Allan McGregor

Undoubtedly a great keeper but the nonsense with the wee kicks at opponents and that ranting and raving today make one thing clear

We need to be looking at a replacement pretty soon
I think there’s more positions to worry about than the Goalkeeper ffs

He should concentrate on his own game & cutting out errors he makes.
My opinion also,all the arms waving,ranting and raving ffs,concentrate on your own job and you might actually keep the ball out the net.
Captain material my arse.

Good keeper,true Rangers man,proven winner as a Rangers player but seems like a man possessed at times which is a concern

He fücked up at the goal but he was 100% right to be screaming at the players in front of him to up the tempo.

It was so bad that he had to run half the length of the pitch to try and get the ball off the killie player so we could get going....

Something that our captain could’ve/should’ve been doing from about 10yds away!!!

Nobody else notice McGregor booting the ball at the referee but missed after the Goldson challenge at end of match?

I agree, just pointing out the issues we have with him at the moment. His behaviour while showing a passion, isn't helping

It didn't do any harm either did it?

Please explain how how him going off his nut early in the game and charging out for the booking has any correlation to conceding the goal.

It didn't do any harm either did it?

Please explain how how him going off his nut early in the game and charging out for the booking has any correlation to conceding the goal.
Maybe his concentration wasn't on the game. Something was pissing him off

He needs to channel the aggression. He has been a bit OTT of late which led to a stupid booking and selling a goal today.
What you have said is correct Oduwa but I guess that there are many of us who can identify with McGregor being a bit OTT of late.

What was up with him today?
Early on he’s ranting and raving like a lunatic,he then charges to the halfway line and gets himself booked,continues ranting and gesticulating at the CB’s instead of focusing on his own game,he then charges off his line and sells the jerseys for the goal.
He was a liability today.
He makes a lady's front bottom of himself most often. (look at me)

Unfortunately for McGregor the sort of players we have at the moment do not react well to a bollocking, they need a cuddle and an arm around their shoulders, hence the shit performances when the chips are down. So what if McGregor was having a go at them, that's what keeps you on your toes when you're a defender. He's saved us many a time so I can forgive him a rush of blood now and then.

Disagree he didn’t need to be there. Made the decision easy for the attacker imo.

I think it’s one of those ones where you have to make the decision early. The guy had the pace on katic so McGregor obviously fancied himself more

Early on he’s ranting and raving like a lunatic,he then charges to the halfway line and gets himself booked,continues ranting and gesticulating at the CB’s instead of focusing on his own game,he then charges off his line and sells the jerseys for the goal.
He’s not a liability he’s making the point his captain is fecking useless ... not saying tavernier is a bad player . Just not a captain of the Glasgow Rangers

He shows passion every game and is the captain in that team without a doubt, he just doesn’t have the armband

Tav should be taking a leaf out his book and opening his mouth to rally the players

As far as im concerned, if you can’t handle a bollocking off a team-mate then you should t be at our club.

Greggs is one of the very few out there who know what it takes to win, is one of us and has high standards.

Our standards shouldn’t drop to meet the players, the players should be rising up to meet our standards.

He ran out faster to bollock whoever it was at the half way line than for their goal. He's saved our skin a lot this season but had a few poor moments recently.

He looked like a 50 years old careering out for a ball he was never getting, realising he wasn't getting it and basically just stop. Horrendous error. Luckily he's only had two or three of them this season. At least he seems to care

Hard to appreciate what he is up to for their goal, especially when we needed to keep it tight today and get this game won. Reckless.

His concentration was effected today.

He was trying to lift the team and this effected his own game.

What I would give for another five or six with his passion and aggression.
I agree. It's maybe a good example of why it's not the best idea to have a goalkeeper as captain.

Was his booking justified? Have many keepers been booked for dissent this season? Was it proportionate considering other offences during the game? Was the ref a cheating kunt?

Your having a laugh.He is watching square pass after square pass with no urgency in front of him and you want him to ignore it ?

So why does he run beyond the halfway line to get a booking,, that was just mental. Strangely enough his tantrum didn't improve our play.

The goal we lost wasn't all down to him but it looked like he'd lost his focus so he should get his sh.it together & leave the other stuff to the manager or, hopefully, a real captain

Frustration, I’d say.
He’s doing what our outfield players should be doing and let the football world know we won’t meekly lie down.
Their goal though was just madness.

He had totally lost the plot come the goal, he was like a supporter on the pitch, not defending his mistake but the only player the really cares about our results, the rest will be over it before they even wake up this morning.

Undoubtedly a great keeper but the nonsense with the wee kicks at opponents and that ranting and raving today make one thing clear

We need to be looking at a replacement pretty soon

Yeah, what we need is another spineless coward in the side who’ll just stand with a wee petted lip feeling sorry for himself when we’re losing.

Not only is McGregor the top keeper in Scotland, he’s a leader and has the right mentality which is lacking in the majority of our squad.

About time somebody started dishing out some bollockings on the pitch. A winning and captain's mentality. Something which is sadly missing from too many of the players.

He is getting frustrated as he knows we are giving the games / points away because the outfield players are either not good enough or lazy ba$tards either way they are not performing to Rangers and winning standards, and he's pissed, I share his frustration as many of us do as well.

He had an off-day.

If anyone in the side has earned one of them it’s McGregor.

His frustration has reached boiling point. He’s as pissed off as the rest of us.

Unfortunately McGregor is the only ba$%ard we have at Ibrox . The only player the opposition would be a wee bit wary of . Today we will go 10 points behind a team who have barely been out of 3rd gear all season , sold their best asset at the start of the season , and whose best goal scorer has had a mental breakdown . Think on this , if we had not brought AM back it would be 15 points .

I am convinced he does this ranting and raving for show for the "McGregor should be captain because he shouts at people" brigade. Unfortunately offshore so I couldnt attend but watched on RTV and it showed Tav after we were 1-0 down and instead of ranting and raving like a lunatic he was calming people down, telling them keep calm and play your game. You don't always need to shout in someones face to make them play better, some folk need to realise that.

Katic was actually looking to his left and moves that way. The player that scored was to his right. If he had moved the other way - towards the player he might have had a chance of cutting out the pass but would definitely been close enough to get in a tackle and also negate the need for McGregor to be where he was.
He looked like a 50 years old careering out for a ball he was never getting, realising he wasn't getting it and basically just stop. Horrendous error. Luckily he's only had two or three of them this season. At least he seems to care

Seeing McGregor going daft is hardly anything new. He commands his box and his defence and if he doesn’t like what he sees, he gets them told. I’m sure Sasa Papac could explain that better, given he was a regular recipient of the mid game bollocking award.

And so he made a mistake. We all make them. His are very rare.

He looked very slow coming out for that ball..

I think he’s tired of watching the same turgid displays in front of him. Clearly trying to get the players to move the ball quicker.

For the goal, yes he didn’t cover himself in glory, but the defence switched off to allow the opportunity in the first place.

Bang on.

Also tired of watching the killie players holding on to the ball when we have a free kick.

Back