Ali McCann

Been thinking about this lad, really think we would be foolish not going in for him.
Seen him a few times now and really impresses every time I see him.
Gets likened to Steven Davis in the article below, I definitely do see the likeness, in the way he strolls through a game dictating play, so cool on the ball.
Don't think he would walk straight into our squad, but Gerrard will improve him, like he has improved so many of the players in our squad.
Homegrown, only 20, and should come reasonably cheap this January, loan him back to St Johnstone for the rest of the season.

Surely Steven Davis will mark Gerrard's card?

On the subject of the player, Mccann.

No.

Look at Kamara, Jack, Davis, Zungu, Aribo, Barjonas et al.

Leave him for the 12 year old boy enthusiasts.

His parents will be battering 150 Edminston Drive down no doubt.

He hasn’t stood out for me in the games that I have seen St Johnstone.

I have seen Aberdeen a few times season and the boy Hedges has made me notice him every time I have seen them. A quick read on the Ryan Hedges post on here and there’s posters turning their nose up calling him shite.

I’m not saying we should go and sign Hedges, it’s just interesting how different people spot different things.
Spot different things you say.

Many on here vilified Tav on a weekly basis. Frenzied when he missed a penalty.

I trust our management team to identify potential talent rather than posters.

On the Tav thing, some have come back on and said " I hold my hands up for being wrong ", that erases the abuse I suppose.

Anybody know what this means?
I think he’s suggesting that the £50k signing from the SPFL, the free transfer from the SPFL, the veteran free transfer, the loanee, the £300k out of contract option from the English lower leagues and the Scottish youngster are all staying forever and playing forever and so we don’t need to look at players for the future. And, that because he’s from a lower tier SPFL club, McCann must be an inherently inferior option...than those other players from the SPFL were.

I think.

FWIW, I haven’t seen much of him, but he's looked talented and no less a player than Kamara did two years ago and I wasn‘t sure that Kamara could take the step up. That’s not to say McCann would develop the same way, but he certainly appears worth watching.

I think he’s suggesting that the £50k signing from the SPFL, the free transfer from the SPFL, the veteran free transfer, the loanee, the £300k out of contract option from the English lower leagues and the Scottish youngster are all staying forever and playing forever and so we don’t need to look at players for the future. And, that because he’s from a lower tier SPFL club, McCann must be an inherently inferior option...than those other players from the SPFL were.

I think.

FWIW, I haven’t seen much of him, but he's looked talented and no less a player than Kamara did two years ago and I wasn‘t sure that Kamara could take the step up. That’s not to say McCann would develop the same way, but he certainly appears worth watching.
No. Not at all but thank you for trying to understand. We have just built a stand at Auchenhowie that costs more than St Johnston - or what this lad is worth. We have much better coming through the ranks and on loan.

The end.

No need for a reply.

I think.

I hope I watch him in any other team colours. Decent wee baller but nowhere near it.

I have seen Aberdeen a few times season and the boy Hedges has made me notice him every time I have seen them. A quick read on the Ryan Hedges post on here and there’s posters turning their nose up calling him shite.

I’m not saying we should go and sign Hedges, it’s just interesting how different people spot different things.
My brother is an Aberdeen fan says hedges has one game in 6 where he is decent and disappears in the rest.

Reactions: fmp
Last season went to random st johnstone game with a saints supporting mate. Within 10 minutes he really stood out for me and started asking all sorts of questions about him to my mate.

His technical ability stood out from everyone else. Also has an eye for goal. Still cant believe he's only 20. Been keeping tabs since
Would agree with this. He is a different player to anything St J have. We need to buy some homegrown players, Tims got a decent player in Turnbull, we should always have an eye in our own backyard.

Wont know if he can step up unless he tries any signing is a gamble. But even if he is a £1m signing not a huge gamble.

I really like this guy. We should sign him and loan him back so he gets game time.

No. Not at all but thank you for trying to understand. We have just built a stand at Auchenhowie that costs more than St Johnston - or what this lad is worth. We have much better coming through the ranks and on loan.

The end.

No need for a reply.
Sadly for you, your opinion on the player is just as relevant to our management team as it is to me when it comes to what posts I hit "reply" to.

He seems alright but he will need to reach a different level to get to ours. Only player from our league I think we should be keeping tabs on is nisbit at hibs. If he keeps his form up this season I wouldn’t mind bringing him in to replace Defoe in the squad.
I rate Lewis Ferguson as well but Nisbet I think is a good player as well. I love a striker who is willing to take on the shot first time. Seems a confident striker. His goal against Celtic was a cracking finish. One to keep tabs on for sure.

Hedges certainly stood out last Sunday.

I don't know much about the lad but what I will say is we have a well manned scouting department and a team of analysts so we will be aware of him.
I think the player has to fit our system so if we don't go for a player on our doorstep it's for a reason.
Evidenced by our move for Wright at Aberdeen.

Tbh even if you played football and were Celtic inclined would u accept a move to them before us right now? Mo Johnson done no bad so if they cant hold there own why not

Don’t rate him
I rate him
tenor.gif

I have no basis to say this other than our lack of interest, but I assumed rightly or wrongly that he had nailed his colours to the sinking mast. If I’m wrong I apologise.

Back