Alfredo's next game

Alfie already had all the attributes needed to be top class. I think Gerrard has now had time and experience of his own to grow him and with his start so far this season, he's created a monster. Morelos looks an absolute nightmare to play against!

Last night when that number 14 was pullin and hauling at him for which he got booked showed alfies attitude that he didn't react to him which he'd have done last season so he's getn the message from the gaffers advice.

He has got everything for me. Power, skill, enough pace over 5 yards, battling qualities, great in the air. The thing I think he has improved so much on is his finishing.

Hugh Burns said we should bite the hand off of anyone who offers 6 million

What chance have you got with pish like this being spouted
did you hear him the other night talking up Mcgregors price (the left back) him and Tierney both worth 20-25Mil
Hugh is one of us, you wouldnt think so

Alfie is gold dust to mid to lower EPL sides. Teams which need someone to play upfront on their own, Alfredo relishes it. The physical nature of the EPL would not phase him either. Given that Oli McBurnie's own mother would say that Buff was a better player than him and he was sold for £20m, we should be looking for a minimum of £25m-£30m for him. But he is going nowhere just now, invaluable to us.

From that stat that went around about his position in the lists of all time top Columbian scorers in Europe, he was about 43 behind Bacca who was number 2. I think he’s got a very strong chance of beating him by the end of the season. Might be worth looking at the odds on that.

You think he will score 52 goals this season?

You think he will score 52 goals this season?

Thought he was 43 behind Bacca? And Bacca has not been prolific recently.

Given Alfie’s scored 9 in 7, I could see him hitting 50. Certainly wouldn’t expect it but would think it worth a punt at good odds.

I think it could be quick counter attack away from home. Morelos Ojo Jones.

But not worried with whoever Gerrard chooses
This is exactly how I feel, and is testament to the “2 for each position” that he’s created. Other than possibly LB, we have great options in every position and no matter what side is put out will look strong.

He had a little dig the other night on rocksport i noticed , bill young was putting the poet game on in studio and burns asked him how he can get celtic tv in studio and bill said i can get both celtic and rangers tv and burns said ‘i wouldnt want to watch either to be honest’
True colours eh? And we all know how Bill gets his club channels. Illegal streams.

Thought he was 43 behind Bacca? And Bacca has not been prolific recently.

Given Alfie’s scored 9 in 7, I could see him hitting 50. Certainly wouldn’t expect it but would think it worth a punt at good odds.

If he is 43 behind and has scored 9 already that would require a 52 goal season.

There’s no way he will play on Sunday. Defoe is on fire and will score no problem against them. We will change at least half the team, we now have the squad to do that.
Greg Stewart through the middle for me on Sunday. See if he's up to being our third choice no9 or not. I suspect he could very well do a job for us there if required.

Hes almost on a third of the goals he scored last season already. Id play him on Sunday and get another few.

If he is 43 behind and has scored 9 already that would require a 52 goal season.

True. Not sure when the table was compiled of the Columbian scorers. Definitely before last night. Possibly before the hibs game too. So might be only 48. If he’d been on penalties last year, he’d have got 46, wouldn’t he?

Alfie is still young for a striker but has all the skills necessary to be a great one - as long as he can keep his emotions under control. I have been impressed with the progress he has made so far this season and hope he keeps it up. If he stays he could become a Rangers legend.

Lets just see how he goes after a couple of months ... it looks like somebody has got it thru to him stop reacting like a child warranted or not and keep scoring you will have a choice of where you go next.

I personaly think the top 4/5 clubs in spain will be his ultimate stop.

If he was at the mentally challengeds he’d be worth £40m.

This is true, but where are our cheerleaders in the media to do likewise for us?

All ex Yahoos and their lackeys in the press are on message where this sort of thing is concerned.

Is it really such a closed shop that the likes of Barry Ferguson, Kris Boyd, DJ, Thompson or whoever we have doing their thing in the media on some level are incapable of trumpeting our players similarly?

When some goon says Tav is only worth £6m we should be on there saying we’d want three times that amount.

After another two goals in Europe last night, we should have had pundits singing Morelos’s praises today and talking about him as a £30m player.

That it doesn’t happen suggests as a club and a business we’re struggling to make inroads there, or worse, we’re just not bothering.

He's nowhere near the quality required to play outwith the footballing backwater that is the SPFL and he should just stay here ! ;)

I have no doubts whatsoever that if by the end of this season the wee man has scored between 30-40 goals, scored in a couple of games against the beggars, had no red cards and has added to his Colombia caps that he will go for a Scottish record fee.

You heard it here first ;)

The guy is just fantastic, a complete footballer and arguably up there with the best we have had in my lifetime.

I asked this before on a thread but didn’t get an answer... can anyone think of any goals, aside from the left foot standing wonder goal versus Aberdeen at Pittodrie that was right on the 18 yard line, that Alfredo has scored from outside the area. I can’t remember any.

Which I think reinforces how good a player he is. To do the work he does all over the pitch, and still get into those killer positions within the box, and score all of those goals with none (or next to none) being hit and hope efforts, just screams ‘deadly’.

Outwith the big six in England how many teams have a striker that can do the things he does? Give him space, he'll hurt you. Battle with him he'll still hurt you. He must be one of the very best young strikers operating in European football imo.

Great to see him screwing the nut so far this season also. The pull back on him last season would probably have seen a reaction from the wee man.
He'll run that defence of theirs ragged and they'll be out to antagonize him because of the threat he loses.

His start to the season is why mentally challengeds hate him and is why they are lining up to tell us we should be punting him for being a liability.

Don't get reeled in by the bullshit media. He's a superstar and he's ours.

Back