Alkass U17 Cup - Rangers Youth Win the Cup

That boy Nathan Young-Coombs looks a terrific prospect, will be watching his progress as much as I can. Ginger afro too so our DNA is interlinked.

Aspire currently winning 1-0 against Altindore with about 75 mins gone. That is the other quarter final today.

Madrid vs Kashiwa of Japan
As Roma vs Spartak Moscow.

The two other quarter finals tomorrow. The latter will put out one of the two best teams in the competition according to the commentators.

We have a good chance here.

Really enjoyed watching that today.

NYC will be a top striker if he keeps focused and hopefully we have him on a decent length contract

Some other cracking prospects in there too

Kennedy. Lyall. Lorrie. O’Connor McKee
Agree with this, although great team performance. Thought O'Connor showed his versatility playing both full back positions and centre back over the last two games. Seemed to be moved in to cover any weaknesses.
NYC was absolute quality and looks a great signing.

Really enjoyed watching the lads.

Noticed on twitter a Coach congratulated the team, saying they were a young team.

Anyone know the age group of the Competition?

Is an U17 competition - 2002 age group.
I said in another post, Rangers only have 9 2002's. The rest of the squad are 2003's with one 2004 meaning Rangers have an incredibly young squad out there

Cheers mate, makes it even more impressive.

Is an U17 competition - 2002 age group.
I said in another post, Rangers only have 9 2002's. The rest of the squad are 2003's with one 2004 meaning Rangers have an incredibly young squad out there
How does that compare to the rest of the teams age wise?

When are the semi finals being played?

That's only Kashiwa's second goal in three games - and could be enough to get them to the semis. They look very organised and keep possession well. Very difficult to break down. Real on top now after a very poor opening half hour.

Found these highlights if anybody wants a look.
Thanks for posting. NYC looks a good player right enough.

Enjoyed seeing one of the bears chuffed as anything and giving it the old "hands behind the ears" (to what were presumably opposition fans) at an U17 tournament...:)

So, Rangers v Kashiwa and Roma v Aspire in the two semi-finals then.

From the bits I saw today Kashiwa look very organised and very, very difficult to break down. It’s going to be a tough one. Roma, I thought, looked very impressive.

Back