All console games thread

I will start - cod ww2, anyone play then beta? Once they fixed a few bugs in thought it was quite good. Looking forward to the full release

Should be picking up Destiny 2 tommorow and quite looking forward to it. As not had a good multiplayer game in a while.

I will start - cod ww2, anyone play then beta? Once they fixed a few bugs in thought it was quite good. Looking forward to the full release

Not got the beta but really looking forward to this, i gave up with COD a couple of years ago when it started to go futuristic.
Glad they seemed to have listened to the fans this time

Not got the beta but really looking forward to this, i gave up with COD a couple of years ago when it started to go futuristic.
Glad they seemed to have listened to the fans this time

They really have, it feels like the old cod's

Should be picking up Destiny 2 tommorow and quite looking forward to it. As not had a good multiplayer game in a while.
Will destiny 2 have the same farming as the first one as I wasted hours on it and dnt fancy going through it again

I liked it too. I haven't enjoyed a Call of Duty games since Black Ops 2, so it's refreshing to have one that I don't hate. Not sure it'll be considered one of the greatest, but going by the Beta it's better than the last 4. I think competitive will be fantastic, I really hope they structure the competitive playlist after Black Ops 2's League Play.

I'm considering buying a PS4 mainly because there's an Isle of Man TT game coming out soon.

What sort of price are they an what's the best place to buy or even second hand

Bought an Xbox 360 when GTA V came out and never used it again after completing it and playing online for a while.

Do you know - I don't think there is a single game out there I am looking forward to arriving. And that is unusual. I am looking forward to seeing what the new Xbox can bring but having been a PC gamer for years I usually just end up back on the PC again. A few of the games recently have just disappointed but there has gone to be some real good stuff out there. A lot of games really do focus on the multiplayer/on-line stuff and I get that but it's not for me. Couldn't care less about it in fact. Would love a genuine good/great game to come out with that excellent single player campaign. Open to suggestions if I have just been ignoring what is going on.

Do you know - I don't think there is a single game out there I am looking forward to arriving. And that is unusual. I am looking forward to seeing what the new Xbox can bring but having been a PC gamer for years I usually just end up back on the PC again. A few of the games recently have just disappointed but there has gone to be some real good stuff out there. A lot of games really do focus on the multiplayer/on-line stuff and I get that but it's not for me. Couldn't care less about it in fact. Would love a genuine good/great game to come out with that excellent single player campaign. Open to suggestions if I have just been ignoring what is going on.

Far Cry 5 looks good. COD WWII and Star Wars Battlefront 2 are both due out this year. I've heard mixed reviews about COD but BF2 looks incredible. Throw in the new Assassin's Creed too which also looks amazing along with Shadow of War and you've got some of the most exciting looking games for quite sometime in my opinion.

My biggest issue is trying to decide between Fifa and Pes.

As an aside I'd love a great RTS like the old C&C or World in Conflict rebooted for the PC.

Playing F1 2017 at the moment and really enjoying it, if you take all the driving aids off you get a proper challenge just keeping the thing straight.

Far Cry 5 is really what I'm waiting for though, looks fantastic.

Barely touch my PS4 these days although a friend has given me the latest Resident Evil to play. Any good?

When is the next Red Dead Redemption due?

Ibrox won't be in FIFA 18, shocker I know...

Ridiculous considering Loftus Road's in the game, EA's infatuation with the PL.

I'm sure i've read before that Codemasters have the rights to Ibrox when they had the Rangers Club Football games out. Not sure if there is any truth in that right enough.

Barely touch my PS4 these days although a friend has given me the latest Resident Evil to play. Any good?

When is the next Red Dead Redemption due?
Latest resident evil is very good. Some really clever puzzle stuff in it. Scary as well . I recommend playing it with headphones.

Just downloaded the new DLC for Battlefield 1. Absolute stunning graphics. Spawning still a big issue. Looking forward to Assasins Creed Origins, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Wolfenstein and Forza Motorsport 7.

Just downloaded the new DLC for Battlefield 1. Absolute stunning graphics. Spawning still a big issue. Looking forward to Assasins Creed Origins, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Wolfenstein and Forza Motorsport 7.

I couldn't get in any of the maps yesterday so looking forward to playing them tonight as the one map they released last week was quality

Super Nintendo Entertainment System SNES Classic Mini

I believe these are hard to get. Do I need one ?

