yet he's "only worth £5m" weirdly.

5 million + 50p if we are lucky!

morelos.gif

Last edited:

I am assuming he will miss East Fife and play St Mirren, so he could be near 60 goals after 100 games. And yet he's "only worth £5m" weirdly.

From that stat that went around about his position in the lists of all time top Columbian scorers in Europe, he was about 43 behind Bacca who was number 2. I think he’s got a very strong chance of beating him by the end of the season. Might be worth looking at the odds on that.

His attitude so far this season has been a vast improvement. No silly flicks or reactions. He is an invaluable player to us in reaching 55 but i'll take a win in early September as a step in the right direction with a hat trick from Morelos.

Outwith the big six in England how many teams have a striker that can do the things he does? Give him space, he'll hurt you. Battle with him he'll still hurt you. He must be one of the very best young strikers operating in European football imo.

Great to see him screwing the nut so far this season also. The pull back on him last season would probably have seen a reaction from the wee man.

A Hatrick and it's a 3 goals in 5 record! Outstanding, he could achieve numbers that Negri should have in a full season

Maybe...not sure how we will line up away from home. I wasn't making assumptions.

I'll trust the managers judgement but I'll be amazed if he doesnt start against Legia

But back to your original point, its a phenomenal record and only 1 penalty among them

A huge factor seems to be that Dembele was France U21 player and Alfie is uncapped. That seems to have interested clubs in Dembele.

I don't think he has taken that well
He had a little dig the other night on rocksport i noticed , bill young was putting the poet game on in studio and burns asked him how he can get celtic tv in studio and bill said i can get both celtic and rangers tv and burns said ‘i wouldnt want to watch either to be honest’

Last edited:
Thats probably why he was booted off rangers TV for talking nonsense like that

It was a ridiculous statement that he made. Unbelievable if truth be told. Still cant get my head around his reasoning on that estimation of such a brilliant prolific young striker who has already been capped by Colombia.

Hes really impressed me so far this season, i admit after his red against them last season i had enough and was happy to try and get the money in for him to get someone else but how wrong have i been hes went up a level so far this year and we need to keep him for as long as possible coz hes gonny be impossible to replace

He's the best at using his body and arse to get the better of defenders I've seen for many many years and he has pace as well.I take no notice of these stupid quotes of what he is worth in the transfer market.Gerrard knows his worth and not just his goalscoring record.

At this moment he is priceless to our ambitions this season .After 55 comes he will have a price but not now ,and SG knows that

A huge factor seems to be that Dembele was France U21 player and Alfie is uncapped. That seems to have interested clubs in Dembele.

U21 better than being capped at full level or something?

His red card at the stydome and missing Copa America are what has kept him here this season.

Only benefits us in the long run.

If Gerrard was being straight about Alfie bids needing to come in early, surely we’re now past the point of no return? He leaves now and we’re Donald Ducked

The reason Alfie is still here is his disciplinary record and lack of goals against the filth.

If he puts both of those to bed this year then we will get a huge fee for him next season.

I'm not disrespecting East Fife but we should rest him on Sunday after last nights clash with the Copland road hoardings. He looked to have slight limp at the final whistle when he came on to shake hands.

I'm not disrespecting East Fife but we should rest him on Sunday after last nights clash with the Copland road hoardings. He looked to have slight limp at the final whistle when he came on to shake hands.
There’s no way he will play on Sunday. Defoe is on fire and will score no problem against them. We will change at least half the team, we now have the squad to do that.

Alfie already had all the attributes needed to be top class. I think Gerrard has now had time and experience of his own to grow him and with his start so far this season, he's created a monster. Morelos looks an absolute nightmare to play against!

Back