Allan Campbell

BlueSevenTwo

7 clean sheets and two goals away from home vs a tough away team. Sloppy defending and not being clinical is all it was today. I dont think it's because players have no heart.

Think we need to calm down a tad imo.

We missed aribo and jack and goldson had a rare off day.
Goldson has a mistake in him every game , when we are on top it doesn’t get noticed , today it was crucial , he for one crumbled thereafter but he knows he will not be dropped.

Arkanoid

Aw fk naw.
If Rangers score 2 we should be winning games, it's not an Ardiles Spurs we support. Just because we didn't win means we suddenly need to panic buy in areas we already know need strengthening

Arkanoid

7 clean sheets and two goals away from home vs a tough away team. Sloppy defending and not being clinical is all it was today. I dont think it's because players have no heart.

Think we need to calm down a tad imo.

We missed aribo and jack and goldson had a rare off day.
...and went top of the league. Have the vermin went away to the sheep and Trainspotting yet? We're in a good place

Laudrup11Cooper

He won’t get a job of note in management again if he fails here.
His name still carries weight down south, where this league is regarded by many, as a pub league!
And to many his notable achievements, will be the European results.

He will be fine.
I'm more worried about us.

cooprfc

I must’ve imagined the first goal where a guy strolled into the box to score while our midfielders watched him.

Which player is currently injured - other than Ryan Jack - who can do what he does for us?

That's not getting overrun tho is it? Overrun in midfield is being unable to take control of the game due to the other team having a higher tempo and more men in there.

Everyone fit and we have Scott arfield, glen Kamara and quite possibly Ianis Hagi sitting on the bench to turn to. That's why we are down to just Barjonas.

erskine bear

Kyle Lafferty
Flo Kamberi
Jake Hastie
Jordan Jones
Glen Kamara

Some were good enough. Some not so. But you have just made that up.
Ryan Jack, Allan McGregor, Jon McLaughlin. Could go on, realistically few players in the Scottish game are worth buying.

cooprfc

Ryan Jack, Allan McGregor, Jon McLaughlin. Could go on, realistically few players in the Scottish game are worth buying.

Absolutely mate. My post was focusing on guys who have came in the door from a Scottish club in Gerrard's tenure. I also forgot Greg Stewart.

erskine bear

Absolutely mate. My post was focusing on guys who have came in the door from a Scottish club in Gerrard's tenure. I also forgot Greg Stewart.
The stranger of the signings, could suggest Barker also. I agree with you totally, is it justifiable to throw £3.5m at Scottish players who have been ‘ok’. It absolutely isn’t, people forget the financial difference Celtic have.

Means we need to be wiser, realistically I don’t think any player in the league comes into our starting eleven and very few make our squad.

I don’t think there is any anti- Scots or English arrogance involved. Just better value for money in most cases, evidently the ones he does rate will be signed.

cooprfc

Made what up?
I have just given my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

You said "unfortunately Gerrard just doesn't rate Scottish players. Especially ones that haven't been playing in any other league!
Don't think he rates the scottish game either."

I've given you several players brought in from other Scottish teams during his tenure. So you've made up that he doesn't rate the Scottish game. He clearly will take a player from here if he thinks theyre good enough.

barrheadbear

"Hes technically good, but not great "

Sign him up

We dont need guys who run run and run all day with no quality.

We need a penalty box predator. We created enough easy chances today to win the game but since this season started it seems we need 4 chances for every goal scored.

Our midfield did not cost us two points today. Admittedly our defending was poor but the real problem is IMHO the lack of a killer instinct in front of goal, our forwards fluff good chances game after game, today being another perfect example.

Perhaps a goalscoring midfielder might help but our forwards need to be shown how to finish, our conversion rate from good chances created is both rotten and costly.

Laudrup11Cooper

You said "unfortunately Gerrard just doesn't rate Scottish players. Especially ones that haven't been playing in any other league!
Don't think he rates the scottish game either."

I've given you several players brought in from other Scottish teams during his tenure. So you've made up that he doesn't rate the Scottish game. He clearly will take a player from here if he thinks theyre good enough.
Ok again in your opinion out of that list how many have been a success?
And are still with us playing regularly?

By the way... Jones, Kamara and Stewart, and Hastie have all played in England at some point.
Kamberi came from a Swiss league, and Lafferty has played everywhere!
I am talking about home grown talent.
Like Campbell.

Cooperfan

If we’re looking for energy and dig in the midfield we could do worse than sign this guy. He’s technically good, but not great, but I can’t help feel we’d have won today with him in the team. Very much of the Stuart McCall mould. Covers every blade of grass and wins the ball. Maybe not one for high level European games but for a guaranteed injection of energy domestically he would be the player.
I'm not being funny but Jason Holt covered every blade of grass. I liked the player, as you do anyone who gives everything, but ultimately he wasn't talented enough.

cooprfc

Ok again in your opinion out of that list how many have been a success?
And are still with us playing regularly?

By the way... Jones, Kamara and Stewart, and Hastie have all played in England at some point.
Kamberi came from a Swiss league, and Lafferty has played everywhere!
I am talking about home grown talent.
Like Campbell.

Several of them haven't been a success. If anything that shows why he wouldn't take from the Scottish game but he has repeatedly.

Hastie has the exact same background as Campbell.

So he wil take him if he is good enough. But Campbell would struggle to get on our bench. Jack, Aribo, Kamara, Davis and Arfield are all better than him.

And we aren't signing someone who isn't going to challenge for a start. We've spent a summer getting rid of guys like that.

Laudrup11Cooper

I think you have just made my point.
Gerrard doesn't rate scottish home grown players.

That is why Campbell will probably never come to Rangers.
Shankland may also never for the same reason.
Again yes...it's just my opinion from what has happened.So far.

cooprfc

I think you have just made my point.
Gerrard doesn't rate scottish home grown players.

That is why Campbell will probably never come to Rangers.
Shankland may also never for the same reason.
Again yes...it's just my opinion from what has happened.So far.

Campbell will never come to Rangers because he isn't good enough mate. Gerrard has shown he will move for guys in the Scottish game as per the list I gave you and even signed Hastie who has the exact same, arguably lesser, background as Campbell.

He is your average SPFL footballer. That's all.

Bluejays1972

If we’re looking for energy and dig in the midfield we could do worse than sign this guy. He’s technically good, but not great, but I can’t help feel we’d have won today with him in the team. Very much of the Stuart McCall mould. Covers every blade of grass and wins the ball. Maybe not one for high level European games but for a guaranteed injection of energy domestically he would be the player.
Out of contract at the end of the season and a player who i would welcome to the squad as he offers something we don't have!!

CooperOnTheWing

We would have won today if we had Alan Campbell playing, fucking hate when we drop points cos you have to suffer utter fucking garbage like this for days on end
Interesting quote from yesterday.
“McInnes stated the best player on the pitch - Allan Campbell -wore a Motherwell strip.

He added: “Campbell came up and plays to win points, we played to play a game of football.

“Campbell encapsulated Motherwell’s performance. “

“We needed more Allan Campbell’s in our team today.”

change consent