Ali McCann

TylerDurden

Official Ticketer
Been thinking about this lad, really think we would be foolish not going in for him.
Seen him a few times now and really impresses every time I see him.
Gets likened to Steven Davis in the article below, I definitely do see the likeness, in the way he strolls through a game dictating play, so cool on the ball.
Don't think he would walk straight into our squad, but Gerrard will improve him, like he has improved so many of the players in our squad.
Homegrown, only 20, and should come reasonably cheap this January, loan him back to St Johnstone for the rest of the season.

He’s played very well for Norn Iron, I’ll be honest with you - I know nothing about him at St Johnstone but he strikes me as a lad who won’t be there for very much longer.

I like him, not seen enough to know if he could do a job though. He’s still only 20 I’m sure though, full international & has played well when I’ve seen him.

Is he a Billy or a Dan? It makes no odds with Rangers or the fans, might make a difference on where the boy himself wants to go.

Been thinking about this lad, really think we would be foolish not going in for him.
Seen him a few times now and really impresses every time I see him.
Gets likened to Steven Davis in the article below, I definitely do see the likeness, in the way he strolls through a game dictating play, so cool on the ball.
Don't think he would walk straight into our squad, but Gerrard will improve him, like he has improved so many of the players in our squad.
Homegrown, only 20, and should come reasonably cheap this January, loan him back to St Johnstone for the rest of the season.

I'd like to think we are keeping tabs on him. While he is nowhere near Davis's level yet, he has huge potential and could be his replacement for club and country.

He hasn’t stood out for me in the games that I have seen St Johnstone.

I have seen Aberdeen a few times season and the boy Hedges has made me notice him every time I have seen them. A quick read on the Ryan Hedges post on here and there’s posters turning their nose up calling him shite.

I’m not saying we should go and sign Hedges, it’s just interesting how different people spot different things.

Thought McCann has decent potential every time I've seen him. Still young and definitely the kind of homegrown project we will be looking at.

Not many others around at the minute.

I have seen Aberdeen a few times season and the boy Hedges has made me notice him every time I have seen them. A quick read on the Ryan Hedges post on here and there’s posters turning their nose up calling him shite.

I’m not saying we should go and sign Hedges, it’s just interesting how different people spot different things.
Hedges strikes me as being a bit like Greg Stewart.
He's 25 and I don't see him being good enough to break into our matchday squad.

We had scouted him last season and asked about his availability in the summer. That's about as far as it went.

Doesn't really go for much as would have been more surprised if we didn't look at him given holding down a starting position in the SPL at such a young age.

I saw a bit of this lad when I attended a couple of stranrear games where he was on loan. A stand out in a poor stranrear team. Not sure he is what we need right now or good enough either

He seems alright but he will need to reach a different level to get to ours. Only player from our league I think we should be keeping tabs on is nisbit at hibs. If he keeps his form up this season I wouldn’t mind bringing him in to replace Defoe in the squad.

Never really stood out to me either but always seems to get good press, so possibly something there.

I have always thought the boy Kerr at the back is a very good defender for his age, I’ve seen him for scotland under 21’s and looked miles ahead porteous who is massively overhyped for me.

Never really stood out to me either but always seems to get good press, so possibly something there.

I have always thought the boy Kerr at the back is a very good defender for his age, I’ve seen him for scotland under 21’s and looked miles ahead porteous who is massively overhyped for me.
St Johnstone captain isn't he?

i want us to try get any young talent we can, loan out to a wiling SPFL team. sick of missing out on guys then paying top dollar once they become good (Nisbet)

I agree with you on Hedges, looks good in that Aberdeen team. Same as you, not sure he would do much here but definitely not shite.

Allan at Motherwell is not shite. I know Seedorf doesn't start for them but I think he has potential too, and not just for the name. I honestly don't know anything about the lad from this thread but I have no doubt a young guy playing international football has something about him. No harm having a long, hard look at these guys. I don't like signings made on the back of a bit of form, I prefer to know they do it consistently.

I agree with you on Hedges, looks good in that Aberdeen team. Same as you, not sure he would do much here but definitely not shite.

Allan at Motherwell is not shite. I know Seedorf doesn't start for them but I think he has potential too, and not just for the name. I honestly don't know anything about the lad from this thread but I have no doubt a young guy playing international football has something about him. No harm having a long, hard look at these guys. I don't like signings made on the back of a bit of form, I prefer to know they do it consistently.
Alan Campbell? If it's him you're talking about - I feel like he gets around the park well but he lacks something technically. A little bit like Docherty to be honest.

Aberdeen have another lad, Scott Wright his name. He has a bit about him.

There was another Aberdeen youngster who looked alright recently, blond lad, quite direct.
Can’t remember his name.
Carrol?

Must admit I really like McCann. Not seen much of him this season but he really stuck out last season.

I mentioned him when people were talking about Campbell as an option. For me, McCann would be a much better fit & has loads more potential

Genuinely never heard of the boy til I checked the Hivs score 5 minutes ago and saw he'd got a goal and an assist.

I'm sure our scouting department will be aware of him.

Last season went to random st johnstone game with a saints supporting mate. Within 10 minutes he really stood out for me and started asking all sorts of questions about him to my mate.

His technical ability stood out from everyone else. Also has an eye for goal. Still cant believe he's only 20. Been keeping tabs since

Is that the Ryan Hedges who claims Aberdeen were the better team on Sunday ?

Yes, I like Kerr as well TB.

I like McCann and Kerr.

Really surprised Kerr hasn't been touted for the national team given the competition and they missed the boat on McCann who has picked NI and done very well.

Looks like McCann got a goal and assist tonight.

From what I seen in his 2 starts for NI I was very impressed and surprised I hadn't heard more things about him up until then. Looks to enjoy going from box to box, good tackle in him and constantly wants the ball. Put 2 really good shifts in and I'm excited to see how he develops. Should Kamara leave in the summer he could be an interesting replacement, or if Davis retires.

Is similar to when kamara signed here with people wondering why

Now he's a very to start in most big games there's players in the league that with the right coaching would excell at us

Alan Campbell? If it's him you're talking about - I feel like he gets around the park well but he lacks something technically. A little bit like Docherty to be honest.

Aberdeen have another lad, Scott Wright his name. He has a bit about him.
Yep, brain fart moment HS. Alan Campbell. One that will probably be off to Aberdeen at the end of the season for £100k compo like Ferguson. God knows how much the Rangers tax would be. If it was a low fee, worth a risk and a loan to see if he is a better prospect than GD.

Re: Wright and Aberdeen. Not surprised as they have a really good record in bringing through kids. I think their scouting is spot on. The boy Edmundson from Leeds is really well thought of according to my mate in Bradford. They dig out players like Jack, maddison, Mclean and christie. Even Lewis was a cracking signing. Not same level of expenditure but pound for pound their scouting is way better than the manks, and until Stevie G and the gang appeared way better than ours.

Their manager is a knob though...

Yep, brain fart moment HS. Alan Campbell. One that will probably be off to Aberdeen at the end of the season for £100k compo like Ferguson. God knows how much the Rangers tax would be. If it was a low fee, worth a risk and a loan to see if he is a better prospect than GD.

Re: Wright and Aberdeen. Not surprised as they have a really good record in bringing through kids. I think their scouting is spot on. The boy Edmundson from Leeds is really well thought of according to my mate in Bradford. They dig out players like Jack, maddison, Mclean and christie. Even Lewis was a cracking signing. Not same level of expenditure but pound for pound their scouting is way better than the manks, and until Stevie G and the gang appeared way better than ours.

Their manager is a knob though...
Where's the money coming from?

Back