Allan Hutton

Context is everything, don’t just read the headline.

“I think you always have to think about it, you’re not daft and he definitely won’t be daft.

“You’ve always got to think of the situation that the club’s in and he’s obviously got aspirations and dreams to manage at a high level.

“If there was a top Championship team, or a Premier League team, I think he would have a think about it.

"But at the moment in time, he’s very into was he’s doing and that’s building something at Rangers.

“He’s building a young, hungry team to go forward and compete against Celtic and that’s his main aim at the moment.

"I don’t think it would look great if he jumped ship early doors.

Is he the sponsored rent a gub for this Football insider now? Always got an opinion on something

Now saying Gerrard would be daft to turn down the Leeds United job.

Why would you want to leave here on cusp of building something to go there.

Says if a top Championship club comes in he'll definitely have a think as he'll want to manage at a high level. What a knob.

“I think you always have to think about it, you’re not daft and he definitely won’t be daft.

“You’ve always got to think of the situation that the club’s in and he’s obviously got aspirations and dreams to manage at a high level.

“If there was a top Championship team, or a Premier League team, I think he would have a think about it.

"But at the moment in time, he’s very into was he’s doing and that’s building something at Rangers.

“He’s building a young, hungry team to go forward and compete against Celtic and that’s his main aim at the moment.

I cant believe you've read what he actually said instead of just jumping in two-footed. Remember where you are ffs.

Is he the sponsored rent a gub for this Football insider now? Always got an opinion on something

I'm not one to bad mouth ex Gers players, but I've got a mate who is quite senior in our hospitality staff and let's just say Alan Hutton wasn't the most compliant and civil hospitality speaker the club's ever had.

Night and day compared to proper Rangers legends like Bud, Colin Stein, Peter McLoy, Ian Ferguson, John Brown etc.

I'd prefer that the player Harry Redknapp described as the "worst professional he'd ever worked with" kept his opinions to himself.

Leeds in the Premier League is definitely a job that would interest the majority of managers; especially if they get backed financially. The slog of the Championship with no guarantee of promotion is a different matter all together and too many managers end up on the hiring and sacking merry go round between the Championship and League 1 with no prospect of getting a big job no matter who they are.

Football Insider writes inane articles then pays people to put names to it. It used to be Jackie Macnamara was they name. Now it appears to be Hutton.
I’ve hidden Football Insider, Transfer Tavern and HITC from my Rangers News aggregator on NewsNow as it’s just a stream of rubbish from them.

Leeds in the Premier League is definitely a job that would interest the majority of managers; especially if they get backed financially. The slog of the Championship with no guarantee of promotion is a different matter all together and too many managers end up on the hiring and sacking merry go round between the Championship and League 1 with no prospect of getting a big job no matter who they are.

If Bielsa gets Leeds promoted (and thankfully it looks like happening this year at long last) then he'll be going nowhere.

The support absolutely love him and the football he's got them playing.

Hutton, McAvennie and Whelan are their go to men.

There was something about hutton i never took to.
An average player who hit it lucky.

There was that 5 month spell at the start of 07/08 where he looked absolutely brilliant - genuinely EPL class, which led to the Spurs move. But if you take those 5 months out of his 4/5 year Rangers career then I completely agree with you. To get £9m for him on the back of those 5 months was a great bit of business, not a chance we'd be turning it down.

There was that 5 month spell at the start of 07/08 where he looked absolutely brilliant - genuinely EPL class, which led to the Spurs move. But if you take those 5 months out of his 4/5 year Rangers career then I completely agree with you. To get £9m for him on the back of those 5 months was a great bit of business, not a chance we'd be turning it down.
Thanks, an average player over his long career was mainly my thoughts.
Yes, a six month purple patch with us.

Correct he was anything but average but incorrect we forced him out, both parties were looking for a move as his s agent had been actively pursuing it for months before he left
According to some people on this very forum, we actively wanted the money for him and he didn't want to go. Wasn't his GF pregnant at the time too?

Tbf, Hutton was excellent for around 18 months. He did have a spell of 6 months or so where he was the very heart of our team. Everything, absolutely everything went through him.

Always wonder what could have been that season had we not sold him until the end of the season.

EPL money better players. However I doubt he’d go as he said he didn’t want to play or manage against Liverpool.

Maybe it was just where i stayed growing up( born 66) and mainly council but some private but all the allan s ( 2 Ls ) were posh.
However any spelling defined the person to be a prod back then.
I'm an Alan and it does my nut in when people e mail me and text me calling me Allan and worse Allen. It makes an L of a difference.

Pish. He was anything but average.

I was gutted we forced him out.
Cant remember many games where he played well...a bit like Dave mcPherson at times you knew a mistake would come soon.
He was a player who you didnt want to hold on to the ball for too long

I'm an Alan and it does my nut in when people e mail me and text me calling me Allan and worse Allen. It makes an L of a difference.
Believe it or not but the amount of problems i get when speaking to english companies with regards to Billy ( forename but really william on the birth certificate).
I usually have to spell it.
If there anybody in England called Billy i often wonder.

He used to just glide by players during that last half season.

Was looking for footage of the Stuttgart game on Youtube but seems to have been taken down.Won the penalty by taking it past about 3 defenders before being sythed down

Cant remember many games where he played well...a bit like Dave mcPherson at times you knew a mistake would come soon.
Its hard to define Davy, but he did do a good job for us and Hearts.
Played a hellava lot of games for both sides.
Walter brung him back which says a lot.

That’s not what he said but I get your point.

I'd take Bielsa in that swap, but why would Gerrard take a step backwards?
Did he explain that part...Lampard went from Derby to Chelsea, that's kind of how these things work

I’d go as far as saying - don’t read the headline.

For all his faults, there'll be plenty of players out there who wish they had the career, medals & caps McPherson's got...

Hutton had a great career and was a very good right wing back he was excellent for us and brought the club good money

Considering his attacking prowess and athleticism from RB got us £9 million your comment makes absolutely no sense at all

Believe it or not but the amount of problems i get when speaking to english companies with regards to Billy ( forename but really william on the birth certificate).
I usually have to spell it.
If there anybody in England called Billy i often wonder.

Aye,my boy.

Tbf, Hutton was excellent for around 18 months. He did have a spell of 6 months or so where he was the very heart of our team. Everything, absolutely everything went through him.

Always wonder what could have been that season had we not sold him until the end of the season.

We lost the league by three points that season.

I think the Alan Hutton we sold was worth more points to us than that.

We are a bigger club but unfortunately for us our league is fooking abysmall and the championship is a level above whether we like it or not
The SFA and SPFL have not improved our game one bit, corruption abounds and the game won't improve until the junta is gone.

A bit different from the headline.

Back