Any PS4 owner who hasn't yet gone out and bought Yakuza Kiwami should definitely consider it. It's not been out of my machine since its release last weekend. Another fantastic addition to a series that manages to slip under too many peoples' radars

I couldn't get in any of the maps yesterday so looking forward to playing them tonight as the one map they released last week was quality
Same mate, by the time I'd downloaded the DLC it was after 10pm, so didn't get a chance to play the "new" maps, have played the other 3 on the CTE, not overly impressed, but hopefully the developers have tweaked them. I'll get a game tonight for certain.

Star Wars: Battlefront II on PS4, Bravo Team and The Inpatient on PSVR this year and Far Cry 5 in February next year, going to be an expensive few months.

Never understood the obsession with everybody's golf, anyone care to enlighten me? Is it just the comical cartoon nature or does it actually have decent gameplay? Picked up Rory McIlroy PGA Tour the other day, first golf game I have bought in years and I'm pretty disappointed with it.

PC gamers allowed in here?

By far the superior platform for gaming these days and my favourite game at the moment has to be PUBG. The tension is unreal.

PC gamers allowed in here?

By far the superior platform for gaming these days and my favourite game at the moment has to be PUBG. The tension is unreal.
Can't wait for PUBG to come out on Xbox1 in November. It looks amazing.

Can't wait for PUBG to come out on Xbox1 in November. It looks amazing.

They will maybe have to tone the graphics down a bit as the xbox only has the equivalent of an AMD HD 7850/7870 GPU with some cut backs. The recommended specs are above that on the PC and I had to get a new PC as my old card was barely hitting 25fps. Which in a game like this is impossible to play with as any slight disadvantage and you're dead.

Superb game though, never felt tension like this in a game before and I am 34 and have been gaming all my life. I would recommend everyone buy a PC to play it. It's fast became the most popular PC game in the world, taking over games like CS:GO that have been around for ages.

I've got a Xbox one s but I only play; Fifa, NBA and Madden. Have GTA, COD all downloaded too but hardly play them.

When the new release of the sports games come out this month I'm going to have to delete games as I only got the 500gb model.

Xbox One and PS4 under the telly, but all I've been playing recently is my SNES: Super Metroid is a cracking game to this day.

where can i buy a Sega Master System power supply? wee shop on union street doesnt andneither does game,

Can you use a cheap usb adapter from poundland etc on a PS4 to add to.the two usb ports it has?

Trying to complete as much of Yakuza 0 just now before I get the new one.

Have completed the main story but still so much gameplay left in it.

Only recently picked up Batman: Return to Arkham and started Arkham Asylum last night. Looks and feels pretty awesome. Can't believe I missed them first time round on the PS3!

PC Master race loyal

maxresdefault_2048x2048.jpg

Now that I've got that out the way, enjoying Mario vs Rabbids on the Switch. XCOM style turn based strategy. Not what you would expect from a Mario game. Its cracking

I've been wanting to get Battlefield 1 for ages but I promised myself I'd finish COD Infinite Warfare first.

Never understood the obsession with everybody's golf, anyone care to enlighten me? Is it just the comical cartoon nature or does it actually have decent gameplay? Picked up Rory McIlroy PGA Tour the other day, first golf game I have bought in years and I'm pretty disappointed with it.

It's cutesy and cartoony looking in style , but highly addictive gameplay wise and quite a deep tactical system sits underneath.

There are different styles of holes
e.g. Tornado holes that draw your ball toward the pin if close enough as well as standard hole, tiny etc.

Different club and ball types such as big air, turbo spin etc which all have different advantages/disadvantages,

The game itself is played with an old school type power bar where you press to stop on the line for power then again at the bottom for accuracy. Holding up or down, left or right during this will add spin etc.

You can also level your clubs up by hitting great shots which can increase distance, lessen sway and so on and use a limited number of power shots which increase distance.

All golf factors are still present such as weather, wind speed/direction, lie, and so on, but it's just a really fun arcade game not to be taken too seriously at the end of the day.

I don't even like golf but love the game

Played it for the first time today.mechanics are sound.
Has some light RPG elements (levelling up clubs etc)
Seems easy to play but tough to master
It's actually fairly deep despite the cartoony look .
I can see why it's a well loved series

Back