Allan McGregor

He was poor at the Killie goal yesterday but still a top class goalkeeper and he is in team because he is the best we have at Ibrox. He cares about our results unlike a few in the team who are there for the £’ssss.

So why does he run beyond the halfway line to get a booking,, that was just mental. Strangely enough his tantrum didn't improve our play.

The goal we lost wasn't all down to him but it looked like he'd lost his focus so he should get his sh.it together & leave the other stuff to the manager or, hopefully, a real captain
McGregor is a winner.He doesn’t see that in front of him

I feel for Mcgregor as I just think he is frustrated by what he has playing in front of him and he just like us feels they just don't "get it" what it means to be fortunate enough to say you are a Rangers player.

I was one would much rather he makes a mistake against Killie, rather than the Tims or the Sheep.
He has certainly gained us more points this season than he has lost

It didn't do any harm either did it?

Please explain how how him going off his nut early in the game and charging out for the booking has any correlation to conceding the goal.

I didn't think there was any correlation. The goal was a simple misjudgement, it happens.

Running all that way, ranting and getting booked looked like he was out of control

A rocket up the arse is normally the right way to gee a team of men up. We have a team full of little flowers. The hairdryer doesn't work with them.

Wish he'd showed the same determination at the goal as he did sprinting to the half way line to get booked.

I know he was on a booking but as a goalie if you're gonna come for it you have to commit.

He made the wrong decision to come out and be isolated, but made the correct decision not to clatter the guy, imo. Getting sent off helps nobody.

He made the wrong decision to come out and be isolated, but made the correct decision not to clatter the guy, imo. Getting sent off helps nobody.
Yeah you make a good point.

Once he comes out he's fucked it either way. It's likely a goal or a red.

He's done us proud this season so I don't think anyone will be jumping on his back too much but it was definitely a costly error yesterday.

His teammates didn't really dig him out though bar Alfie.

Wes came in when Allan got himself retrospectively banned.
Wes done well.
Wes gets dropped.

That imo is wrong. If you get your chance and take it you should stay in.

As for today it was like a rewind of Samaras goal, he didn’t do great for McGinns goal on Tuesday, didn’t even make an attempt at saving it.
He’s a top goalie but he’s had a few iffy moments recently

You want our keeper to start selling goals with any shot outside the box again. Wes is a back up never good enough to be number 1 at rangers in a million years.

Ranting and raving too what purpose? There are times when voices need to be raised and for people who genuinely care to rattle those who don't get it.

But it has to achieve something and have a purpose
You're taking m e too literally here but I do want more Barry Ferguson types in the team.

Wes came in when Allan got himself retrospectively banned.
Wes done well.
Wes gets dropped.

That imo is wrong. If you get your chance and take it you should stay in.

As for today it was like a rewind of Samaras goal, he didn’t do great for McGinns goal on Tuesday, didn’t even make an attempt at saving it.
He’s a top goalie but he’s had a few iffy moments recently
You'd have kept Morelos out after Kilmarnock then?
Either way, goalkeeper isn't the position to do play your second choice in.

Last edited:
Badly positioned today we know that , he’s in a definite rage. Wonder if this rage is getting repeated in the dressing room ?

You want our keeper to start selling goals with any shot outside the box again. Wes is a back up never good enough to be number 1 at rangers in a million years.
He was number one for 2 seasons so unless you’re rewriting history you’re factually incorrect.

he ran up and tried to get the ball for OUR free kick and was booked

the wee rat that commited the foul and decided to walk off with the ball as well, didn't even merit a talking to

What was up with him today?
Early on he’s ranting and raving like a lunatic,he then charges to the halfway line and gets himself booked,continues ranting and gesticulating at the CB’s instead of focusing on his own game,he then charges off his line and sells the jerseys for the goal.
He was a liability today.

He’s obviously had enough of his shitebag team mates.

