Allan McGregor

A wee appreciation thread for our goalie who now has 247 clean sheets in his career.

Since the start of the 21st century he is 13th for most clean sheets behind the likes of Buffon, Casillas, Neuer etc. and is only a few I believe behind Rui Patricio.

Outstanding Achievement.
This will be controversial on here, but he's our greatest ever GK. Fact.

We've always been blessed with great goalkeepers! I loved Klos, and Goram will always be The Goalie and many will say our best ever. But for me its Shagger. It just is!
Picking out of those three is like trying to pick your favourite wain. Or trying to figure out which one of The Saturdays you'd shag first. Torn inside even trying to decide.

Love how he always chests ball down keeps it out his hands for as long as possible always maximises opportunity to wind up the strikers.
Loves it when striker tries to block his punts he blasts it at them then starts bawling at ref.
Cracks me up!!

Well done Shagger.
Screenshot-20201029-234517-Chrome.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Some advert to be below your comment :oops:

An area of the team we have never needed to spend real money on.

What's our biggest outlay? Jesper Christiansen? Lol
£600k for Chris Woods. Decent money in the mid 80s and worth every penny.

I was living in Hackney at the time but would get a train up about once a month to watch us and Woods was a revelation. The first time in my puff I had watched a Rangers keeper that was consistently reliable and an athlete.

Woods set the bar for future Rangers goalies to reach.

As it has been with a lot of our Goalkeepers, he doesn’t have too much to do in games, But when called upon he is usually very reliable and has saved us many times with great saves. Hopefully he keeps the form going with clean sheets.

Get that full GK list posted OP.

At this rate he will be number 1 by the time the season is out. We don’t concede shots on target never mind goals.

In my lifetime I can properly remember Goram, Klos and McGregor. For me McGregor is the best of those three. Goram has soured his memories in recent years. Didnt cover himself in glory all the time as a player either with his behaviour. Klos was a great keeper too but for me McGregor is the best.

Picking out of those three is like trying to pick your favourite wain. Or trying to figure out which one of The Saturdays you'd shag first. Torn inside even trying to decide.

I dont like either of my kids!

and Frankie everyday of the week and n holidays

Back