Allan McGregor

Legendary Rangers keeper, in my top 3 with Goram and Woods.

Could have a difference in opinion in who of the 3 is best or who served club best, but tbh It wouldnt be worth it to argue over it with anyone.

2Iq2QJo.gif

I lost it when Gio brought him on in the last minute for his swansong!
Classy gesture for a classy player!
Thanks for the many many happy memories Greegs!

A great and well deserved touch bringing him on.
That’s the way to look after and acknowledge players for dedicated service to the club.

Bet there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. Well deserved.
I have to say, I wasn't expecting that. When I turned and saw him on the touchline I immediately welled up. I've been on here enough this season shouting for him to be dropped, but there's absolutely no denying he's a Rangers hall of famer. He's going to be sorely missed.

Thank you Greegs.

Felt a tear coming on when i saw him coming on for the last few minutes and also at the end when everyone was chanting his name,looked as if he was starting to well up

We've had some world class keepers through the years and Greegsy's a contender for the best of the bunch. He's saved us far too many times to mention!

I like Jon McLaughlin and he's done a great job when he's stepped in, but if he's our No.1 next year then I feel we're starting with a downgrade in a key position. On the flip side, we'll struggle to afford another McGregor in today's market!

Thanks for everything Mcgregor honestly the best rangers keeper I've seen and I've seen a few. All the best for the future. it's going to take a special keeper to get that Jersey. WATP

One of the all time greats.

What a substitution by Gio, nearly lifted the roof off.

If there was ever a man of the temperament to replace Jimmy Bell in the backroom, it's Allan McGregor. As a goalie coach, a sporting ambassador or even a goalkeeping scout, Allan would be a credit to our club and scare the shite out of new signings for decades to come. Legend

surely he has another season in him.feel so sad with all these players who might be going.

We've been blessed with some sensational keepers over the last 30 or so years so the fact you could argue greegsy is the best in that company shows you just how good he's been for us over 2 spells.

A true rangers legend.

A Rangers legend pure and simple

and I truly hope he leaves now on a high with a couple of medals ,I don't want him hanging about and tarnishing his legacy .

We are brutal support at times and one mistake next season and folk will forget his achievements and start getting on his case .

Back