Alkass U17 Cup - Rangers Youth Win the Cup

An enjoyable watch.Some decent youngsters amongst our squad.Lets hope a few of them can step the levels.

Well that was a thoroughly enjoyable watch.
Genuinely excited to see some of the talent and technique in the Academy.

Could be Madrid in the semis.

Alex Lowry is a player i’ll be keeping an eye on. At 15 I thought he really stood out when he came on in that second half. He’s skinny but when he fills out....watch this space.

Really enjoyed watching that today.

NYC will be a top striker if he keeps focused and hopefully we have him on a decent length contract

Some other cracking prospects in there too

Kennedy. Lyall. Lorrie. O’Connor McKee

great display , most pleasing thing for me was the passing , the majority of the passes were positive , forward passing whenever possible , refreshing to watch .

Brilliant Sunday viewing that. Great team performance and could've easy been about double that scoreline. Nathan Young-Coombs certainly looks the part. Easily the worst hair cut though, or so I thought till that young lass come on in the second half :D

Again like the Raja match, never got intimidated by a bigger and dirtier side. Just cracked on, made some great shapes on the pitch and made the football do the talking. Used the squad excellently and got a cracking batch here, and a signed Xavi top for MOTM is the stuff of dreams! Keep it up and roll on Wednesday!
The streaming figures must be this tournaments highest ever numbers with Rangers in it

Well done the young Bears,that was a joy to watch.Comfortable on the ball,lovely passing and always looking to get forward to score.Some talented young players coming through our youth system.Young-Coombs looks like he could make the step up to the first team squad in the not to distant future.Looking good to go all the way in this tournament.

Dickson will be a brilliant player one day, also thought wee Lyall was quality as well, class finish for his goal.

Alex Lowry is different gravy, watched him at the Super cup last summer and thought he was a stand out then, seems to be used sparingly any time I see him, maybe because he is young for the age group. His vision and passing is fantastic for his age.

Again like the Raja match, never got intimidated by a bigger and dirtier side. Just cracked on, made some great shapes on the pitch and made the football do the talking. Used the squad excellently and got a cracking batch here, and a signed Xavi top for MOTM is the stuff of dreams! Keep it up and roll on Wednesday!
The streaming figures must be this tournaments highest ever numbers with Rangers in it

He looked happy with the signed top and even happier when the female interviewer took him aside

Some cracking play and finishes in amongst those clips , where is the boy Coombes from is he from down south ? How did we manage to get him from Chelsea ? Looks to have some ability and confidence

Last edited:
Brilliant performance from the youngsters,very impressive attitude throughout.Hold your heads high.

You can see the Academy is doing what it's supposed to. Creating and developing young talented players that are technically, mentally and physically capable of being first team players. I've no doubt that in the next few seasons, we'll see some of those players in the first team.

Thought the lads were very inspiring today lots of them comfortable and look lively when required
Really enjoyed watching that today.

NYC will be a top striker if he keeps focused and hopefully we have him on a decent length contract

Some other cracking prospects in there too

Kennedy. Lyall. Lorrie. O’Connor McKee

Agree all these boys looked very good ,Dickson also looked good ,we just need be careful at the back as our goalkeeper had to be very good too ,good luck in semi lads

a

Alex Lowry is a good player with a chance but Billy Gilmour is on an entirely different level.

I know how much you watch the youth games Elfi but I think the technique, balance and eye for a pass with Lowry looks better.
A bit more strength and weight in the next few years and I think he will be some player.

Absolutely loved watching that, quick crisp passing taking out full backs, fantastic vision and finishing. And loved listening to the commentators afterwards just so full of praise and not one negative, nope not one!!

What a load of keech.

He has just turned 16. The average time a manager lasts at a club these days is what, 2/3 years?

He signed for Rangers, not Gerrard.
Ok a young Londoner refuses bigger money to stay in London but quite bizzarely decides to leave his friends and family to come to Rangers. Its in my opinion due to Steven Gerrard. Whats your opinion?

I think that Rangers name is good enough on its own to attract a Scottish prospect, but when it comes to England the lure of playing under Steven Gerrard is enormous for any young lad.
There is a Steven Gerrard effect and it cannot be underestimated.

Ok a young Londoner refuses bigger money to stay in London but quite bizzarely decides to leave his friends and family to come to Rangers. Its in my opinion due to Steven Gerrard. Whats your opinion?
That he is signing for one of the biggest clubs in the UK, with one of the most progressive academys, who play in tournaments around the world against the best, have a fantastic structure, development & facilities, one of the best head of academy personnel in the UK and a clear pathway to the first team.

Who is the last player Watford brought through, Marvin Sordell? Our academys is fantastic and a massive attraction. It has came on massively since Muholland got a grip of it and the reputation of it is growing,

That he is signing for one of the biggest clubs in the UK, with one of the most progressive academys, who play in tournaments around the world against the best, have a fantastic structure, development & facilities, one of the best head of academy personnel in the UK and a clear pathway to the first team.

Everything u say i agree with but the gaffer does attract in that there is no doubt ..

Everything u say i agree with but the gaffer does attract in that there is no doubt ..
He may play a part, but like I said, Rangers are bigger than Steven Gerrard.

There is a slim chance this boy will play under Gerrard, he has signed for the academy.

Back