Allan McGregor or Jon McLaughlin

Who should be 1st Choice.

• McGregor

Votes: 744 45.7%
  • McLaughlin

Votes: 884 54.3%

• Total voters
Mclaughlin has to stay 1st pick until such times as he makes a clanger or gets injured , hes done nothing wrong and his distributon i would say i better than mcgregors tbh . mcgregors just going to have to wait his turn much the same as the 2nd choice had to waits theirs

McLaughlin has done nothing to deserve to lose his place and he is establishing a good partnership with the back 4. McGregor will get his chance at some point.

Going against the grain here but I'm a fan of playing your best goalie - its too important a position to tinker with - so I'd go with McGregor next week. If his form dips and he's making mistakes then I would have zero issue with McLaughlin getting the nod but I would give McGregor his chance to retain the #1 spot
I agree about playing your best #1 going bu comments on here most seem to think thats mcglaughlin. Commands box better, better with ball at feet etc, whalt makes mcgregor better ?

McLaughlin has the gloves to loose.

I don’t think he’s as good a shot stopper as McGregor but time will tell.

I agree about playing your best #1 going bu comments on here most seem to think thats mcglaughlin. Commands box better, better with ball at feet etc, whalt makes mcgregor better ?
Shot stopping possibly, McLaughlin appears to be a better all round keeper at the moment

Should McGregor when fully fit get the start or do you continue with McLaughlin ?

Close call for me but Jon has done nothing wrong this season and looks to be better with the ball at his feet.
I cant see how McGregor has seemingly lost the position.. i also get that McLaughlin hasnt made any mistakes but has he really been tested? More over, will McGregor be happy warming the bench and being no.2?

McLaughlin is better with the ball at his feet and more inclined to come for crosses but McGregor is an outstanding shot stopper, good at 1 on 1s and a level above in my opinion. Both are good enough to play in a league winning team so its not the worst problem to have.

McLaughlin has been caught out a few times already at cross balls this season. Only listening to game but apparently he was lucky to get a free kick against Hibs today when struggling to deal with a cross ball.

McLaughlin has been caught out a few times already at cross balls this season. Only listening to game but apparently he was lucky to get a free kick against Hibs today when struggling to deal with a cross ball.
He wasn’t lucky. He was coming for a corner and was clearly blocked. What radio station?

nonsense it was a clear foul

He wasn’t lucky. He was coming for a corner and was clearly blocked. What radio station?
Radio Scotland. Think it was one of the ex-players on commentary that said it. Haven't seen the incident yet but I have seen a couple of mistakes at cross balls earlier in the season.

Radio Scotland. Think it was one of the ex-players on commentary that said it. Haven't seen the incident yet but I have seen a couple of mistakes at cross balls earlier in the season.
He is a massive improvement on McGregor when it comes to dealing with crosses

It was only going to take 1 goal to change it - even if we won the game.

AM will start midweek and at the weekend.

Nothing is surer.
Don’t see it. He didn’t do anything wrong today and pulled off a wonder save in the first half.

I think McLaughlin will be disappointed with the first. Although was frustrating that Barisic didn’t get out quicker as the first touch was terrible. That aside, I thought McLaughlin was fine and made some decent saves. Really don’t think it’s a position to worry about.

I think McLaughlin will be disappointed with the first. Although was frustrating that Barisic didn’t get out quicker as the first touch was terrible. That aside, I thought McLaughlin was fine and made some decent saves. Really don’t think it’s a position to worry about.

If its the clearance off the line it was hardly a world class save it was a reaction save.

I really like McLaughlin, and he was a huge part of that clean sheet run, but McGregor saves their first, no question.

He isn't as comfortable with the ball at his feet, but he knows how to position a defense.

I'm raging about today, and probably letting my emotions get ther better of me, but I would absolutely have Shagger back in.

One thing I like about McLaughlin is that he comes for most cross balls / corners.

McGregor literally stays on his line for balls that land in our 6 yard box and it’s my biggest pet hate with him as it puts us under unnecessary pressure

Based on what?

Why is it unfortunate he’s has very little to do? :)

McLaughlin has shown a couple of times he has great reflexes. He also is far better with the ball at his feet and commands his box better. Couple of times today he came and McGregor would’ve been rooted to his line.

People aren’t being objective because of their, admittedly understandable, man love for McGregor.
Based on his shagging rather than his actual goalkeeping. He is a good goalie btw.

Shagger would probalbly have catched that Doidges offside/foul goal at the weekend. There's nothing wrong in McLaughlin. Gamesavers just don't live in him like they live in Shagger.
I’m all for reasonable debate but to suggest McGregor would be more inclined to come off his line for that goal is laughable. He’s been rooted to his line when crosses have been an arms length away.

I'd have chosen McLaughlin tonight on the basis he has been playing really good, Brilliant at coming for crosses and has great distribution. McGregor was magnificent tonight however and SG got it right

Back