Allan McGregor No1 in Europe?

Few teams have fewer GA than us but they're generally considered better sides (man united, wolves, sevilla) with better defences. Not sure I'd go as far as he's the best keeper based off that (haven't watched all games either) but he's definitely up there.

If he was as good at goalkeeping as he is at shagging he’d be some keeper.

Oh wait, he fùcking is!

EJcUM3iXkAAHQKa

A moonhowler on the comments said forster is twice the goalie mcgregor is must be some glue hes sniffing

mate these clowns will go back into their box once we are winning cups and leagues again. They have had it easy for so long that they simply have taken their eyes of the stuff going on at their own club.

it will be popcorn time for the bears once the orcs start turning their attention to the downsizing and dross they have at their club.

McGregor would have become a legend up there with being talked of as our greatest goalkeeper ever if it hadn't been for 2012.
He would by now have racked up a huge amount of games domestically and in Europe.
He was cheated of his historical status.
One might think.

mate these clowns will go back into their box once we are winning cups and leagues again. They have had it easy for so long that they simply have taken their eyes of the stuff going on at their own club.

it will be popcorn time for the bears once the orcs start turning their attention to the downsizing and dross they have at their club.

Agree. 15m loss a year if no CL Group Stages or player sales.

Win the league this year & the House of Cards falling gets a step closer.

McGregor would have become a legend up there with being talked of as our greatest goalkeeper ever if it hadn't been for 2012.
He would by now have racked up a huge amount of games domestically and in Europe.
He was cheated of his historical status.
One might think.

That’s actually a very good point.

I'm happy to say that Forster is a decent goalie, that McGregor, Forest and their striker are good players for them. Most of them cannot acknowledge when a good player plays for Rangers, its permanent denial.

He's our born 'n bred mentalcase. I like how he goes about that backline. No one is safe.

I love these twitter threads. Within 5 posts there is a shapeshifter putting vids of whatever the poet keeper is called. Do they never sleep these people?

Fantastic goalkeeper and so glad he came back home. Already stressing about how we will find someone as good to fill his boots. Hopefully not required for a couple of seasons yet though.

I think its actually mental how under the radar he has went throughout his career. Could easily make it, even at this late stage of his career, as first pick at a top, top club.

Goram was that good that I believe a lot of supporters think that nobody could possibly come along and be better. I honestly think McGregor has done that.
Tbf there might be something in that.
When I was watching Andy I had nothing but confidence in him at all times. That is how good he was . And I’m pretty sure I speak for 99% of the support at the time. He was that good.
Allan is not far behind him. Thankfully.

He's better than Goram for me, who was the benchmark. McGregor has been pulling off wonder saves on a more regular basis than Goram did.
His historical Rangers status as a future legend and Hall of Famer is pretty concrete.

He’s really not and he really hasn’t. I love McGregor to bits but Goram was far less error prone too.

Tbf there might be something in that.
When I was watching Andy I had nothing but confidence in him at all times. That is how good he was . And I’m pretty sure I speak for 99% of the support at the time. He was that good.
Allan is not far behind him. Thankfully.
People watching Cooper would have felt the same then Laudrup came along, it's a daft comparison I know.

I'm a new joiner here but I'm interested to know what the general consensus was behind his sending off against Hibs last season?

I know he's a bit crazy at times but that was particularly mental and unnecessary IMO.

My theory is he did it to get suspended so Foderingham could have an Old Firm send off, as there was a lot of talk about Foddy leaving in the summer. The league was gone at that point after all.

Like I say, just interested to get other opinions/knowledge about it, as it seemed unusual to me.

I'm a new joiner here but I'm interested to know what the general consensus was behind his sending off against Hibs last season?

I know he's a bit crazy at times but that was particularly mental and unnecessary IMO.

My theory is he did it to get suspended so Foderingham could have an Old Firm send off, as there was a lot of talk about Foddy leaving in the summer. The league was gone at that point after all.

Like I say, just interested to get other opinions/knowledge about it, as it seemed unusual to me.

He did it because he wears his heart on his sleeve and is prone to moments of absolute fucking madness. Its the kind of thing i would do on a football pitch if i got angry, just absolutely obliterate some prick.

Back