Allan Campbell Motherwell

This guys name keeps cropping up. Is he any better than what we’ve got? One things for sure, he’ll be motherwells man of the match on Sunday and we’ll have everybody saying we should sign him.

I think he’d be a great signing.

Looks better than Docherty did when we first showed an interest.

That's where I'm at too - is he better than Docherty who couldn't get into the first team? or would he get into the first team because he'd be a Wilson / Gerrard signing.

There is no player that plays in other teams in this league, apart from the Tims, who would improve us. And we need a couple of players who walk into the first team, not more squad fillers who we hope will do us a turn.

The standard and calibre of player we face this season is as shite as it has ever been.

So it's a no from me.

There is no player that plays in other teams in this league, apart from the Tims, who would improve us. And we need a couple of players who walk into the first team, not more squad fillers who we hope will do us a turn.

The standard and calibre of player we face this season is as shite as it has ever been.

So it's a no from me.
Maybe not our first 11. But we had Jamie Barjonas on the bench on Sunday because our lack of midfielders available. There’s other Spl player who would improve our squad.

Hastie springs to mind

Biggest difference is that Campbell has impressed for a couple of seasons and Hastie was a short term show of promise.

Timing drove us to sign Hastie as his contract was up. So far, it's a punt that hasn't worked out.

In terms of Campbell, I think he has a lot of potential, but I'm not sure how he'd do when stepping up. We will need Scottish players for European squads, so if our youngsters in the short term aren't considered better than him, I'd be happy to see us sign him and see how he does.

Is he different to the midfielders we already have at the club - some one last night said he was a similar style of player to what we've already got at the club.

Can he boss a midfield.

Does he have the ability to up the tempo, play with urgency, find these quick passes, raise his game when under pressure.

Would be walk into our team and improve it or is yet another average Scottish footballer that would only be here to make up the numbers?

I read that he's started the season playing slightly higher up the park, even when David Turnbull was still in the team.

2 goals and 0 assists thus far in the league and Europa qualifiers.

This place can be depressing at times

A bang average midfielder that’s no better than what we have.

But aye, he’s the signing we need to take us to another level.

Maybe not our first 11. But we had Jamie Barjonas on the bench on Sunday because our lack of midfielders available. There’s other Spl player who would improve our squad.

We don’t need bench players

We need players who will improve our 11. That in turn will mean some of those midfielders that started the other day would become bench players therefore improving the squad

Strong, direct and a good eye for goal. Doesn't seem the most skillful or fastest though. A midfield version of Kris boyd. So not really going to help improve what we have.

We don’t need bench players

We need players who will improve our 11. That in turn will mean some of those midfielders that started the other day would become bench players therefore improving the squad
I agree , my reply was about players improving our squad no first 11.

Celtic don't have the luxury of no pressure now, Turnbull or Campbell couldn't be bedded in in the same way Mcgregor or Forrest were.

The name pops up every other week, have we been linked in any way or form anywhere?

My knowledge of other Scottish MFs is quite limited, but IMHO, the one that I can envisage improving our CM/AM quite a bit instantly would be Stuart Armstrong. He though is sure out of our price range for the time being.

The name pops up every other week, have we been linked in any way or form anywhere?

My knowledge of other Scottish MFs is quite limited, but IMHO, the one that I can envisage improving our CM/AM quite a bit instantly would be Stuart Armstrong. He though is sure out of our price range for the time being.

We were sniffing about him a few weeks back but not sure it was much more than that.

Heading to Celtic i hear.

Sure If that was the case they would have signed him and Turnbull at the sane time.

Not sure they even need anymore mids.

Don’t think in all honesty he is anywhere near good enough for us as we need a improvement on what we have.

I’d see him as an eventual replacement for Jack. Would we want to pay for him now as a backup? I’m not so sure. I can see the Dhims taking the chance on him as backup/replacement for Brown though. I think he‘s good enough to play for either of us.

We sold McRorie for £500k and he’s much better than Campbell.
McRorie would have been the perfect sub on Sunday when we needed muscle in the last 20mins

This all day long. Someone posted about him and claimed we would have seen the game out if we had Campbell in the team. I’m guessing that poster never seen him being part of the Motherwell side that threw away a 2-0 lead away to Coleraine

We sold McRorie for £500k and he’s much better than Campbell.
McRorie would have been the perfect sub on Sunday when we needed muscle in the last 20mins
Is 'McCrorie shouldn't have been sold' going to be the default position either when results don't go our way, or whenever he scores for Aberdeen? This is a player who hadn't played very often the last season, perhaps he even played in his club's loss at the weekend. He's a good player, and I hope he has a great career, but would he really have made a difference against Hibs in that game?

Back