Alkass Cup Live

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
I think they have made an arse of the group standings. Aspire should be 7 goals for and 5 against, leaving them +2 goals. We scored 7 and conceded 6, leaving us +1 goals.

jaws73

Official Ticketer
I think they have made an arse of the group standings. Aspire should be 7 goals for and 5 against, leaving them +2 goals. We scored 7 and conceded 6, leaving us +1 goals.
Yes.

As far as I can see Winners of Group C (Real Madrid) will play Runners-up of Group A (Rangers).

First QF on Wednesday 19th.

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
Is it maybe decided on seeding or something if teams are level?? Why would they have us topping the group?

Edit...they have both teams down as +1 goals. Looks like it’s an error right enough.

jaws73

Official Ticketer
Is it maybe decided on seeding or something if teams are level?? Why would they have us topping the group?

Edit...they have both teams down as +1 goals. Looks like it’s an error right enough.
Very confusing.

Texas ranger

Group C is Inter Milan’s group. They are top at the moment. Real Madrid are group D.
Looks like it will be Inter in the next round as they play the bottom team and a win, draw or even a defeat depending on the nature of it sees them win the group.

Valley Bluenose

So do we top the group on goals scored (7 versus 6 for Aspire) - or do Aspire top the group due to a better goal difference (by 1 goal)?

D-Von

Rangers have strongest 2004 group, 2005 group not as strong. Scotland squads are subjective and sometimes it is who you know, and slightly weighted towards the SFA performance schools.

Being omitted from Scotland youth squads is nothing to be concerned about, it's how they are progressing at Rangers that matters.
Any idea if the Lindsay deal is set in stone?

elfideldo

Any idea if the Lindsay deal is set in stone?
Pretty sure it is, Rangers and Charlie committed to each other when he was 13. Highly rated players from Northern Ireland usually visit lots of clubs from the a young age through to 16. Charlie hasn't done that and comes over to play for Rangers during any school holidays. The rest of the time he plays for Glentoran.

I believe Rangers have been communicating with both Glentoran and Charlie's school over the last couple of years, and both benefit from the arrangement. They had a similar agreement with Lewis Mackinnon, although over a shorter period, who joined from Linfield last summer.

I obviously don't seen that many players from Northern Ireland, but I know a lot of scouts from various clubs who do. Charlie is regularly mentioned as one of the best prospect from the province in recent years. Only Ethan Galbraith a 2001 who came close to joining Rangers but chose Man Utd and Sam MClelland a 2002 at Chelsea get the same glowing reviews.

nelster

If Inter Milan won their group it looks like a 4:15 kick off against them tomorrow from the tournament website

Laudrup1

Inter lost 1-0 how does that effect who we play.
Very hard to tell as they beat the other team in their group on the 14th so if it's head to head, they'd be top regardless.

However, they've got the same goal difference as Mohammed VI but have scored one less and conceded one less so if it was on goals scored at that point, they'd be second.

If Ross97 is correct, they must be top on head to head.

Grampian Bear

Official Ticketer
I only caught the last couple of minutes of the Gers game yesterday but a good result against a team who looked a lot more mature than our team.

I watched the PSG v Barca game, it was great game and featured a lot of good players who played well beyond their years, but the standout literally, was the captain and center half for PSG as he was about twice the height of most of the Barca players and even towered over the match officials.

garytcrsc

Very hard to tell as they beat the other team in their group on the 14th so if it's head to head, they'd be top regardless.

However, they've got the same goal difference as Mohammed VI but have scored one less and conceded one less so if it was on goals scored at that point, they'd be second.

If Ross97 is correct, they must be top on head to head.
Inter finish second on goals scored. There is no head to head as they all won one game. So we play Mohammed VI Academy.

Giffnock bear

Great game well done the young bears should have got a penalty great save by the defender.
So is our game going to be on the link in the first post tomorrow? Working so want as easy an access as possible.
You can get it on the phone and laptop. I watched it on my smart tv. Alkassdigital.net