Alice Hedworth - media team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
She posted on twitter yesterday that she’s still on furlough.

For what it’s worth I think she does a good job and comes across well.

The question is really , why have a geordie / Newcastle fan do that gig?
I’m sure there must be loads of Scottish (Rangers leaning) people in communications / media that could do what she’s doing

No harm to Alice , I think she does not a bad job, comes across as very likeable , seems to muck in and get on with a variety of tasks to help out the club, for example I’ve seen her at the AGM she was giving out the ballots / crossing out the names on the list.

I’m going to take a wild guess at, whenever the job was advertised, the interviewers considered her best for the vacancy. The fact that she’s been willing to move up here (granted Glasgow isn’t a million miles from Newcastle) and has since been promoted speaks volumes for her character and her ability.

Ali Douglas done her job interview for RTV while on day release from a mental health clinic.

She done ok for herself after she left RTV. I remember her presenting on Sky sports news for a while and even presenting the early morning ITN news bulletin on ITV as she had moved to London.
As for her mental health she was diagnosed as being bipolar and tried to take her own life a couple of years ago but thankfully she did not succeed and seems to be on the mend.

The club really needs to get a grip of their interviewers. Itten and Roofe both presented with the exact same questions by two different RTV interviewers yesterday.

I used to always have a go at the boring sounding Scottish guy as I thought it was him making up the repetitive boring questions but after seeing the two seperate interviews today it’s clear someone has actually been put in charge of scripting the questions yet repeatedly we get the same mind numbing pish.

Every single person asked about the fans. Pure tin pot. I don’t need to be told we’re good or get an ego massage. We all know how good we are.

She tweeted yesterday that she is still furloughed.

can’t make my mind up about her, she seems ok through rangers media stuff but I’ve seen her through my work sometimes and she seems very up herself.

I met Emma Jones at a work function a couple of years back and sat at the same table as her. She’s pretty good as a presenter but a total airhead. Not what we need IMO. Had a stiff neck afterwards right enough trying not to stare!
Stiff neck you say?

Emma Jones/Leeds TV.
main-qimg-3066002fa3ed735d14faabf48bb00a1c

The question is really , why have a geordie / Newcastle fan do that gig?
I’m sure there must be loads of Scottish (Rangers leaning) people in communications / media that could do what she’s doing

No harm to Alice , I think she does not a bad job, comes across as very likeable , seems to muck in and get on with a variety of tasks to help out the club, for example I’ve seen her at the AGM she was giving out the ballots / crossing out the names on the list.

"Rangers, Anyone, Everyone unless you need to work in our Communications" would have to be the new campaign...

Yes, because it’s clearly the middle aged men stalking young lassies on the internet that are the ones with the social lives

It's true. There's a thin line between admiration and masturbation.

Every single person asked about the fans. Pure tin pot. I don’t need to be told we’re good or get an ego massage. We all know how good we are.

Both of yesterdays interviews had virtually identical questions, so its clearly a script. One of them, Itten, was interviewed by a guy with an Ulster accent. Anybody know if that was David Graham doing it himself, or do we have a new man at RangersTV?

Both of yesterdays interviews had virtually identical questions, so its clearly a script. One of them, Itten, was interviewed by a guy with an Ulster accent. Anybody know if that was David Graham doing it himself, or do we have a new man at RangersTV?
That was a bit odd i must say. I quite like the chap that normally does the interviews even if the questions are a bit cookie cutter.

It was, sounded like he was doing it from a skype call. Not very good.

Interesting one tho as maybe he is writing a script for the media team as none of them have a history of doing interviews.

If he is, it needs to stop.

I don't know why she's leaving or where she's gonna go
I guess she's got her reasons but I just don't wanna know
'Cause for twenty-four hours we've been waiting for a post from Alice
Alice?
Where the f*** is Alice?

I think folk are a bit harsh about RTV's interviewing technique.

This is the clubs official channel. They'll be asking questions that the manager and players want to answer. If they decide to be a bit more hard hitting then they'll not be in a job, that's not the role of official club media.

These guys all do their best.
Agree 100% with this.

Personally, I think they are all doing a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back