All together now. For one of our own. Ben Nevis fundraiser.

LarkfiedLoyalNS

Attention Follow Follow Family! For a well known poster and my cousin...

My friends have arranged to climb Ben Nevis on Saturday, 18 April 2020. They are trying to raise fund for their friend, Marc Fairbairn my cousin, who is currently battling Motor Neurone Disease (MND). MND is a rapidly progressing terminal illness, which stops signals from the brain reaching the muscles. This leads to the muscles weakening, stiffening and wasting. Marc has now lost the ability to walk. MND also affect talking, eating, drinking and breathing.

We have also arranged a Charity Ball, to take place in Greenock Town Hall, on 2 May 2020. This will help raise funds for Marc and his family, with 50% going directly to MND, in Scotland.

Marc has had this incurable disease since he was 18 years old and he will be 30 years soon.

We also aim is to help Marc’s family get him on a trial drug programme, which is currently taking place in Edinburgh. If they are fortunate enough, any funds raised will help with travel and the cost of a wheelchair accessible car for hospital visits.

The Climb and Ball are only the start to take some of the financial burden from Marc’s family, as well as raising money for other families, who are suffering from this very rare disease.

so below is a link to a Just Giving page.

Below is also an article about Marc, which was written last year for MND Scotland.

https://www.mndscotland.org.uk/latest/news/greenock-dad-inspired-by-fernando-ricksen/

https://t.co/3ogxIdjDkc?amp=1

Can you please share Marc’s original tweet about this all here:
Any share, raising awareness, donation, raffle prize (PM me) would be so appreciated.

WATP

Attention Follow Follow Family! For a well known poster and my cousin...

My friends have arranged to climb Ben Nevis on Saturday, 18 April 2020. They are trying to raise fund for their friend, Marc Fairbairn my cousin, who is currently battling Motor Neurone Disease (MND). MND is a rapidly progressing terminal illness, which stops signals from the brain reaching the muscles. This leads to the muscles weakening, stiffening and wasting. Marc has now lost the ability to walk. MND also affect talking, eating, drinking and breathing.

We have also arranged a Charity Ball, to take place in Greenock Town Hall, on 2 May 2020. This will help raise funds for Marc and his family, with 50% going directly to MND, in Scotland.

Marc has had this incurable disease since he was 18 years old and he will be 30 years soon.

We also aim is to help Marc’s family get him on a trial drug programme, which is currently taking place in Edinburgh. If they are fortunate enough, any funds raised will help with travel and the cost of a wheelchair accessible car for hospital visits.

The Climb and Ball are only the start, and Graham and Danny hope to take some of the financial burden from Marc’s family, as well as raising money for other families, who are suffering from this very rare disease.

so below is a link to a Just Giving page.

Below is also an article about Marc, which was written last year for MND Scotland.

https://www.mndscotland.org.uk/latest/news/greenock-dad-inspired-by-fernando-ricksen/

https://t.co/3ogxIdjDkc?amp=1

Can you please share Marc’s original tweet about this all here:
Any share, raising awareness, donation, raffle prize (PM me) would be so appreciated.

WATP

Marc is a cracking guy mate, massive Rangers man. We’ll be raising money over our next few games to try and get a good donation for him. All the best for it!

Don't do internet banking or anything like that, But would be willing to donate something to you, For your cousin, At our next home game.

I sometimes give it a miss too when it means registering up and giving out bank details. This one has a 1 click link to paypal if that helps

Good luck with this mate.

Jorg Albertz is no stranger to the Ben, maybe worth trying to get in touch with him to see if he could add something to your cause?

Thanks team, every little helps, even if you can’t donate, a share on social media would be great anything to raise awareness.

The response from it just starting on Monday has been great. Marc is going to try and get a thank you video made up this weekend, will post it if and when he does!

Back