Brilliant story from David Edgar, said it won’t be on the podcast as Stewart Robertson told him it’s not to go out. But basically when shagger was up in front of the compliance officer for the kick out at Ferguson at Pittodrie. It was shagger who asked the compliance office who had reported the incident and she wouldn’t tell him. He then asked her who was allowed to complain and that’s when it came out that anyone could complain. So Shagger asked her for her e-mail address. Then the next live celtic game on telly, shagger sat watching it and e-mailing her every two mins about every incident. She had to phone Stuart Maxwell(SFA CEO) and get him to phone Stewart Robertson to get him to phone shagger and tell him to stop.

What was up with him today?
Early on he’s ranting and raving like a lunatic,he then charges to the halfway line and gets himself booked,continues ranting and gesticulating at the CB’s instead of focusing on his own game,he then charges off his line and sells the jerseys for the goal.
He was a liability today.
Easy tactic lunch ball forward to rangers right back position run onto ball turn towards goal as right back never usually there either pass to team mate running other side of pitch towards rangers left back position as rangers dont normally have a left back playing there or run towards goal and shoot CBs are all over the place as they have no idea where full backs are at any one time. Usually at this point Mcgregor saves the day but sometimes not

Brilliant story from David Edgar, said it won’t be on the podcast as Stewart Robertson told him it’s not to go out. But basically when shagger was up in front of the compliance officer for the kick out at Ferguson at Pittodrie. It was shagger who asked the compliance office who had reported the incident and she wouldn’t tell him. He then asked her who was allowed to complain and that’s when it came out that anyone could complain. So Shagger asked her for her e-mail address. Then the next live celtic game on telly, shagger sat watching it and e-mailing her every two mins about every incident. She had to phone Stuart Maxwell(SFA CEO) and get him to phone Stewart Robertson to get him to phone shagger and tell him to stop.

Good old shagger

I think the ban he received has wormed it's way inside his head.

Holding the position of number one and being good enough are two different things.

That’s not the argument. The argument made was he’s never a rangers number 1, that’s an absolute. When I’m fact he was.

That’s not the argument. The argument made was he’s never a rangers number 1, that’s an absolute. When I’m fact he was.
You sure?

He literally said “never good enough to be number 1 at rangers in a million years”.

Seems very much like he’s talking about his ability.

You sure?

He literally said “never good enough to be number 1 at rangers in a million years”.

Seems very much like he’s talking about his ability.
You are 100% correct, I misread it.
Think I take the standard answer to Wes and apply it to any comments negatively slanted towards him.

Seriously.

He’s been great his season. But he seemed more interested today in shouting at everyone else than doing his job. Blasting the ball at the boy Goldson halved at the end could have easy seen him get a second yellow too.

Allan McGregor needs to focus on doing what he does best. Leave the rest of it out, it’s embarassing.
I thought I was the only one who noticed him blasting the ball at the guy Goldson brought down.totally crazy,but it summed him up,for his frustration yesterday.still player of the year for me

I think he’s an angry man due to the injustice of his 2 game ban. He’s watching lenient referees allow much worse against our players with no action, or at the least, a yellow that should be red. It’s no wonder that we’ve got so many players carrying minor injuries and it’s just luck that we don’t have some serious injuries. Gerrard is spot on with his comments about protection for our players.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing at the goal , what was going through his mind only he knows . A truly horrendous error .

Don't think ive ever seen him get caught in no man's land like he did for their goal. Looked way too emotional and I think it ruined his game.

Don't think ive ever seen him get caught in no man's land like he did for their goal. Looked way too emotional and I think it ruined his game.
Have to agree. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Calm down and think logically.
One other point. I have always believed that all free kicks should be taken quickly (as we did with Warburton ). Get ball and pass it, even backwards. Don't allow the opposition time to set up.

Yet you decide to post it online.

%^*& sake.

An uncharacteristic error cost us a goal.
I didn't understand why the ref booked him, seemed a nonsense decision.

Back